PC World Calls PS3 a mistake

Dont worry - Ive already killed myself by the time you make it here.

Sony promised 100% BC - WHICH THEY DID NOT DELIVER - SONY SUCKS BALLS

We know that

Microsoft didnt promise anything and added BC as a bonus - YAY WE LUV MS!! - THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS WEE WEE WEEEEE

Thats great

But the PS3 is still more compatible with the previous-generations than X360 is with XBOX.

DO YOU GET IT? ITS QUITE SIMPLE

No one is denying the fact that the PS3 is more compatible so why are you shoving it down peoples throat?

Yeah, it's quite simple. You're going off topic.

Very true, the arguament isnt if PS3 is more compatible, it is more or what was promised and what was delivered.

Jeez oh all this bickering over BC.

How about everyone out there who DOESNT own a PS3 and DOESNT actually need to worry about BC chill out.

Leave any issues with it for people trying to play PS2 games on their PS3 to vent about.

It's like a bunch of school children in here :laugh:

I'd like to know where the article was from. Nintendo stealing the march was definetly a good point to look at. Also as someone mentioned earlier, the bad press hasn't stopped, too many opportunities were missed and they could have taken advantage of them. If more people have HDTV's (which is what is needed for good playback on the console) then the PS3 demand would go up. It's amazing nearly or exactly ten years a go they kicked Nintendo, crushed Sega (I heard they were doing a comeback, is this true?), and installed themselves as the best. Ten years later, their bonds are AA not AAA rated and they mess what could have been a good PS3. Unquestionably they messed up, but can they recover from it (if not what will happen), that is the question?

I stopped reading PCWorld long time ago.

Over the years I have seen a lot of biased reporting in both Ziff Davis & IDG websites.

I have sent several emails to Zeff Davis' magazine editors/reporters pointing out their incorrect reports but they never correct it or acknowledge their mistake. :pinch:

Well it's good that you're exercising your rights to read whatever you want to read, but, let me ask you this question, did you really expect that Zeff Davis will REALLY make corrections over mistakes because of one person's email???

It is too bad that Sony is having so many problems with the PS3 release. Hopefully it will be worked out after a few updates.

As for backwards compatibility: meh..i don't think very many people really care about backwards compatibility. It may seem like a big feature at first, if you have a lot of PS2 games for instance. But if you do have a collection of PS2 games, chances are you have a PS2. Anyway, how many of you who currently have PS2's play a bunch of PS1 games on it? After the PS3 matures in the market and has a decent game selection people won't care as much about backwards compatibility, although it will be cool if they get all the glitches worked out.

The price, more then anything, is what is killing the PS3 currently.

It is too bad that Sony is having so many problems with the PS3 release. Hopefully it will be worked out after a few updates.

As for backwards compatibility: meh..i don't think very many people really care about backwards compatibility. It may seem like a big feature at first, if you have a lot of PS2 games for instance. But if you do have a collection of PS2 games, chances are you have a PS2. Anyway, how many of you who currently have PS2's play a bunch of PS1 games on it? After the PS3 matures in the market and has a decent game selection people won't care as much about backwards compatibility, although it will be cool if they get all the glitches worked out.

The price, more then anything, is what is killing the PS3 currently.

Good point.

Lol are you and Huleboeren brothers? It seems like you both lack common sence.

In his post he says he enjoys his 360, and that the PS3 is compatible with more games.

You said get an XBox, that's what you did.

It'd be the same as me saying that I don't like the PS3 controller and like the 360 controller, then you telling me to go get a 360. What if I don't want to play any 360 games? Great advice. :|

I guess if you think that your reply makes sense then I don't want any of the common sense that you posess. Nothing was said about him wanting to play older XBox games not compatible with the 360. :yes:

Edited by mufdvr3669

People aren't arguing about that, Its true that there are way more games compatible with the ps3 than the 360.

What people are arguing about is that not every game works when that was promised and the fact that the games look terrible compared to native ps2. I'm sure this can be fixed with updates however.

The 360 does on the other hand at least upscale the games to 1080i and adds some AA/AF so they look better on the 360 than the first Xbox.

For me the biggest failure of the PS3 is Sonys retarded choice to include a blu-ray player in the base console. It adds a feature that most gamers don't give a damn about and bumps the price up for both sony AND gamers. Hurray for them. Sony's own formats have a habit of failing miserably and doing this seems a bit despriate.

