Xbox 360 v2 : Codename Zephyr

xbox_zephyr.jpg

Ever wonder why Microsoft hasn't released an HDMI cable for the Xbox 360, or whether the AV port was really capable of digital out? Well, here's your answer: we landed pictures of what appears to be the second Xbox 360 -- the Xbox 360 v2, if you will -- codenamed Zephyr. (The original Xbox 360, if you recall, was codenamed Xenon.) The long rumored about and awaited update to the console won't just feature a new, cooler 65nm processor, it's also finally added an HDMI port for full digital 1080p pleasure, as well as a 120GB drive, just what the doctor ordered. The 120GB drive may or may not come bundled with the kit, we don't yet know, just as we also don't yet know how much a Zephyr 360 is going to run (we imagine it'll go for the same price as currently so they can keep up a little on their expanding margin). But our very kind Xbox insider seemed happy to let us know we'd be able to get them "soon."

Source - Engadget.com

great, hope MS would offer some type of trade up for us folks that already own a 360. I don't feel like shelling out another couple of hundred bucks for v2.

Get ready for the backlash of about 7 million people who bought the original!

You mean 9 million +

I wish they come out with some offer where paying 100$ or more can fetch you the new one and the old one gets exchanged.

Its kind of sad because not only the old xbox360 produces a lot of heat but doesnt even have an HDMI port.

I am 100% sure that the 120GB HDD wont be bundled, this will just shoot the price of the xbox360. A bigger hdd was very much expected because the existing one is not enough to leech content, especially when these days TV and Movies stuff can also be downloaded easily from Xbox Live service.

I call BS. If this is true MS will have to do so in a way so that other users can access HDMI or they are going to have a very unhappy 10+ million user base. For this reason alone I don't believe it.

And why does their photo have to be "taken" in the dark too?

120GB Hard drive as well, somehow I can't believe this???

I don't think the 120GB drive will come bundled with the new version....probably it'll be released around the same time but as Prince17 said, it will shoot the price of the premium package. I hope it comes with a quieter DVD drive too...

Oh stop complaining!

Technology moves on!

Microsoft need to do something to update the 360 now the ps3 is nearly out properly, do remember the 360 has been out a year or so now.

How many of you would have complained if they put a hdmi port in the console on realese and added a extra $100 to the price tag?

Somethings just cant be fixed with a firmware update, just think about the amount of problems that will have been fixed.

Improvment is good, not bad!

If they do this, I might be forced to kill someone. Wait wait, or "break" my current 360 and get it replaced under warranty at the local store where I bought it from. But no doubt, when it is released, they will "merge" it with existing lines, so it will be lucky dip to which one you get.

Aaaaaaand this is why I waited! :D

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft released this at the same time as an HDMI cable and a 120GB HDD.