Baby boy born with another baby inside him

This is just weird :huh:

A BOY has been born in Chile with a fetus in his stomach in what doctors said was a rare case of "fetus in fetu" in which one twin becomes trapped inside another during pregnancy and continues to grow inside it.

Doctors carried out a scan on the boy's mother shortly before she gave birth on November 15 in the southern city of Temuco and noticed the 10 cm long fetus inside the boy's abdomen.

It had limbs and a partially developed spinal cord but no head and stood no chance of survival, doctors said.

After the birth, doctors operated and removed the fetus from the boy's stomach. The boy, who has not been named, was recovering at Temuco's Hernan Henriquez hospital.

"It's very rare," said Maria Angelica Belmar, head of the hospital's neonatal wing, speaking of fetus in fetu cases.

"It occurs in only one in every 500,000 live births," she said, adding that the number of cases recorded worldwide was fewer than 90.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20818753-2,00.html

Yeah i seen something similar on tv once! but the guy didnt go to the doctor about it till he was like 50-60 lol!

OMG and he was ok ? :no: weird stuff

OMG and he was ok ? :no: weird stuff

If I'm thinking about the same case as he is; the man went to the doctor because he had chronic back pain or something and they found the skeletal remains of his twin's fetus in an x-ray. Crazy.

Yeah i seen something similar on tv once! but the guy didnt go to the doctor about it till he was like 50-60 lol!

I think I saw that too, was it on that show "top 100 weirdest things ever removed from the human body" or something?

And no pics?

Do you realise that comes across as really childish?

I heard of a woman with her twin inside her like this. If the fetus is in a fixed position and doesn't grow then I assume it's about as harmful as a benign tumour.

What is more weird are chimeras....

Telegraph article.

I have seen this before and in some poor countries the fetus is not removed from the baby since it is a expensive operation and it keeps growing as a parasite inside the other person and you just look pregnant, also i have heard that in some other countries when a woman gets pregnant for some estrange reason the baby gets all covered with bone like a big bone ball and it never comes out and people call them sleeping babys and believe the baby is sleeping and will be born wen he wakes up.

Thats beats that woman that I once saw on TV who had the remains of a baby she was pregnant with, that died during pregnancy, inside her. I have absolutely no idea how that is possible to happen, but it did.

And if you are wondering how can someone be pregnant and not know...just a few weeks ago that happened too. The woman was so fat, she was pregnant and didn't knew.

Weird...very weird :|