PS3 Delayed till September?

Still the PS2 sold millions of systems last year and the Wii is selling lots of systems this year. The majority of people don't care about the specs on the system, especially some minute details about whether the card is direct x version 9 or 10 or how many gigaflopamahertz the thing does. The only people who care about specs are the ones who argue with each other on message boards.

IT funny hoiw the sony fanboy change in the bat of an eyelid.

When xbox pwned ps2 they said look @ teh game sonly who cares about hardware.

Sony fanboys hear abot the cell and bluray, they go on a rampage how l33t teh system is.

Sony fanboys find out that the ps3 is only equivelant after all there hype to the 360, then we get comments liek your back to the old P@ ha dmore sale look @ teh games., blah blah.

Atleast the xbox fnboys stick to there word eithe rsticking one the game arguments or with the hardware argument.

Sony fanboys hear abot the cell and bluray, they go on a rampage how l33t teh system is.

Sony fanboys find out that the ps3 is only equivelant after all there hype to the 360, then we get comments liek your back to the old P@ ha dmore sale look @ teh games., blah blah.

Atleast the xbox fnboys stick to there word eithe rsticking one the game arguments or with the hardware argument.

First you might want to get a spellcheck program.

Then realize it's not about the hardware, it's about the games. Look at the Wii and PS2. They are both still selling lots of systems. Sure the hardware is a nice plus, but have yet to stop playing a Final Fantasy game due to it not looking ultra cool. Your hardware doesn't equal the size of your e-penis, just cause one system can push more polygons doesn't make it better. The quality of the games is what is going to make or break a system.

Though I'm sure you've gotten rid of all your old games for the XBox cause they don't have super ultra cool graphics anymore. ;)

Wow resorted to the old Spell Check cliche gimme a break.

Your hardware doesn't equal the size of your e-penis, just cause one system can push more polygons doesn't make it better. The quality of the games is what is going to make or break a system.

Though I'm sure you've gotten rid of all your old games for the XBox cause they don't have super ultra cool graphics anymore.

OMFG did you read what I am saying?

Ill summarise it for you:

Sony fanboys jump on the hardware/software bandwagon depending on what Ken Kutaragi expells from his anus. He says cell is ultral33t, next day we get 1000000 billion Sony fanboys saying how its gonna destoy the 360.

Through this time the xbox fanboys maintined there postion that the 360 is equally powerful if not better, we didnt suddenly go screw the hardware its all about halo 3 (which inceidently isnt even released yet) we always said our hardware is good if not better, and the sonyers said the same thing about there console.

Now with the latest reviews out Sony loading game 3-4x longer than the 360, having all sorts of upscaling issues and then most reports of the internet giving the 360 hardware the nod of approval saying it can stand up to the cell, plus with a better GPU engine (dont argue this point).... What happens next? Suddenly we get the tidal waves of sonyers saying its all about the game and MGS4 and FFxxx will recover them. No longer we hear about the boasting of the hardware.

Maybe in the end it will be about the games, since the PS3 isnt quite the hardware beast Ken made it out to seem like. But with Gears doing so well, Halo3 to come up and with RUMOURS of developers leaving sony and FF coming to the 360. Sony is not gonna have its way this time in the fight, they (mosty Ken) just ignored MS

giving them no credibilty and trying to shove blu-ray down everyones throat. Its ironc how blu-ray is supposed to be the saviour of the PS3 for 2 reasons.

a.) Blur ray is the reason the PS3 was delayed with the whole diode thing

b.) What if Hd-dvd wins the format war, then this has 2 effects, firstly the people wouldnt be to happy if the reason they bought the ps3 was for being a media player system. Secondly piracy also sells consoles, if people arent able to copy blu-ray games they wont buy the Ps3 for 1 game. I dont know how much money you make I hardly doubt the average Joe family in the USA or anywhere can shell out $500-$600 bux for a console then about $60-$80 bux each game thereafter.

^^^ It's always been about the games. Specs are nice, better graphics are nice, but you don't play games cause they are pretty you play them because they are fun. I could care less about whose console is more powerful, I like both the 360 and the PS3. But right now I think I am going to like the PS3 more in the future due to the Japanese style RPG's that probably won't be available on the 360.

