Rapidshare is dead... Let's switch!

A while ago rapidshare.de stopped users from uploading their own files for hosting. From january six you won't be able to upload anything anymore if you don't have a Rapidshare premium account.

If you used rapidshare.de you will probably use www.rapidshare.com. You can also use the provider i talk about below.

One of the best is www.fileho.com!

File-Ho! offers an unlimited-download service without server-side limited speeds. You can upload files of an unlimited size and you can download as much as you want.

Lots of users used rapidshare, because it's ease of use, and especially because it was very very fast.

The speed of File-Ho! isn't that fast as rapidshare's, but there's a simple solution for that:

Many were irritated by the fact that rapidshare didn't allow you to use DownloadManagers. File-Ho! does allow them! This means that you can download files with almost your maximum connection speed.

UPDATE: It seems that rapidshare.com is working, but on

www.rapidshare.de this text is placed:

Unfortunately all drives of RapidShare.de are full right now. In the future, RapidShare.de's direction will point even more to conventional webhosting. This means that uploads will be possible again very soon, but only premium users with a paid account will be able to upload their files. Due to this changes, the premium-points feature has been cancelled completely. We have applied an account extension to every customer with collected points. We have also given thoughts to premium customers with less than 10000 points. Accounts with 5000 points for example have been extended for 15 days.

Uploads will be possible again for our customers on 6.1.2007 approximately.

Since they are both managed by rapidshare.de i guess the same will be happening to rapidshare.com very shortly.

Edited by Ambroos

Am I the only one seeing Rapidshare.com working perfectly with no error messages or anything?

And if this site can't manage full download speeds w/o the use of download managers now, how on earth is it going to cope if all those rapidshare users migrate?

No, i do not work for any of those companies (i'm 14 years old you know...)

YouSendIt and xdrive are both good alternatives, but none of them offers you unlimited upload, one-year before deletion and unlimited download.

Anyway, i'm just giving a suggestion you know, you can use any of them but i just said that fileho is one of the best for big files and download managers.

Rapidshare.com works perfectly fine;

I have a premium account and it works fine, and even when I logged out I could still upload.

So I don't know what you are talking about :no:

http://www.rapidshare.com/ works just fine.

As for rapidshare.de,

Unfortunately all drives of RapidShare.de are full right now. In the future, RapidShare.de's direction will point even more to conventional webhosting. This means that uploads will be possible again very soon, but only premium users with a paid account will be able to upload their files. Due to this changes, the premium-points feature has been cancelled completely. We have applied an account extension to every customer with collected points. We have also given thoughts to premium customers with less than 10000 points. Accounts with 5000 points for example have been extended for 15 days.

Uploads will be possible again for our customers on 6.1.2007 approximately.

I have a premium account and it works fine, and even when I logged out I could still upload.

he talks about rapidshare.de.

Maybe he doesn't know that rapidshare.com exists :D

.de is closed to new uploads, not .com

Hmm... If any mod sees this can he please delete this thread, i made a mistake and i don't know if it makes any sense anymore now.

sorry i wasted some of your time...

I found a great one earlier...its Div Share just love the fact its unlimited files and unlimited uploading...Rapidshare going well its been a long time coming imo :)

Do you know if there are wait times or a download limit on that? I can't find any info.

Anyone know if Rapidshare are still giving away free premium accounts?

Nope.

Do you know if there are wait times or a download limit on that? I can't find any info.

Nope.

I'm not sure I only just found it today so havent tested it for files yet....I uploaded a picture and I didnt have to wait for that :)

Here I collected a few quality free file hosting services:

http://winaddons.com/best-free-file-hosting/

If you know any other *good* (this means they don't delete your files in 7 days and the speed is good, and not ads overloaded ), please feel free to drop a message :yes:

GigaSize is basically dead too :whistle:

Dont know if you want to put Divshare.com up there its only been going since 25th December but it seems cool :)