97.34 Full Vista Release drivers...

0sit0

i cant install any other drivers except the ones that come with windows. the other drivers (including this one) are too bugy, and somtimes the screen just goes out of sync i guess and i have to restart because all i see is diagonal lines :(

seamer
I just don't get why you gamers just doesn't use XP?

This is an ironic question; when XP came out everyone kept using win98se as their gaming rig. Took ages for people to realise how stupid they were being once they realised how stable XP is in comparison,

installshield_freak

Not having any problems here with the FX5200 128MB and I have to say Its an old ASUS Card

:D

trek

This is an ironic question; when XP came out everyone kept using win98se as their gaming rig. Took ages for people to realise how stupid they were being once they realised how stable XP is in comparison,

*ding ding* give this man a prize.

pandi

Not having any problems here with the FX5200 128MB and I have to say Its an old ASUS Card

:D

my fx5200 is from msi..

damn it..:)

Swiftie

Do these drivers work with a MX 400?

+Frank B.

Do these drivers work with a MX 400?

No, they don't.

LiGhTfast

For those who has a 19" WS LCD, what resolution do you use while waiting for 1440x900 support?

I set mine to 1280x960....

I have a realy old set of drivers that work fine at 1440 x 900 on my vista partition but dont boot into it because vista aint really useable to me or any computer i tried it on lol

How your putting up with 1280x960 is beyond me it would drive me mad get the old nvidia drivers or do the smart thing and stick with XP for while yet lol

gregor

i said too quickly for those drivers that are working great- because they don't :s.

just today, my computer crashed 2 times (being in the midle of WoW gaming). hope they fix that thing asap. my graphics card: 7600GT.

*cry*

nephipower

I have a Geforce Go 7400 and i have used the default drivers that came with Vista, the 97.19, and now 97.34. I have noticed that for some reason when I play DVDs on my computer that i doesn't look as crisp as when i was running Windows XP. In particular it looked pretty blurry with the drivers that came with Vista. When I upgraded to the 97.19 drivers it help out a fair amount but it still doesn't look clear and when there is action it looks almost pixelated or blurry. When i got the 97.34 drivers it didn't seem to make any difference compared to the 97.19 drivers. I get this same effect with Windows Media Player and Nero Showtime. Has anyone else had this problem too? Any possible solutions to this problem?

HoochieMamma

No, they don't.

Bah, I found this out after downloading them. Are the final RTM drivers going to be like the XP ones? (ie: All drivrs as far back as a Geforce2?)

Chicane-UK

Thats a bit of a poor comparison IMHO as Win98 WAS a shabby product compared to XP.. XP definately is not a shabby product compared to Vista. It is mature, well supported, and incredibly reliable. I think i've had about 2 WinXP lockups on my NForce2 rig in about 3 years! I've so far had more on Vista in a few weeks.

I'm sure Vista will mature and develop as time progresses but really comparing XP to Win98 is just nuts. They are not even remotely in the same ballpark..

:: Lyon ::

I need to alternate between 91.33 and this one so that I can play game but can use 1440x900 for windows browsing, chatting :{

trek

Thats a bit of a poor comparison IMHO as Win98 WAS a shabby product compared to XP.. XP definately is not a shabby product compared to Vista. It is mature, well supported, and incredibly reliable. I think i've had about 2 WinXP lockups on my NForce2 rig in about 3 years! I've so far had more on Vista in a few weeks.

I'm sure Vista will mature and develop as time progresses but really comparing XP to Win98 is just nuts. They are not even remotely in the same ballpark..

I think the OP's comparison is valid. I believe his original point was that XP was in the same position as Vista is now. It was the newcomer, and with it all the uncertainties and criticisms that come with it.

Originally, 98 was the gaming platform of choice, and people were reluctant to switch to it regardless of it's 'shabbiness'

+Frank B.

Bah, I found this out after downloading them. Are the final RTM drivers going to be like the XP ones? (ie: All drivrs as far back as a Geforce2?)

Unlikely. ForceWare for Vista will only support the DX9-capable cards, i.e. GeForce 5200FX and up.

HoochieMamma

Unlikely. ForceWare for Vista will only support the DX9-capable cards, i.e. GeForce 5200FX and up.

Damn, so I'm stuck with the default ones in Vista?

Any news on the next release? I'm excited to wait for 1440x900 support for my new LCD Widescreen ^^

richardsim7

Do they work on RC2? :)

-Rich-

IceDogg

Do they work on RC2? :)

-Rich-

Waits to hear this as well. If so I may reinstall RC2 and play some games on it to see if it's worth getting Vista ASAP or wait for a while longer.

Mr White

>Originally, 98 was the gaming platform of choice, and people were reluctant to switch to it regardless of it's 'shabbiness'

Because gaming on XP was subpar at that point due to the lack of mature vid drivers for gaming.

Win98 to XP was a leap. 98 was pretty unstable and XP based on the NT kernal brought stability....Apples and Oranges....pretty weak analogy IMO.

valhalla_rk

i don't understand why nVidia doesn't release a proper driver with the simple request of the widescreen resolutions... (in my case 1440x900 as well);

Well I'm sure they are trying hard.. though I prefer them to fix it first rather than updating laptop drivers, etc.. but well I'm not their boss

Besides, Vista is not supposed to be used until end of Jan anyway *the excuse*

gregor

someone said in this topic, nvidia is going to release new set of drivers for vista on dec 14th. since he also stated about their release for xp and was right, i kinda believe it.

so, let's hope for a good set of drivers which won't blue screen me when i'm playing a game and browsing the internet using firefox, okay? :)