Maybe in the end it will be about the games.

Maybe??? So the Wii has no chance then right??? Boy all those Wii owners having no fun playing their systems that don't stack up to the 360 and PS3. I have actually thrown out my XBox and PS2 because it didn't have the latest and greatest graphics. Cause that's why I got into gaming. IT'S GRAPHICS MAN. </sarcasm>

People who boast that their console is better due to it being more powerful are stupid IMO. Every side.

Wow resorted to the old Spell Check cliche gimme a break.

OMFG did you read what I am saying?

Ill summarise it for you:

Sony fanboys jump on the hardware/software bandwagon depending on what Ken Kutaragi expells from his anus. He says cell is ultral33t, next day we get 1000000 billion Sony fanboys saying how its gonna destoy the 360.

Through this time the xbox fanboys maintined there postion that the 360 is equally powerful if not better, we didnt suddenly go screw the hardware its all about halo 3 (which inceidently isnt even released yet) we always said our hardware is good if not better, and the sonyers said the same thing about there console.

Now with the latest reviews out Sony loading game 3-4x longer than the 360, having all sorts of upscaling issues and then most reports of the internet giving the 360 hardware the nod of approval saying it can stand up to the cell, plus with a better GPU engine (dont argue this point).... What happens next? Suddenly we get the tidal waves of sonyers saying its all about the game and MGS4 and FFxxx will recover them. No longer we hear about the boasting of the hardware.

Maybe in the end it will be about the games, since the PS3 isnt quite the hardware beast Ken made it out to seem like. But with Gears doing so well, Halo3 to come up and with RUMOURS of developers leaving sony and FF coming to the 360. Sony is not gonna have its way this time in the fight, they (mosty Ken) just ignored MS

giving them no credibilty and trying to shove blu-ray down everyones throat. Its ironc how blu-ray is supposed to be the saviour of the PS3 for 2 reasons.

b.) What if Hd-dvd wins the format war, then this has 2 effects, firstly the people wouldnt be to happy if the reason they bought the ps3 was for being a media player system. Secondly piracy also sells consoles, if people arent able to copy blu-ray games they wont buy the Ps3 for 1 game. I dont know how much money you make I hardly doubt the average Joe family in the USA or anywhere can shell out $500-$600 bux for a console then about $60-$80 bux each game thereafter.

Not everyone who likes the PS is a "Sony Fanboy" so theres nothing wrong with mufdvr3669 saying it comes down to the games.... he's actually quite true.

You need to revaluate what you post before you hit confirm. Most of it is rambling nonsense.

Not everyone who likes the PS is a "Sony Fanboy" so theres nothing wrong with mufdvr3669 saying it comes down to the games.... he's actually quite true.

You need to revaluate what you post before you hit confirm. Most of it is rambling nonsense.

As much as i agree with your first sentence, games are what sells a system correct but Hitman2000 comments isnt rambling nonsense at all. Maybe you should read what he said again.

Maybe??? So the Wii has no chance then right??? Boy all those Wii owners having no fun playing their systems that don't stack up to the 360 and PS3. I have actually thrown out my XBox and PS2 because it didn't have the latest and greatest graphics. Cause that's why I got into gaming. IT'S GRAPHICS MAN. </sarcasm>

People who boast that their console is better due to it being more powerful are stupid IMO. Every side.

I never mentioned the Wii, because Wii is not going down the hardware side of things.

Its like we are comparing a ferrari and lamborghini and you throw an ordinary ford in there. Wii will probably be the ultimate winner.

to revaluate what you post before you hit confirm. Most of it is rambling nonsense.

Sony is not gonna have its way this time in the fight, they (mosty Ken) just ignored MS

Read the above paragraph and tell me what part makes no sense. Care to enlighten me Prof. Einstein?

I never mentioned the Wii, because Wii is not going down the hardware side of things.

Its like we are comparing a ferrari and lamborghini and you throw an ordinary ford in there. Wii will probably be the ultimate winner.

Ok, if you want to continue the car analogy here we go.

