Service Pack 3 shipping to testers

I got a package from Redmond today :)

Windows 20000 Service Pack 3 seems to have been sent out to tester's. I got 3 CD's. One is the Integrated (Windows 2000 Pro with SP3 already applied, it is a bit like a beta XP. Expires and has a build number on the desktop) another is the Stand Alone SP3 (which obviousley you install on your current 2000 setup) and the other was a Customer Support CD. Had various tools Windows Debug and some other things. (You had a choice on the signup page btw so your packs may differ in contents slightley).

Changes to so far, well it says 'Service Pack 3' in the WINVER now ;0) my expectations at first was that they *might* have added some things such as the XP explorer sidebar and some other minor things more aimed at professional/power user's, you know. I actually had the idea in my head that they might release a pack to 'update' the Windows Logo's to the new style. Well if thats the way the winlogo is going to look maybe they would want to give the products a bit more consistancy. Anyawy looks like its a pure bug fix's release. Shame.

I know this might be old news, but i just thought id mention that the packs should now be arriving in your mail box''s.

Enjoy

-Robert

yep had my beautiful pack shipped to me this morning, going to install tommorow when i get a chance, hope all is ok with it. do some rough testing with it.

i hope MS do do the ideas you gave, have you received your betapalce pass and user btw, can't remember which e-mail addy i gave them, oh well it'll turn up i hope.

Applied for SP3 on the Beta Site, never got an answer...I guess i wasn't picked. Applied also for DX9, and i think i was skipped again, what the hell one must do to be accepted? madgo.gif

I did find one thing.

When i forwarded the date ahead (the integrated version had an expiry date) of the date of expiry. Nothing happened when i rebooted :D no message about reinstalling/expiring or anything. Which is good. :0)

Well as far as the PC was concerned. It had. I did it from the BIOS. I can't imagine any other way the PC could calcuate the passage of time. :) still