Company logo for 50$, we need one!

Question

Browsing around for a while, I noticed some of you guys are real talented. I'm starting a Fishing Forum and need a logo. Just a bunch of Blue Collar guys that love to fish Long Island. The name of website is "The Fishing Station" and the website is thefishingstation.com. The working site is www.thefishingstation.com/fish/

Here is what I need:

1. Image has to be in vector format, no bitmaps.

2. Would live to have a striped bass in the design

2. Size to be 635x 150

3. Logo part should be usable even without company name

4. Professional and good looking

Depending how long it takes you, I will pay more. We use the honor system.

The prize to winner of competition is $50 USD that will be transfered via PayPal on Dec. 15, 2006.

Thanks guys and good luck.

Edited by WebRegit

Hi, well I had an idea and it turns out it's going to be a fair amount of work (as I've never done any sort of tracing in illustrator before), so I wanted to show u sort of where I was at, so that I can save myself a couple hours worth of work if I'm not on remotly the right track.

I want to spice up the text, but I'm not that far yet...I might move it down, and add a rod and line coming from the mouth...and I will add colour and the stripes to the fish if you like how this is going. Anyways I'm going to keep working on the fish because I need the practice. I think I would prefer the fish maybe a little less literal, maybe more cartoonie (only slightly..just what I keep seeing in my head).

Let me know...

[F]

btw, I got the image I am tracing of the bass here http://www.brunelltaxidermy.com/img/galler..._bass_large.jpg

Man do I hate that fish, what a pain. lol

So I haven't really had a lot of time to work on this...and I think I have more ideas than time lol. But I did spend the last hour or so trying to at least tighten things up with what I had.

As for a meaner fish, thats sometihng I'll work on, and cartoonie will have to be more work too. I instead tried to make something that was useable sooner rather than later.

Here's where I am so far. I added a tag of "the home of the tallest tale"..doesnt have to stay, but it just sort of came to mind and I thought I'd throw it in.

[F]

I put a test logo up there for color purposes only. Something (color-wise). Something similar to that.

http://thefishingstation.com/fish/

Hey thats cool, it's actually a pretty decent banner. I was wondering if u could figure out what colour your buttons are (the blue colour), I was trying to track that information down, but I'm not sure where to find it in the source of the page. I was tryign to incorporate a blue, but it didnt match yours and looked goofy...but I could use the actual blue properly, maybe change the text to that colour and the grad.

i dont like the top banner, it was a quick job

but i like the 3 logos... just wondering which one you like or dislike.. and how you think it could be made into a banner

fishing-station-ideas-1.jpg

Edited by sawdustfarmer