Return To Windows 95, Xp Sucks.

right, I really don't see how the statement that you are using windows ME lends any credibility to your initial argument.

If you are going to dual boot any 9x based OS with XP, go for Win98SE.

For me switching from XP to windows 95 would be like going from Jag to OS9 *shudder*, yes it might be faster but jag is a much more enjoyable computing experience.

I would never use 98se. It is the Sh*t Edition. I have and use Me cause it came with my computer, is a current operating system, and clearly out performs 98se in memory management, support, etc.. Granted Me will BOSD if NOT PROPERLY OPERATED. If you can't get Me to perform at it's best, then don't use it. Stick with 98se or win 3.1.

My using Me was not part of any "argument". Simply that I am saying I do not think 95 is better than XP. Only an idiot would think that I was actually making an argument at all.

Obviously no one realizes any concepts of advertising.

Actually, Windows ME has more memory leaks than swiss cheese has holes and has more memory leaks than Windows 98/98Se did. Windows ME is not more supported than Windows 98. Actually it is the other way around. In alot of cases you have to use a Win9x driver for hardware that was written with Windows 98 in mind. You don't see nearly as many drivers that were optimized and written for Windows ME as you see drivers for Windows 98SE. Most Win9x apps and games were written with Windows 98 in mind(they run better aned more efficiently inWindows 98 than they do in ME). Nonetheless, the Windows ME supported life cycle is going to end around the same time that Windows 98's supported life cycle so arguing about Win9x support is pointless. All of the future support is going to Win2K, WinXP, Longhorn and other modern NT incarnations. MS realized how bad Win9x really was so they are going to kill it rather than continue to support it.

Windows Me
memory management

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. I can't even listen to Winamp for more than two hours on Me, because of the memory leaks Winamp started to stutter and I had te reboot.

Windows 2000 forever. :p

Windows Me
memory management
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. I can't even listen to Winamp for more than two hours on Me, because of the memory leaks Winamp started to stutter and I had te reboot.

Windows 2000 forever. :p

individual experieces will be different. I make Windows Me run smoothly, flawlessly, and better than 98se. Memory leaks?? Yes that is a problem in Me, yet one can do well if the proper steps are taken.

i love it, but i hate the taste

foo fighters rock, went to see them at wembley last week, awesome show.

Just incase you lot think im a schitzo, im not, that line is from All My Life ;p

C'mon...Tought this was serious...You can not cherrish and old os. You can also think of using windows 2.0 !!! Despite it is Microsoft, XP is the most stable OS since NT 4.0. Windows 95 was great over windows 3.11, but can't compare to windows XP, and don't even tell me of windows ME. I think Windows ME was an "interim" version so that MS make more money. Can't wait for the next version of Windows. :0) :rolleyes:

C'mon...Tought this was serious...You can not cherrish and old os. You can also think of using windows 2.0 !!! Despite it is Microsoft, XP is the most stable OS since NT 4.0. Windows 95 was great over windows 3.11, but can't compare to windows XP, and don't even tell me of windows ME. I think Windows ME was an "interim" version so that MS make more money. Can't wait for the next version of Windows. :0) :rolleyes:

Windows XP isnt exactly the most stable operating system since NT 4.0

I have had alot less problems with Windows 2000 Professional than I did Windows XP, Windows 2000 seems to have better memory management, doesn't crash as much, and doesn't carry mega-resource requirements.. Besides, its about $100-$150 cheaper..

If you had to get Windows XP, go with it.

If your looking for a good, stable Windows release, give Windows 2000 a try. If it don't work, try XP.

Thats my rant for tonite :laugh:

95 better than xp,

is this the twilight zone or something...lol

let go of the old and embrace the new and IMPROVED

now i like 98se alot, i place it second to xp followed by win2k, but 95! that had more bugs than a fly zapper.

What are the real advatages of using XP over 95?

Hmmm usb support, firewire support, actually being able to use an agp vid card, being able to use more than 512 Megs of ram, being able to use hard drives that arent chooped up into 2 gig partitions...need i go on?

What are the real advatages of using XP over 95?

Maybe the fact that it can produce images with more than 16 colors. I think your stupidity has got you nowhere Longhorn. You've said you would use a certain OS but not the other one because the third one sucks and the first one is bad too but the second one is good for only some things. :huh: :huh: :blink: Make up you're damn mind.

Hey thats true, XP sucks hardcore. And today, I threw out my poopty 80 gig hard drive, cause I got this sweet 4.3 gig I found in the garbage. And its even has bad sectors on it! Hehehe... stupid 80 gig....

Hey thats true, XP sucks hardcore. And today, I threw out my poopty 80 gig hard drive, cause I got this sweet 4.3 gig I found in the garbage. And its even has bad sectors on it! Hehehe... stupid 80 gig....

lmao :laugh:

Hmm...

I have both! :)

I've got my old 95 PC up, for the old DOS games that can't run on XP.

And I've used Partition Magic to dual-boot 98SE and XP Home (not that I use them in that order! ;) )

Its great to have all three! :D

LoL :laugh:

in my opinion 95, XP and 2000 are the only operating systems worth considering all others are tripe

Why do you think 95 is good?

angel blue,

Good for you. I used to tri-boot. now I quad boot. XPpro,Me,JMe,Longhorn I like it.

Good for you. I used to tri-boot. now I quad boot. XPpro,Me,JMe,Longhorn I like it.

why don't you add xp home, win2k, win98, win95 to your bootlist and make a... mm.. 'octa-boot'? :blink: