Company logo for 50$, we need one!

Question

Browsing around for a while, I noticed some of you guys are real talented. I'm starting a Fishing Forum and need a logo. Just a bunch of Blue Collar guys that love to fish Long Island. The name of website is "The Fishing Station" and the website is thefishingstation.com. The working site is www.thefishingstation.com/fish/

Here is what I need:

1. Image has to be in vector format, no bitmaps.

2. Would live to have a striped bass in the design

2. Size to be 635x 150

3. Logo part should be usable even without company name

4. Professional and good looking

Depending how long it takes you, I will pay more. We use the honor system.

The prize to winner of competition is $50 USD that will be transfered via PayPal on Dec. 15, 2006.

Thanks guys and good luck.

Edited by WebRegit

*slap* :whistle:

:laugh: Don't get me wrong, a LOT of open source stuff is excellent, just not a lot of the vector art I have seen.

Anyway, back to the topic, how about I change the fisherman altogether to one better suited?...

FishingStationNew34.jpg

...I know the line needs tidied a little, but what do you think?

Lol, don't I just need some help!!

But, here is another variation of the new fishing guy, a coloured one of the old one, and the last one just *may* be the missing link....I added a drop shadow below the top of the 'O', let me know what you think...

FishingStationNew35.jpg

FishingStationNew36.jpg

FishingStationNew37.jpg

Could result in the same images showing up in several logos

Doesn't it also mean he has to release the logo to the public if he used an open source graphic in it. Am I correct? If someone takes the linux kernel source code which is open source, adds stuff to it then sells it to someone that person has to make the source code available. Also you cannot copyright the logo if he used any open source graphics in it.

Doesn't it also mean he has to release the logo to the public if he used an open source graphic in it. Am I correct? If someone takes the linux kernel source code which is open source, adds stuff to it then sells it to someone that person has to make the source code available. Also you cannot copyright the logo if he used any open source graphics in it.

Correct, GPLed items can only be included in things that are also GPL.

Guys, it's NOT open source graphics, so rule that out for starters! :)

If the requester likes the work I am doing, then what's the problem? I never hide the fact I don't make a lot of my images.

Oh and let's be honest here, anyone looking for a logo to copyright or trademark is not likely to come to somewhere like here for the design. So even if I were to use open source, it is unlikely to be a problem.

Edited by Pixelised

Okay, here's another attempt at the fisherman. I have him coming out of the 'O' from the bottom this time...

FishingStationNew39.jpg

...and here is a totally different fisherman...

FishingStationNew38.jpg

Let me know what you think. I really can't see what is wrong with the fisherman, the more I look, the less I see wrong :)

No worries I will have a another look later on today. But just one thing - what do you mean by 'realistic'? Do you want him coloured? More detailed? Just change the shape around? It will help me work out what to do with it.

Thanks

Okay, fingers crossed....

FishingStationNew40.jpg

...and the fisherman blown up to give you an idea...note the 'woah' face :) ...

Fisherman.jpg

I spent some time adding clothing, features etc etc. Hopefully it's not too much now, but I can always knock it back a little. Hope you like it.

Okay, will try that. I take it you think it's too much when coloured? The only problem with adding legs is I will have to move the reflected text way down if you see what I mean?

Okay, not sure this works, but here he is with legs...

FishingStationNew41.jpg

...or how about keeping it as before and adding a gradient at the bottom of the text, to make it appear as if it's in the water?...

FishingStationNew42.jpg

Edited by Pixelised

That is it.

Could you put legs on him and a ball cap instead of sherlock holmes?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/Digg...tationNew38.jpg You see where it says "the fishing station" around the ring? Can you make that ""THEFISHINGSTATION.COM"

It is between this:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/Digg...tationNew41.jpg

AND THIS:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/Digg...tationNew38.jpg

Okay, try these and see what you think. I personally don't think leg/s work on the 2nd one as the reflection is not working out well, but I guess I could always ditch the reflection or just reflect the text...

NewFishingStation.jpg

NewFishingStation1.jpg

EDIT - the other possibility with the 2nd fisherman is to remove his feet...

NewFishingStation2.jpg

Edited by Pixelised