Firmware 1.300000 released

Lexus, BMW and Mercedes dont advertise features that the car doesnt have, they also dont make cars that have huge defects that have to have lots of revisions before they fix it.

Lexus, BMW and Mercedes dont advertise features that the car doesnt have, they also dont make cars that have huge defects that have to have lots of revisions before they fix it.

Yes they do. Seriously, cars go through many, many, many revisions. Why do you think they have 2005 and 2006 models. Plus even those cars have recalls. My Cadillac has a recall. At least Sony doesn't make you take your PS3 back into the shop to get it fixed.

But the player is capabable of playing HD - but it may not be compatible with your tv.

Like, your BMW can go 250km/h - but your country's roads are not compatible with it :laugh: you can only go 80km/h.. :shiftyninja:

Yes they do. Seriously, cars go through many, many, many revisions. Why do you think they have 2005 and 2006 models. Plus even those cars have recalls. My Cadillac has a recall. At least Sony doesn't make you take your PS3 back into the shop to get it fixed.

No they make you send it away and the courier they insure to ship it make PS3s dissapear. I realise cars go through many revisions, but cars dont usually ship with huge flaws like the PS3 scaler. "The HD era doesnt start till we say it does" heh.

No they make you send it away and the courier they insure to ship it make PS3s dissapear. I realise cars go through many revisions, but cars dont usually ship with huge flaws like the PS3 scaler. "The HD era doesnt start till we say it does" heh.

Yes cars do ship with huge flaws, as does the 360, as does almost any other electronic device. Ford Explorers had tires a few years ago that burst on some vehicles killing people. Try to tell the dead peoples families that it isn't a huge flaw. They would probably laugh at you when you tell them you can't watch your Blu-Ray's in high def. Plus Microsoft and almost any other electronics manufacturer have you ship back the products that are defective to fix, my Mom had a MS mouse that didn't work from day 1, she had to ship it back to get a new one.

Plus, the HD scaler issue will probably be fixed via firmware upgrade so no need even shipping them back.

I truthfully do not get the concern from many people on here who have no plans to ever get a PS3 and why they are so caught up on everything Sony does. Yes the scaler issue is a problem, hopefully they get it fixed. But there are many on the forum that jump all over any negative that Sony can do while ignoring the other side.

Edited by mufdvr3669

I truthfully do not get the concern from many people on here who have no plans to ever get a PS3 and why they are so caught up on everything Sony does.

Never say never, I hate Sony but I still have a modded PS2. I might upgrade eventually.

Sony seems so caught up in everything everyone else does also, seems like they should spend more time worrying about themselves.

I truthfully do not get the concern from many people on here who have no plans to ever get a PS3 and why they are so caught up on everything Sony does. Yes the scaler issue is a problem, hopefully they get it fixed. But there are many on the forum that jump all over any negative that Sony can do while ignoring the other side.

QFT (First time ive used that - be gentle)

I did plan on getting a PS3, till i found out the price, and im glad i didnt now with all the negative news and all the flaws. I do still plan on getting a PS3 once its cheaper and bugs have been worked out. Just because i dont have one right this minute doesnt mean my points are any less valid.

I did plan on getting a PS3, till i found out the price, and im glad i didnt now with all the negative news and all the flaws. I do still plan on getting a PS3 once its cheaper and bugs have been worked out. Just because i dont have one right this minute doesnt mean my points are any less valid.

All of the consoles have flaws is my point. The only flaws most people seem to care about on the forums are the ones from Sony, even though most of the people criticizing don't want a PS3 anyway.

Every console has it's downside's and bugs. For example much has been made of the PS3's inability to carry out background downloading; while I agree this is pretty lame people do seem to have short memories because back when the 360 launched it also didn't support background downloading. After about 6 months or so Microsoft listened to what the people wanted and the 360 did get an update to enable it.

Hopefully Sony will be listening to current PS3 owners and do a similar thing, I'm not holding my breath though since its took them over a year to add an option to the PSP that allows you to turn of the UMD drive auto launching discs.

With regards to the ongoing HD issues with the PS3, anyone reading the tech sites will know that it has been reported that the 360 still has an issue with the 1080p HD resolution over VGA that results in screen tearing. While this does not affect me, there is some good news in that apparently another firmware update is on its way to fix it.

http://eleazar.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-en...lems-218493.php

I'm not mentioning this to start a flame war; I'm just trying to prove a point that no console is perfect and will require updates. This definately seems to be the case with all 3 next gen systems so far which each machine getting firmware updates to sort out issues and add new features.

Edited by ReAnimation

Was it ever advertised as the ultimate blu-ray player? :unsure:

Well, one would think that the company behind the Blu-Ray technology would set the standard for a quality Blu-Ray Player, no?

Just cause it's not the top of the line doesn't make it mediocre. I wouldn't call Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes mediocre cars.

lol You don't want to start discussing cars with me... ;) (My web link is my job)

Wait, I have something coming in here...

wait for it...

You live in....Pembroke Pines!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pacifier:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pacifier:

your birthday is March 10th, 1970.

So what does this update has to offer? Well, according to the official PlayStation site, version 1.30 will enable your PS3 to detect various USB devices, specifically:

* Logitech Driving Force USB Steering Wheel

* Logitech Driving Force Pro USB Steering Wheel

* Logitech Driving Force EX USB Steering Wheel

* HORI Flightstick2 USB Flight Stick

* Logitech Flight Force USB Flight Stick

Besides that, here are the other features available in this update:

* You can now register the BD remote control in [Register Bluetooth Device] under [Accessory Settings].

* [bD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [bD/DVD Settings].

* [backup Utility] has been added as a feature under [system Settings].

* You can now select the hard disk format method in [Format Utility] and [Restore PS3 System] under [system Settings].

* The method of selecting output resolution has been changed in [Video Output Settings] under [Display Settings].

So what does this update has to offer? Well, according to the official PlayStation site, version 1.30 will enable your PS3 to detect various USB devices, specifically:

* Logitech Driving Force USB Steering Wheel

* Logitech Driving Force Pro USB Steering Wheel

* Logitech Driving Force EX USB Steering Wheel

* HORI Flightstick2 USB Flight Stick

* Logitech Flight Force USB Flight Stick

I am really perplexed. :wacko:

How does Sony plan to recoop hardware sale losses when they are enabling third-party non-PS3-licensed products to work on their system?? :huh: :blink: :no:

How does Sony plan to recoop hardware sale losses when they are enabling third-party non-PS3-licensed products to work on their system?? :huh: :blink: :no:

Probably as a lot of consumers will still go ahead and buy sony branded goods for their PS3's.

You have to remember Playstation is the largest brand at the moment and has the most consumers - a LOT of these consumers are casual gamers who wouldn't know any better about 3rd party options. They recognize Sony goods should work with a Sony console and thats it.

And anyway its nice of them to do this ;)

Crippling your own product doesn't make money in the long run.