Ferrari=PS3

Lambo=360

Ford=Wii

Road=games

You spend all day arguing that the Ferrari sucks, lied to you, Lambo is better, faster, better stereo, Ferrari owners are annoying. Blah, blah. You continue arguing your point.

I say who cares what you are driving, just go drive and have fun with what you got. It gets old going into Ferrari forums and reading about how much it sucks posted by Lambo and Ford owners. The road is what makes all those cars fun. Who cares if your car is faster or better than the other guys? Does the fact that your car is better make your experience with your car any better?

Does the fact that Sony lies and their console sucks and is expensive make the 360 or Wii gaming experience any more fun?

Edited by mufdvr3669

Sony is not gonna have its way this time in the fight, they (mosty Ken) just ignored MS

Read the above paragraph and tell me what part makes no sense. Care to enlighten me Prof. Einstein?

It's not that it doesn't make sense (well you do type like a child at times) its just that you seem to know the outcome of things that right now no one knows.

oh my. :no:You have no idea how successful Blu-Ray will be for the console yet. No idea how the consumers will react to it once the PS3 is launched worldwide and theres more Blu-Ray support (larger movie base, games taking advantage of the space). It's early days, have your opinions but don't act like you know for sure. Something you've been doing a lot Hitman.

"firstly the people wouldnt be to happy if the reason they bought the ps3 was for being a media player system."

the % of people who would do that would be very small. it's primarly a gaming console with multimedia capabilities on the backburner.

"Secondly piracy also sells consoles, if people arent able to copy blu-ray games they wont buy the Ps3 for 1 game."

hardly anyone buys a gaming console for one game anyway, regardless of whether or not the system can play copied games. and remember not all of us are pirates either.

"I dont know how much money you make I hardly doubt the average Joe family in the USA or anywhere can shell out $500-$600 bux for a console then about $60-$80 bux each game thereafter."

if the "average joe" wants a PS3 and can't afford it then the "average joe" will save up or wait for deals/discounts/price drops. way life works my friend. very few of us can afford everything we want. i want a new 40-42" HDTV for my gaming but I can't afford it right now. what am i doing? putting a little away out of my salary each month to save up. yes people may be turned away and just completely refuse to pay... but im sure theres still a large amount of people who want a PS3 but can't afford it right away.

revaluate what you post before you hit confirm. Most of it is rambling nonsense.

oh my. :no: what a load of drivel that is.

Edited by Something Corporate

hardly anyone buys a gaming console for one game anyway, regardless of whether or not the system can play copied games. and remember not all of us are pirates either.

Not everone is a pirate, but honestly how many kids out there have u seen own 100+ ORIGINAL copies of games. Most kids buy the console there freinds buy so they can share games etc.. Piracy does sell consoles, thats why lots of people on PS3 forums were getting all excited about linux etc.. they see it as a foot in the door so they can copy games. Yet again I stress the point most teens will rather get a copied game then get there parents to buy games @ 80 bux a pop.Even though they arent likeo hackers or pirates that hate the government/corporations they just want free games. Like the peopel who download free music from the internet, half of them dont know about computers yet they know enough to get on limewire and download theer favourite song to thier ipods.

Thats where my argument basis came about, IF the blu-ray fails as a format then it could spell lots of trouble for reasons mentioned above and below. I think I make some valid points even if you think its nonsense.

I dont know how much money you make I hardly doubt the average Joe family in the USA or anywhere can shell out $500-$600 bux for a console then about $60-$80 bux each game thereafter."

if the "average joe" wants a PS3 and can't afford it then the "average joe" will save up or wait for deals/discounts/price drops. way life works my friend. very few of us can afford everything we want. i want a new 40-42" HDTV for my gaming but I can't afford it right now. what am i doing? putting a little away out of my salary each month to save up.

Some valid points, however you missed a very simple point, Games are on a disc which can be copied, I dont know any 12 year old that can download the instructions for a plasma tv then assemble it at home. Games on DVD means u stick it in your xbox hook it up with a computer some burning programs and 10 minutes later your frind has teh same game, then you can lan your xbox /ps3 together and play.

Dont tell me thats nonsense.

And I never said I know for sure.

What if Hd-dvd wins the format war?

