PS3 Delayed till September?

Of Course they did it on purpose to promote the console so people will think its actually worth buying which its not lol. Blu-Ray is new technology and they are trying to bundle it in (forced mind you). Why do you find stupid things to throw back?

Because you fuel me..

Wanna continue fighting on live? "Ima beat yo azz!" :huh:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=521203

I'm sure we'll see our March release. I can't wait :woot:

Fact is if European gamers don't mind waiting till March (I don't, many others don't) it doesn't particulary matter what anyone who wasn't intending to buy the console says.

All you guys bitching about the delay for europe, any of you actually affected? Any of you planning on buying the PS3? If potential buyers are lost then yes thats bad for Sony but people moaning who aren't even interested in the console... Sony won't care, it doesn't really matter.

Just wondering.

"Fact is if European gamers don't mind waiting till March"

Fact is Europeans are FORCED to ****ing wait.

Really customers buy things and determine markets and not the makers?

Yeah, it's true. It's called supply and demand. Lean a little about economics and marketing and then try posting again. If your product has no customers guess what, your product doens't last. Here's another bomb: If consumers want something (that's called "demand") then a supplier will supply it (that's called "supply"). Hence, if gamers are demanding HD games then the suppliers (eg: Microsoft) will provide it to satisfy the demand. In that way, consumers control the marketplace.

Isn't that amazing? Companies depend 100% on their customers to buy their products in order to stay in business. (Where do you think they get their money from?) Basically, keep your customers happy or kiss your company good bye.

So anyway, Microsoft learned that there was *demand* for HD gaming and then they provided a product to satisfy the demand. Nearly 8.5 million satisfied consumers to date. Sony feels that they can control their customers and they have yet to sell half a million consoles. Who do you think is the better supplier (Hint: It starts with "Micro" and ends in "soft")

No you can't buy a 360. It would be impossible. Plus it has no games.

Wow, I guess I know why the term FUD gets thrown around. Here's an idea. Sit down in front of the television and turn on a channel. Sooner or later you will see an advertisement for XBOX 360 and, what's this? Oh, it says there are over 100 HD games available. So "it has no games" is just plain wrong.

And yes you can buy an XBOX 360. All you need is to get up, get out of the house, and go to your favorite retailer. Or, go to your favorite online merchant with a credit card. It really is that easy. Much easier than setting up camp and being at Sony's mercy for a product that really doens't offer much more than 360.

Cause maybe some people want a PS3. I might just be taking random guesses at that one though.

Yeah, some people would rather wait around for a more expensive console than enjoy HD gaming now. And if that's what makes you happy then hey more power to ya. These are the kind of people that think comapnies control the marketplace.

Meanwhile, the rest of us live in the free world and the free marketplace and understand that companies are actually at our mercy. And that's why XBOX 360 customers are enjoyign HD gaming while the Sony die-hards simply aren't.

Edited by C_Guy

Hardly, Sony said PS3 would launch worldwide 2006, i dont see a PS3 in the shops in europe, they also said they were gonna sell 4 million by year end 2006, which turned to 2 million, now its down to 1 million. They also said they would have 400k for America and 100k for Japan at launch, PS3 barely sold 450k to date.

Need i go on?

and there it is, i agree with that 100% phony sony jk

the longer it takes the better the wii and xbox360 looks to the gamer that wants his next gen console

Edited by rap4life

Because you fuel me..

Wanna continue fighting on live? "Ima beat yo azz!" :huh:

I am not fighting about anything, You are being the awakard "I love Sony" fanboy. :laugh:

and there it is, i agree with that 100% phony sony jk

the longer it takes the better the wii and xbox360 looks to the gamer that wants his next gen console

Majority of gamers buy for their taste in games.... Not because they need to wait an extra few months!

Majority of gamers buy for their taste in games.... Not because they need to wait an extra few months!

My freind is the biggest Sony fanboy on the planet Earth and I directed him to neowin and some other sites where it says PS3 will probably release her in Australia at end of March at earliest and cost $999 ($US 600).

