http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

Im guessing you have to throw really hard to do some of the damage on ths site :pinch:

I mean, breaking a window by throwing a controller at it :s he must have REALLY thrown it :|

Seriously, people are retarded. It's not hard to hold on to those things, not to mention you don't need to swing it like you want to kill somebody.

I just can't believe how much its happening.... I have (2) questions.. 1st. Can/Will Nintendo be held liable for any of these? I mean is there any kind of warning saying your strap may break or such? 2nd is.. wow.. you know the asian people are laughing at us saying, look at those fat American kids..we give them a fun way to workout and they still screw it up.. hehe last part was a joke..

I don't believe Nintendo can be held liable for this. These people are obviously swinging their Remotes way too hard, and Nintendo shouldn't be responsible for their stupidity.

i cant believe people are even thinking about holding Nintendo liable but hey this is America. theres no reason to swing that hard. but no doubt there will be news of a law suit soon....

It's nice to know there's a site to share user's stupidity.

kid: look mom! according to this web site I'm THE most popular moron on the web today!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

mom: ... :rolleyes:

i cant believe people are even thinking about holding Nintendo liable but hey this is America. theres no reason to swing that hard. but no doubt there will be news of a law suit soon....

you have to remember we live in a nation where people sue fast food joints because they get fat from their food

its natural to release the wiimote when you want to release a bowling ball or a baseball, know what i mean?

Not when there's a huge tv in front of you..

Besides, rear projection is SO last decade.. time for an upgrade. It's his own fault for not holding on to the remote and/or wiping off his sweaty hands.

Also, just one step closer to seeing that plexi/acrylic TV cover 'wii accessory' being sold by some 3rd party exploiter.

As has been said before in other threads, it is natural to want to swing that hard when you really get into a game. If you haven't even played Wii Sports then don't say anything about people being stupid. You really do get that into it. It reminds me of how crazy my friends and I would get when playing Super Bomberman on the SNES with the multitap with four players. We would have to be told to be quite every 30 min because we'd get so into it, not to mention all the controller throwing because of not winning, etc. ... sigh, good times.

Nintendo has managed to make an excellent human interface for their system which puts all others to shame. Its just too bad the graphics are behind all the next gen systems because if they were the same Nintendo would completely wipe the floor of competition.

I think the only fault with the Nintendo's thinking (lanyard wise) is that they underestimated how great the control scheme is for the system and how into playing it people would be. A hardcore lanyard is definitely needed and will probably be introduced soon by 3rd parties, if not Nintendo themselves. One that can be velcroed (like to a surfboard) would probably do the trick.

Edited by QuarterSwede

I think you'll see someone launch a lawsuit when they miss a month of work and lose their job for getting bonked on the head from a flying wiissile... until then, I think the TV people will live. Thing is the fine print prevents Nintendo from being liable for anything you do. The strap is kinda like an airbag, they save lives all the time, but you always hear about them when something goes wrong with it.

soooooooo......you're going to swing as hard as you can, throw the remote at the tv and actually let go of it, and expect a tiny lanyard strap to hold it in-place?

common sense goes a long way. if you are infront of an 100" tv don't let go of the freaking remote and put all the force on the strap. letting go of the remote does nothing. in real life yes, in Wii sports, no.

the strap is there for the exact reason why straps are on camera's. it's there incase it slips.

only way it can go is you either let go purposley, or it slips due to the sweat in your hands (which again, common sense says dont' play with sweaty hands)

you wouldn't be swinging your camera around by it's strap would you? there's nothing in the Wii that said you can play it hands free....

keep your hands dry, and don't let go of the remote. that solves this problem