You missed that, "WHAT IF", does that sound liek someone who is talking like they are certain...

Games on DVD means u stick it in your xbox hook it up with a computer some burning programs and 10 minutes later your frind has teh same game, then you can lan your xbox /ps3 together and play.

Dont tell me thats nonsense.

It's nonsense. You can not do that. Simply burn a DVD or Blu-Ray, pop it in, and play? There is enough security measures built into current system to where the majority will not pirate games. Not nearly as easy as playing mp3's.

Yes in the current system, I was giving example of what happned with Ps2 and xbox.

Anyways I think people will figure a way around the security measure they always do..

Assuming they do figure a way to burn stuff etc.. That will probably be a good/ba dthing at the same time.

Good because it will get the people on the fence to probably buy one

Bad because they will lose software revenue/ also they seem to be losing money on the PS3 hardware but I think they will proably introduce cost cutting methods in production in a few months.

Wow we have drifted quite off topic.

Anyways back to the topic the more delays for PS3, the more it will suffer, because mnany game slike GoW are starting to get a strong user base in the market, And Wii is relying on Zelda which is doing quite well.

PS3 need to ship ASAP and get the systems into the european and australian markets before they lose more peopel who turn to the 360 or Wii.

Anything wrong with that statement mufdvr3669 and Something Corporate.

Look, fanboys are people who will stick to something no matter what. Sony could announce the PS4 can't play discs so won't play old PS games, and it would still be the most awesome thing ever, apparently.

Oh, wait, Sony did announce that :p

Yes, the fanboy door always swings both ways.

Anyway back on topic, it still appears to be a March launch. If they were to delay it to September they would be giving the 360 nearly a 2 year lead in some parts of the world, which is not the best idea.

Yes in the current system, I was giving example of what happned with Ps2 and xbox.

Anyways I think people will figure a way around the security measure they always do..

Assuming they do figure a way to burn stuff etc.. That will probably be a good/ba dthing at the same time.

Good because it will get the people on the fence to probably buy one

Bad because they will lose software revenue/ also they seem to be losing money on the PS3 hardware but I think they will proably introduce cost cutting methods in production in a few months.

Wow we have drifted quite off topic.

Anyways back to the topic the more delays for PS3, the more it will suffer, because mnany game slike GoW are starting to get a strong user base in the market, And Wii is relying on Zelda which is doing quite well.

PS3 need to ship ASAP and get the systems into the european and australian markets before they lose more peopel who turn to the 360 or Wii.

Anything wrong with that statement mufdvr3669 and Something Corporate.

All this piracy talk applies to every one of the consoles, lets get that straight first of all. Piracy on any system will boost sales by a certain %. It's not going to be the case between selling 6M consoles and 10M. As stated before If people enjoy the games line on a console they will buy it anyway. Piracy always tends to roll out a good half a year to a year into a consoles life span at least. Sometimes longer.... The first generation of chips aren't always the best either.

Out of all my friends who own a PS2 (thats a lot... I think just about everyone I know has a PS2 in their household. Probably thanks to us mad british and our Pro Evo) two people have it chipped, me and one of my mates :shiftyninja: Done by myself with one of those clip on mod chips. I only chipped it about 4-5 months ago? and I've had my PS2 for 4 or 5 years. Where I live anyway PS2 chippin hasn't been as rampant as the PS1 chippin. Hows that compare with anyone elses findings?

I bought my PS2 as I knew I'd enjoy the games, the chippin of the console came a lot longer down the line.

PS3 need to ship ASAP and get the systems into the european and australian markets

Probably the most sensible thing you have said. I agree with that and from what It seems everything is all green for a March launch in Europe.

Oh and nice new sig by the way :sleep:

Some of my die-hard psx fanboys friends are already crossing over to Nintendo... I guess some of them will buy the ps3 anyway when it comes out. But a few weeks ago they were like "nintendo is for kids" and now they are like "how did I not pre-order a wii?"

I'll just wait till one of them buys a wii and I'll try it myself :D

I'll also consider buying the PS3 if it is ever released in europe :p But only for 'HD' reasons

Many of my friends are buying a Wii to play around with until they can get their hands on a PS3. It's cheap and very accessible. ;)