Playstation 2 on a Samsung DLP

Has anyone tried this TV with a PS3? I have heard about the scaler issues and I really don't want to dish out all that money if its going to downscale it to 480p.

The Tv itself supports 1080i as far as I can tell, but it is native 720p...

Thanks for the help in advance!

Has anyone tried this TV with a PS3? I have heard about the scaler issues and I really don't want to dish out all that money if its going to downscale it to 480p.

The Tv itself supports 1080i as far as I can tell, but it is native 720p...

Thanks for the help in advance!

If your TV supports 720p, there is no problem.

If your TV supports 720p, there is no problem.

From what I have heard the blueray playback requires 1080i, this tv supposedly supports it but that can of course be all marketing with some cheap upscaler installed that does nothing.

Also stated by Sony recently, all games will start being developed in 1080i to bypass the problems people with 480p/1080i tv's were having.

So effectively 720p and the ps3 are no longer friends =)

• 2 weeks later...

I was just searching the web to find an answer to my problem and came across this thread. I bought the Samsung HL-S4266W and hooked up my PS2 to it, and 1080i does work on the second component in on Gran Turismo 4 (My XBOX360 is plugged into the first component and is set to 1080i as well). I'm using a store bought factory pressed GT4 disc in a modded system, so what caused my problem was that I had a boot manager installed on one of the memory cards and it was causing GT4 to only run at 480p at most. So all I had to do was simply pull out the memory card and it worked fine when setting the video mode to 1080i. I should be able to run the game in 1080i after deleting the boot manager for my crystal chip off of the memory card as well.

So, in short, the current model of Samsung HL-4266W DLP does run GT4 fine at 1080i.

Samsung will also release a new model of the 42" DLP in March of 2007 under a different product number.