Return To Windows 95, Xp Sucks.

Good for you. I used to tri-boot. now I quad boot. XPpro,Me,JMe,Longhorn  I like it.

why don't you add xp home, win2k, win98, win95 to your bootlist and make a... mm.. 'octa-boot'? :blink:

Thanks aaron, you are a PAL. I didn't think of that....Now where can I get 95, 98, linux, 2K,XP home and whatever the hell else I like.

If you like those OSes that much buy a copy and format your drive so you can install 'em. Otherwise make a decent thread pleaze.

sounds familiar huh? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What are the real advatages of using XP over 95?

Hmmm usb support, firewire support, actually being able to use an agp vid card, being able to use more than 512 Megs of ram, being able to use hard drives that arent chooped up into 2 gig partitions...need i go on?

win 95 had fat32 ie ( more than 2 gig partitions) , usb support and could support more than 512 mb of ram.

and probly agp support if the 98 drivers will install on 95

please learn what you talk about before you spout off !

If you like those OSes that much buy a copy and format your drive so you can install 'em. Otherwise make a decent thread pleaze.

sounds familiar huh? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You got me on that one. :) I really don't mean any insult.

You know I really don't care for 95. I think I had a copy somewhere, probably through it out though. I do have 98se, the last time I installed it, it didn't have driver support for my devices. It was more buggy than Longhorn. I will not use Linux, no reason to. I am not going to install 2K, I have XP. Unless someone knows of an advatage to 2K over XP.

My computer came with Me installed. So the driver Support has been very good. XP pro runs fantastic. Both actually do very well on my computer. I just like to mess with Longhorn. Currently trying to get the Media Center to work.

Thanks werejag.

Hmmm usb support, firewire support, actually being able to use an agp vid card, being able to use more than 512 Megs of ram, being able to use hard drives that arent chooped up into 2 gig partitions...need i go on?

win 95 had fat32 ie ( more than 2 gig partitions) , usb support and could support more than 512 mb of ram.

The original out of the box 95 support none of those. So i think you should follow your own damn advice

The original out of the box 95 support none of those. So i think you should follow your own damn advice

As you correctly point out, THE ORIGINAL OUT OF THE BOX. But guess what, different versions were made and sold and warezed (hem) that meet the description. Much like how there are different versions of 98 and Me. You should be the one to follow your own advice.

As you correctly point out, THE ORIGINAL OUT OF THE BOX. But guess what, different versions were made and sold and warezed (hem) that meet the description. Much like how there are different versions of 98 and Me. You should be the one to follow your own advice.

The original versions of Windows 95, build 950, and build 950A (Windows 95 with Service Pack 1), and 950B, do not support full AGP functionality. AGP display adapters will still function in these versions but only in the same manner as a PCI based display adapter.

AGP Support was first added by Microsoft to the 950B (a.k.a. OSR2 version 1111) release by way of a USB SUPPLEMENT. Build 950B can be updated to support AGP display adapters by applying the USB SUPPLEMENT to OSR2. The USB SUPPLEMENT (USBSUPP.EXE) was initially made available by MICROSOFT through their OEM's.

Windows 95 version 950 and 950A can not be updated to support AGP products. Windows 95 950B is required as minimum starting point.

....Yes 95 is grand :rolleyes:

95c did support most if not all of the requirments.

so as i said before! learn about what you are talking about and speak from knowledge not ignorance.

I can't believe people right now are arguing the virtues of win 95. What's next, Windows 3.1? Or maybe.. Microsoft Bob, lmao.

M$ Bob Was cool, Searchdogs granddaddy was in it.

I managed to get a copy 3 years ago for $1 at a used bookshop

NEWS ALERT :woot:

IT WAS FOUND TODAY THAT AFTER YEARS OF WORKING ON FURTHERING THE NT KERNAL TYPE OS, MICROSOFT HAS REALIZED THAT THE OVERALL STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE ON TODAY'S HARDWARE IS BETTER SERVED WITH WINDOWS 95. IN 2004 MICROSOFT WILL RELEASE THE NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS WITH ALL THE CURRENT FEATURES PLUS NEW FEATURES, ALL IN A REMAKE OF WINDOWS 95!

LONGHORN ALPHA WAS THE EVIDENCE MICROSOFT NEEDED TO CONVINCE THEM TO GO BACK AND START FROM SCRATCH. THIS LEAD THEM TO WINDOWS 95. RECENT TESTS HAVE PROVED 95 CAN FUCTION FAR BETTER THAN ANYOTHER OS.

"IT WILL HAVE THE LOOK AND FEEL OF WINDOWS XP, BUT WILL BE BASICALLY WINDOWS 95 UPGRADED. THIS IS HOW IT WILL BE RADICALLY DIFFERENT AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED (by Microsoft)" (QUOTED FROM AN UNCONFIRMED SOURCE AT MICROSOFT DEVELOPMENT CORP).

Windows 95 is back! Better than ever! So be ready 2004.

Preceeding information was obtained from an undisclosed source. I cannot be held responsible for it's validity. :no:

let me put it this way, win 95, fast--- made for comps 7 years ago, win 98 carahes -- because its gay Win ME crashes -- becasuse its gay, win nt 4.0 - made for comps before 3.1 was made, if you go any thing got win 2000 or xp, because they da best, remember win 9x is just a big dos program trying to emulate win nt win nt is not, it is the real deal :D :happy:

IT WAS FOUND TODAY THAT AFTER YEARS OF WORKING ON FURTHERING THE NT KERNAL TYPE OS, MICROSOFT HAS REALIZED THAT THE OVERALL STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE ON TODAY'S HARDWARE IS BETTER SERVED WITH WINDOWS 95. IN 2004 MICROSOFT WILL RELEASE THE NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS WITH ALL THE CURRENT FEATURES PLUS NEW FEATURES, ALL IN A REMAKE OF WINDOWS 95!

LONGHORN ALPHA WAS THE EVIDENCE MICROSOFT NEEDED TO CONVINCE THEM TO GO BACK AND START FROM SCRATCH. THIS LEAD THEM TO WINDOWS 95. RECENT TESTS HAVE PROVED 95 CAN FUCTION FAR BETTER THAN ANYOTHER OS.

"IT WILL HAVE THE LOOK AND FEEL OF WINDOWS XP, BUT WILL BE BASICALLY WINDOWS 95 UPGRADED. THIS IS HOW IT WILL BE RADICALLY DIFFERENT AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED (by Microsoft)" (QUOTED FROM AN UNCONFIRMED SOURCE AT MICROSOFT DEVELOPMENT CORP).

Preceeding information was obtained from an undisclosed source. I cannot be held responsible for it's validity. :no:

undisclosed source???

validity???

do u ever shut up???

jeez u prob wrote that

just stop with ur bs threads

god!

:angry:

undisclosed source???

validity???

do u ever shut up???

jeez u prob wrote that

god!

his source is probably the onion :happy:

undisclosed source???

validity???

do u ever shut up???

jeez u prob wrote that

god!

If you don't like it or agree with it. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT. SO you shut the hell up. Stop reading my threads.

undisclosed source???

validity???

do u ever shut up???

jeez u prob wrote that

god!

If you don't like it or agree with it. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT. SO you shut the hell up. Stop reading my threads.

i would stop reading ur threads but

you make sooo many crap threads that they take up

the whole recent posts section

ur a blatant fool

just stop

and how old r u anyways????

god :angry:

You make lousy excuses to insult me. Your comments are pointless. I WILL NOT STOP. So do us both a favor, if you don't like it don't read it. and no you recognize the thread don't read it.

I hope you do get some anger management. Have a good day. Did I mention don't read it?