Havnt got my vista rtm key

Hey im a tester of vista on connect, and in that way so lucky that i will get a free copy of it.

But i havnt recived my serial yet (on connect they sayed that i to me in a week, the week isnt over yet, but i ask just for my ovn interest'). Do some of you have the same problem?

Hey im a tester of vista on connect, and in that way so lucky that i will get a free copy of it.

But i havnt recived my serial yet (on connect they sayed that i to me in a week, the week isnt over yet, but i ask just for my ovn interest'). Do some of you have the same problem?

I havent gotten mine either. Just wait a while, it takes them a bit to generate over 20,000 unique RTM keys and send them out to all of us.

yeah... i know the weird feeling of not having gotten it though. it's like until you have it - you don't really have the OS. i'm looking forward to slapping that key in there and making it official. Vista has been running really really nice for me on my home PC !!

Can you install vista final now and put the key in later? Or is that not possible

you sure can...it will allow you to install without the key...the catch is, you have 30 days to put the key in or the OS will go into "lockdown mode"

Oh so when i install, and it asks for a key, do i just not enter one and it'll let me do that?

Yep, just click past that page and you'll get 30 days on the countdown :)

Wicked, thanks guys.

make sure you select the correct edition when you run setup. otherwise, when you do get your key you may have to reinstall if the key doesn't match the edition you selected ;)

Eligible testers who were chosen to receive a free copy of Vista will probably be getting their keys on Wednesday, November 20, 2006 (or so I've been told). The earliest would be tomorrow (Tuesday), but that is unlikely.

Eligible testers who were chosen to receive a free copy of Vista will probably be getting their keys on Wednesday, November 20, 2006 (or so I've been told). The earliest would be tomorrow (Tuesday), but that is unlikely.

Thats funny because Monday (today) is the 20th. So I guess you mean the 22nd? ;)

you sure can...it will allow you to install without the key...the catch is, you have 30 days to put the key in or the OS will go into "lockdown mode"

and thats what worrie me... what if something screws up and I dont get one... I highly doubt that I can uninstall vista to go back to xp.. time to wait for the key first

and thats what worrie me... what if something screws up and I dont get one... I highly doubt that I can uninstall vista to go back to xp.. time to wait for the key first

If you managed to download it then you've already been rolled into the proper security permissions on connect to get the key, so in reality nothing really can go wrong.

I havent gotten mine either. Just wait a while, it takes them a bit to generate over 20,000 unique RTM keys and send them out to all of us.

Not all the testers will be getting keys. Out of the 20,000 testers, I'd guess only half of them submitted bugs to be eligible to get a free copy...

Not all the testers will be getting keys. Out of the 20,000 testers, I'd guess only half of them submitted bugs to be eligible to get a free copy...

Who gets a copy and who doesn't has already been established. The people that will be receiving a copy were already contacted and know who they are. We are just now waiting for the product keys so we can officially activate our copies :)

Who gets a copy and who doesn't has already been established. The people that will be receiving a copy were already contacted and know who they are. We are just now waiting for the product keys so we can officially activate our copies :)

I'm waiting too for my key, none yet came :no: hopefully we will get it before the end of this week :shifty:

They will come, we have 25 days to enter the key, thats almost a month, plenty of time :)

I agree....it said a week. If we don't have our keys after Friday, then I would worry.