Wii remote & nunchuck

Well, I think the topic says just about everything...

I was wonering how most people store the Wii Remote and the nunchuck. As for me, I'm just leaving them on the living room table infront of the TV. But they just sit on the talbe and add to the clutter if we're not using the Wii.

As for battery life... How much battery life do you get per controller? Does anyone know if Nintendo recomends a specific kind? I'm a bit let down that nintendo didn't make the remotes with a build-in rechargable battery like some wireless mice do. That would have made it really nice :(

Well, I think the topic says just about everything...

I was wonering how most people store the Wii Remote and the nunchuck. As for me, I'm just leaving them on the living room table infront of the TV. But they just sit on the talbe and add to the clutter if we're not using the Wii.

As for battery life... How much battery life do you get per controller? Does anyone know if Nintendo recomends a specific kind? I'm a bit let down that nintendo didn't make the remotes with a build-in rechargable battery like some wireless mice do. That would have made it really nice :(

I had to replace my main wiimote's battery for the first time today. This is probably after a daily play session of 6 or more hours a day since Sunday.

Also, as far as recharging goes... this may interest you.

Also, as far as recharging goes... this may interest you.

holy moly! any idea where/when people can get this?

I just checked out Joytech's site and they don't have it :(

btw: how do you store your wii remote and nunchuck?

Well, I can't tell you how long my friend's remote battery lasted entirely, but I can tell you that with the crappy batteries that came with it, it took anywhere from 6-9 hours for it to die out after going red. So, I'd estimate that the crappy batteries got somewhere in the vicinity of 30-45 hours total. Not bad, especially considering the fact that those crappy batteries are probably only 1800mAh each, while a good set of rechargeable NI-MH's are approx 2400mAh.

Shortly after I get my Wii (sometime in the next week or two), I'm going to need a new charger, because somehow I lost 2/4 nimh rechargeable batteries I had for this one.

holy moly! any idea where/when people can get this?

I just checked out Joytech's site and they don't have it :(

btw: how do you store your wii remote and nunchuck?

It doesn't exist yet I guess:

"Barr also mentioned that due to the limitations of the adapter port on the bottom of the Wii controller, there are no plans for an internally chargable battery like the Apple iPod or Nintendo DS"

source

However, that looks like it might actually be a battery back that replaces regular batteries and the usual battery cover, with the charging diodes on the back of the battery cover, completely avoiding the jack on the bottom of the Wiimote (that the 'chuck attaches to).

I found this post on another forum:

http://www.wiichat.com/latest-nintendo-wii...ccessories.html

Aren't the wiimote and nunchuck rechargeable??

They are if you have rechargeable batteries. The Wiimote uses two AA batteries.

The nunchuck itself takes its power from the Wiimote itself, so it has no separate batteries.

same as the nunchuck. the classic controller also takes it's power from the Wii Remote.

Hence why the nunchuck and controller can't be indipenent from the Wii Remote

I wish microsoft and nintendo would have put lithium ion batteries in the controllers - built in and included a charging cable. I mean how much can it cost them? It may make them even lighter too. $50 for a controller and i still have to buy my own batteries - what a rip.

I wish microsoft and nintendo would have put lithium ion batteries in the controllers - built in and included a charging cable. I mean how much can it cost them? It may make them even lighter too. $50 for a controller and i still have to buy my own batteries - what a rip.

I agree, I was kinda po'd when i found out that the wiimotes were going to require batteries. ah well, small price to pay for getting first-gen tech i guess... I'm sure they're saving that upgrade for future sales.

Buy the play and charge kit then.