Gues what? After about a week of convincing and proving ther hardwre are equal (even proving to him the 360 has superior GPU) he has changed his mind and gone with the 360 which cost around $500 ($300 US). ANd he wa sone of those "PS3 has teh l33t blu-ray and 1 tera flops" kinda fanboy aswell.

Thats atleast 1 sale sony ha slost, cause I hardly doubt he can buy a $1000 console in about 5 months time. Im sure many people in europe will just get fed up an dmove on to the 360 or Wii.

My freind is the biggest Sony fanboy on the planet Earth and I directed him to neowin and some other sites where it says PS3 will probably release her in Australia at end of March at earliest and cost $999 ($US 600).

Gues what? After about a week of convincing and proving ther hardwre are equal (even proving to him the 360 has superior GPU) he has changed his mind and gone with the 360 which cost around $500 ($300 US). ANd he wa sone of those "PS3 has teh l33t blu-ray and 1 tera flops" kinda fanboy aswell.

Thats atleast 1 sale sony ha slost, cause I hardly doubt he can buy a $1000 console in about 5 months time. Im sure many people in europe will just get fed up an dmove on to the 360 or Wii.

I agree with Something Corporate. Maybe that's your friend, maybe he doesn't have any favorite game or series but people that want to play games like Gran Turismo, MGS4, FFXIII, FFvXIII are going to wait for the system that will have those games. That's my case and a lot of people too. The Xbox 360 is awesome and looks great but I'm not interested in any of the games on that system, maybe Blue Dragon but I'm not going to buy a console for just one game and I bet there are going to be other titles in the future for the PS3 like a God of War 3 or kingdom Hearts 3 that I'm want to play too.

Yes it is. HD gaming starts when *gamers* say so, not when an ignorant company thinks so. (Seriously, Sony, who the crap do you think you are anyway? Just keep it up and see how many customers you have left)

I'm certainly no expert on consoles, but couldn't you just join the 8 Million+ happy XBOX 360 gamers? Doesn't XBOX 360 have 100+ HD games?

Why wait to buy a more expensive console when you can have an XBOX 360 now? And oh yes, it's in stock at your favorite retailer - just in time for Christmas. Unlike Wii and PS3 who decided that the 2006 Christmas season would be a great time to NOT have their products ready for purchase....marketing professionals at their finest!

100+ HD games..... that's a laugher. Try about a handful that actually look it. Don't confuse HD with the actual effort to make the games "next gen" visually.

No they couldn't, stop being a ignorant Sony Fanboy, you have not backed up all of your claims with proof. Sony couldn't do a world wide launch because of production shortages and problems with the Bluray drive (in the PAL regions).

Yes they could of done a worldwide release. It would of cause more shortages but still nonetheless could of done a worldwide release. Hell, I could do a worldwide release of my own console tomorrow, doesn't mean I'll actually ship any. Lots of videocard makers have done paper launches before where the actual video card wasn't available for months after they launched it. Thanks. Plus you might want to stop calling people ignorant Fanboys, might get you warned around here.

Plus C-Guy. You might want to look up the word sarcasm in the dictionary since you didn't get my post directed towards you.

Forget about the games for a second and think about the hardware side of things.

I made a post about it exactly 1 year ago, my main argument was by Sony delaying the PS3 they are wasting the image of being top of the line in terms of hardware.

When the 360 came out it was the equivelant of a top computer system worth a cople of thousand, not to mention it has a DX10 GPU.

Now this is the problem with Sony, by next year DX10 cards will be the standard, PS3 has a GPu much like the nvidia 79xx series and is DX9. And quad core is also coming out. Theres no more "wow" factor, as impressive as the cell is, the core duos and quad core of next year will blitz it along side of dx10 cards.

When the 360 there was no triple core processors, with all the hype created for the PS3 the hardware will not be that big of adeal considering the technologies coming out in couple of months time.

Did anyone here have a triple core processor in there home PC november last year?

Will some guy have a quad core, and dx10 card when PS3 coems out in March in Europe?

Forget about the games for a second and think about the hardware side of things.