MS have done it the right way imo. If you want HD-DVD then you can pay for the upgrade, Don't want it? Cool don't pay for it. Who the hell cares if you have to change a DVD once or twice during a game.

HD/blueray should have been left for the next generation of consoles.

agree. blu ray was the bad idea.

price and lack of consoles, that is hurting the PS3 and the blu ray drive is the big thing(cell helped with that too)

What's a bigger tragedy?

1) Not being able to play every PS2 game on the PS3

or

2) People being charged $$$ to get their 360 fixed after a firmware upgrade supplied by Microsoft bricked the console?

At the end of the day, backwards compatibility is such a small part of reasoning to get a console. I'm not sure if there any stats, but what % of games do work? 70? 80? Oh no, 20-30% don't work, not the end of the world folks. The vast majority of people buy a new console to buy new games, shocking huh? So, this slight problem isn't as big as the majority of people in this thread claim.

wrong wrong wrong wrong... wrong wrong wrong wrong

dude no one had a problem getting their 360's fixed, your taking sony's customer service problem and putting that in exchange with Microsoft's name.

That's a bigger trajedy...

wrong wrong wrong wrong... wrong wrong wrong wrong

dude no one had a problem getting their 360's fixed, your taking sony's customer service problem and putting that in exchange with Microsoft's name.

http://forums.xbox.com/1/7864073/ShowPost.aspx#7864073

Dude, there are plenty of complaints in this thread about MS charging to fix their system after bricking their console with the fall update. :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Attention: Fanboys in mirror are closer to there consoles then appear

easy guys, it's just an article about PS3.. there will always be people supporting and bashing something. Each company, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony all rushed there consoles. OMFGWTFBBQ NO THEY DIDN'T! actually yes they all did. Microsoft with the overheating issue.. lack of cooling and bad air flow.

Nintendo with the cheap wrist support, and the lack of putting a DVD player inside the Wii.

and Sony.. do i need to say it? The fact you only shipped 200,000 consoles world wide, and shut out europe.

All i can say is, if no one has learned from critics bashing the Xbox360, then you'll never learn. Everyone got hyped over it, a few bad consoles, people starting saying 60% of the consoles are defective, and it overheats.. now look, people praise the thing.

Nintendo Wii was bashed for it's name, and it's revolutionary controller idea, and lack of graphics.. but look, it's sold 2million already (Y)(Y) and out-doing the Wii

And Sony.. Your just starting earily, and people will bash to get there articles across the internet so there site gets more hits on people getting upset over there console getting hammered, and check out the site.

Sit back and wait for the winner, and see what happens.

Just like the LCD / Plasma TV war, and the HD-DVD / Blu-ray war...

Attention: Fanboys in mirror are closer to there consoles then appear

Actually, it should read :

"Attention: Fanboys in mirror are closer to their consoles than they appear."

:p :)

Trong: Already corrected, too slow ;)

"Attention: Fanboys in mirror are closer to there consoles than they appear"

"Attention: Fanboys in mirror are closer to their consoles than they appear"

http://forums.xbox.com/1/7864073/ShowPost.aspx#7864073

Dude, there are plenty of complaints in this thread about MS charging to fix their system after bricking their console with the fall update. :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Dude, please. :rolleyes: You must be kidding if you really believe that the thread you quoted is full of people complaining about their console. Please, use your brain. If you even cared to read two or three of the pages you would see they are mainly discussing the problem, people replying more than once, etc.

And if that's Huloboeren GT, well... that's some bull**** when he comes to the thread talking about Gears of War "boring him" or other games "not delivering" . Maybe that's not his GT since I've even see him ranting about Xbox Live.

<snip>

Mine will arrive either after christmas or january, and i have no idea why my rep is 3/5, its probs the default rep. Thought id put my gamertag up as im getting a 360 very soon.

I'm sure it will turn gold when you get your 360, right? ;)

http://www.thisiswaiting.com/x5.jpg --> :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p :shifty: :whistle:

j/k :happy: :yes:

ouch.

<snip>

your taking sony's customer service problem and putting that in exchange with Microsoft's name.

I've had excellent experience with MS customer support, and for everything Sony too. But I have to say that MS wins hands down here to, although Sonys IMO wasn't bad. (no exp. w/ ps3 though).

PC World saying this is a big deal, lots of people read this. And TIME said similar, uh-ohs. :unsure:

I think you mean, "exorbitant". Exuberant means joyously unrestrained. :laugh:

Yeah that one :blush: thx for correcting me :p