The Fountain

I loved this, I thought of just passing by it at blockbuster and grabbing something else but my girlfriend insisted on picking up this Hugh Jackman flick, and I was really really impressed. This story is very creative. I'm sampling the soundtrack right now based on all your reviews but I doubt I'll be disappointed.

• 2 years later...

I just watched this movie a few hours ago. It probably is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful imagery and soundtrack. Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz were perfect for their roles.

post-274334-1260680114_thumb.jpg

I just watched this movie a few hours ago. It probably is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful imagery and soundtrack. Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz were perfect for their roles.

Mkaaay, this is weird, after 12 monkeys topic i kinda thought of suggesting Fountain and there you go :D

But yeah, this probably is one of the best movies ive seen in this decade. I mean, its like cinematic poetry, really makes you think and provides just tremendous insight in what one is experiencing after loosing his loved one. I guess thers enough material in the movie for whole book, just analyzing the symbols and messages as just about every frame was there for a reason. Darren Aronofsky is just genious as his every movies is different, but equally brilliant. Though if i had to choose id say this is his masterpiece, so ambitious, but where others usually fail so hard, this was so perfectly executed and flawless on so many levels.

Mkaaay, this is weird, after 12 monkeys topic i kinda thought of suggesting Fountain and there you go :D

But yeah, this probably is one of the best movies ive seen in this decade. I mean, its like cinematic poetry, really makes you think and provides just tremendous insight in what one is experiencing after loosing his loved one. I guess thers enough material in the movie for whole book, just analyzing the symbols and messages as just about every frame was there for a reason. Darren Aronofsky is just genious as his every movies is different, but equally brilliant. Though if i had to choose id say this is his masterpiece, so ambitious, but where others usually fail so hard, this was so perfectly executed and flawless on so many levels.

Fun note: Meisz (Izzi) and Aronofsky (director) are engaged and were together since 2001.

PM me and recommend me more movies like this! I love these types of movies. Anything profound like The Pianist (depite its coverage of a horrific event) would be awesome.