I made a post about it exactly 1 year ago, my main argument was by Sony delaying the PS3 they are wasting the image of being top of the line in terms of hardware.

When the 360 came out it was the equivelant of a top computer system worth a cople of thousand, not to mention it has a DX10 GPU.

Now this is the problem with Sony, by next year DX10 cards will be the standard, PS3 has a GPu much like the nvidia 79xx series and is DX9. And quad core is also coming out. Theres no more "wow" factor, as impressive as the cell is, the core duos and quad core of next year will blitz it along side of dx10 cards.

When the 360 there was no triple core processors, with all the hype created for the PS3 the hardware will not be that big of adeal considering the technologies coming out in couple of months time.

Did anyone here have a triple core processor in there home PC november last year?

Will some guy have a quad core, and dx10 card when PS3 coems out in March in Europe?

Not to be picky but its not really a DX10 GPU, it has some things in common with DX10 specs but its a DX9 GPU, although i liked to call it a DX9.5.

PS3 specs were outdated last year let alone when it launches in March. (if it does)

Maybe Sony launching in Europe in March is actually a very clever move?

Christmas shortages we're always going to drive prices up through the roof on Ebay etc, and with the Xbox 360 being cheap and available (and PS3 prices in Europe being so high, or rumoured to be), maybe rather than loose sales with panic buying parents, they have actually removed the need to directly compete, and will attract the sales with the games alone instead of competing for peoples money over a time when panic buying is rife.

Not to be picky but its not really a DX10 GPU, it has some things in common with DX10 specs but its a DX9 GPU, although i liked to call it a DX9.5.

Still the dx9/10 hybrid is better than a dx9 card only. So you do agree taht PS3 has been more than outmatched by computers therefore there no "wow" factor like I said. They claim to be all next gen.

They have the same hardware as a 1 year old system and most computer can pwn PS3 specs so noone of that omg i Have the latest hardware.

Im going to play devils advocate here, the xbox was basically a 733Mhz Pentium 3 with a GeForce 2 and a bit based GPU while were were on Pentium 4s and Athlon XPs at 2Ghz.

PS3 isnt as outdated as the xbox was back in the day and the xbox held its own against the PS2.

I dont see the technology being much of an issue but compared to the technology thats in the Xbox 360 i think it will start to pull away from the PS3.

I believe Sony said this was false. :x

Yah.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21699

Even if they didn't have enough units, they'd be stupid to delay it again. A limited launch is much better for hype than a delayed launch. Surely they could get at least 200,000 or so to launch with by March. Otherwise they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Some of my die-hard psx fanboys friends are already crossing over to Nintendo... I guess some of them will buy the ps3 anyway when it comes out. But a few weeks ago they were like "nintendo is for kids" and now they are like "how did I not pre-order a wii?"

I'll just wait till one of them buys a wii and I'll try it myself :D

I'll also consider buying the PS3 if it is ever released in europe :p But only for 'HD' reasons

We have to wait yet again. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Resistance: Fall of Man. Great, wait again. I think some of those games are coming out for the X-Box 360. Well I won't be able to afford the PS3 whenever it comes out anyway.

It wouldn't really make a difference if they did release it even later, obviously it's better for competitors as they won't have to lower their prices etc.

if people want a ps3 they will wait, i mean most people that want a ps3 seem to want it for mgs4 which you cant get on th 360 anyway. i doubt it will fall back to september but if it did i doubt it would make a lot of difference.

Still the dx9/10 hybrid is better than a dx9 card only. So you do agree taht PS3 has been more than outmatched by computers therefore there no "wow" factor like I said. They claim to be all next gen.

They have the same hardware as a 1 year old system and most computer can pwn PS3 specs so noone of that omg i Have the latest hardware.

Still the PS2 sold millions of systems last year and the Wii is selling lots of systems this year. The majority of people don't care about the specs on the system, especially some minute details about whether the card is direct x version 9 or 10 or how many gigaflopamahertz the thing does. The only people who care about specs are the ones who argue with each other on message boards.