[Review] Sony Ericsson K800i

I am this close (|--|) to ordering this phone. Problem is, it's almost a year old now, but there's still nothing that really superceedes it in my mind. The K810 has HORRIFIC buttons. And the Nokia n95 has a 5mp cam, but only LED flash...

Grrrrr!

Year old it is, but it still beats most phones that are released today.

I bought one of these off a friend for ?80;)). I had to order an unlock code from Orage though which is taking long to arrive. I also debranded the phone so there is no annoying Orange crap in the menu. It is defo work debranding your K800i if its branded as the menu not only looks better but your shortcut menu comes back.

The K810 has HORRIFIC buttons. Grrrrr!

I think the buttons look pretty slick, as do a lot of people i have shown the phone to. There is no loss of functionality just because they are small and round, they are very comfortable to text and dial on, and with the lighting of the keypad it looks gorgeous in the dark.

Hmmm, just some reviews I have read claim it's a step down from the k800 - buttons are not as tactile, the joystick is less responsive and so on...

Guess I will just have to play with one in-store.

yeah i got one :D of these couple weeks back... had the k750i before.. and im loving this phone its only impresses me :D hehehe

I just got the K810i on Orange, which is essentially the K800i but looks much nicer.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=sg&...p&pid=10804

I was a bit hesitant about purchasing it with the round buttons, but after using them I've not even noticed they're any different. You get used to it in minutes, and they look damn fine! I was also worried about the software, because I've noticed alot of new phones have laggy menus, but the K810i runs smooth as butter. And from the back it looks almost like a proper digicam.

I used to be a bit of a Samsung fanboy but I thought I'd go for a change, and I'm not regretting it!

Edited by NegaC

funny buttons on that bad boy ;).. how are they though easy to use ?

They are meant to be just as easy to use apparently. They are well sexy though :p

I like the large-ish buttons on that phone (K800i). All these new phones have tiny buttons with little numbers which you can barely read or press... It's hard to find a phone for me.

I had to get the LG KG800 for that reason.

We ended up getting the Samsung U600, that seems to have the best keypad and screen.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a phone before. But not this one. Mine is N5300.

It's cheaper than this, especially in China.

K800 is nearly 3000 yuan(China currency)

and N5300 is only 1800 yuan.

I like the K800 very much . But I have not enough money :no:

What a pity...