O'Hare Airline workers say they saw a UFO

CHICAGO - Federal officials say it was probably just some weird weather phenomenon, but a group of United Airlines employees swear they saw a mysterious, saucer-shaped craft hovering over O'Hare Airport last fall.

The workers, some of them pilots, said the object didn't have lights and hovered over an airport terminal before shooting up through the clouds, according to a report in Monday's Chicago Tribune.

The Federal Aviation Administration acknowledged that a United supervisor had called the control tower at O'Hare, asking if anyone had spotted a spinning disc-shaped object. But the controllers didn't see anything, and a preliminary check of radar found nothing out of the ordinary, FAA spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.

"Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon," Cory said. "That night was a perfect atmospheric condition in terms of low (cloud) ceiling and a lot of airport lights. When the lights shine up into the clouds, sometimes you can see funny things."

The FAA is not investigating, Cory said.

United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy said company officials don't recall discussing any such incident from Nov. 7.

At least one O'Hare controller, union official Craig Burzych, was amused by it all.

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," he said. :huh:

source

I love how the governments of this world automatically pass off all UFO spotters as loonies. Its downright hilarious.

Yeah Pure Madness :laugh:

:laugh: 7 million light years is a bit extreme. They were probably just picking up a friend.

But I welcome the friendly Aliens.

7 million light years isn't really all that extreme when you consider that the closes galaxy to us (andromeda) is 2.5 million light years away.

Nice story. Loved the last line.

-Spenser

Thread Moved

Unsubstantiated claims of UFO sightings? Check

Topic starter steering conversation towards aliens? Check

Thread moved to area 51? Check

:rolleyes: ^ This was posted in Nerd Free News, because it was being reported by all the mainstream Press, and was a sighting by multiple, reliable witnesses, including pilots.

If a murder was witnessed by 10 people, it would NOT be considered 'Unsubstantiated'.

Not all UFO stories are automatically Area 51 material.

Some of us bother to use logic.

:rolleyes: ^ This was posted in Nerd Free News, because it was being reported by all the mainstream Press, and was a sighting by multiple, reliable witnesses, including pilots.

If a murder was witnessed by 10 people, it would NOT be considered 'Unsubstantiated'.

(Y)

Yes they are, it can be posted in RWI when there is some actual real evidence that it happened.

And no, "i saw a light, it was aliens wanting to abduct me!" is not evidence.

And it could be argued that something like WeeklyWorldNews is mainstream, but still no stories about BatBoy in RWI

I believe them on this one. They seem to be credible witness. Don't seem like a group of people who would get together & lie about a story just for their 15 minutes. And from the story told, it didn't seem like they were looking at it from a far distance & mistaken it for a UFO.

S*** man. How come I never get to see one.

If they saw an unidentified flying object, then how did they identify the flying object as unidentified flying object?

sorry, I am sleepy :sleep:

Please provide evidence to give credence that gives UFO's the ability to traverse the vast interstellar distances and also the ability to overcome the difficulties in space travel. Till then it's Area51.

UFO's are just that... Unidentified flying objects....that could be a cat being flung across the yard... so lets not assume all UFOs are alien.

There are many natural causes for UFOs.

Please provide evidence to give credence that gives UFO's the ability to traverse the vast interstellar distances and also the ability to overcome the difficulties in space travel. Till then it's Area51.

Everything is possible until otherwise prowed. Where would we be if science would discard everything new as 'not possible'.

Everyone who has seen that Alien Autopsy video, compare that to the Saddam hanging video. Both should be put in Area 51, you can't really believe either of those are true if you haven't seen it yourself.

Everything is possible until otherwise prowed. Where would we be if science would discard everything new as 'not possible'.

Everyone who has seen that Alien Autopsy video, compare that to the Saddam hanging video. Both should be put in Area 51, you can't really believe either of those are true if you haven't seen it yourself.

I'm not saying it's impossible, perhaps you're not familiar with Relativity. What i'm stating is that there is a lack of evidence, stating such a truth as an absolute fact, like Hum has done in that post of his that i quoted is not able to hold any water. Space is harsh, cold, dangerous and big. The difficulties in traversing the distances is overwhelming. There isn't any evidence to suggest that! Just because we don't know what the object(s) is/are doesn't mean that they are alien life who've been able to overcome said difficulties in order to make themselves known to us, and if they do exist and this is what they are attempting, why are the images always blurred, surely they'd be a bit more reliable in their methods of makings them selves detected or seen. No i will always remain a skeptic to such stories.

How about this, everything is impossible until proved otherwise.

You think Anti-Gravity is real?, prove it, it's not up to us to disprove your idea, it's up to you to prove it.

And as such, it's up to you to prove aliens are visiting the earth and annoying people, it's not up to us to disprove it.

I'm not saying it's impossible, perhaps you're not familiar with Relativity. What i'm stating is that there is a lack of evidence, stating such a truth as an absolute fact, like Hum has done in that post of his that i quoted is not able to hold any water. Space is harsh, cold, dangerous and big. The difficulties in traversing the distances is overwhelming. There isn't any evidence to suggest that! Just because we don't know what the object(s) is/are doesn't mean that they are alien life who've been able to overcome said difficulties in order to make themselves known to us, and if they do exist and this is what they are attempting, why are the images always blurred, surely they'd be a bit more reliable in their methods of makings them selves detected or seen. No i will always remain a skeptic to such stories.

Why does everyone think they have to travel through the traditional way. Why not shortcuts like wormholes. I'm not saying it's possible, but we don't know if it isn't. There are many unknowns in this universe.

We *think* wormholes are possible (in theory), but the energy required to create one would be immense.

By our standards yes. But what if a civilization that's been around for millions of years. Wouldn't they have the technology & brains to pull such things off? Don't discount anything that is impossible according to us.