Xbox 360 v2 : Codename Zephyr

Get ready for the backlash of about 7 million people who bought the original!

The same kinda backlash as those who bought the original DS vs the newer DS lite. Or the PS2 vs the PStwo

It is just a new revision of the console, those who were early adopters must have known this could happen. Still they shouldn't be mad anyways, their original xbox 360 will still play the same games.

I can't wait for a new xbox 360, to compliment my new HDTV a little better with HDMI. I'll just demote my original 360 to another tv

I hope the new version also comes in black

The same kinda backlash as those who bought the original DS vs the newer DS lite. Or the PS2 vs the PStwo

It is just a new revision of the console, those who were early adopters must have known this could happen. Still they shouldn't be mad anyways, their original xbox 360 will still play the same games.

Did the DSLite or the PStwo add any additional functionality that their original counterparts weren't capable of?

QFT.

Exactly what backlash are we going to expect? Over a billion angry 360 owners making threats to Billy boy on forums worldwide?

pfft how funny.

So what if MS releases a brand new 360, what to do? Buy a Ps3 and lose more money? :whistle:

Looks like someone touched a Meshuggah nerve. :p :laugh:

not really, it's just this forum is full of people complaining 24/7/365 now and that's all it ever seems to be now. It gets old after a while. I come to these forums to see tech news or post tech news and it usually just always becomes something completely different now.

not really, it's just this forum is full of people complaining 24/7/365 now and that's all it ever seems to be now. It gets old after a while. I come to these forums to see tech news or post tech news and it usually just always becomes something completely different now.

agreed... :happy: :yes:

Did the DSLite or the PStwo add any additional functionality that their original counterparts weren't capable of?

The PStwo added an ethernet port. And while the network adapter was available for the orignal PS2, as soon as the slim version was released, sony stopped making them.

I know what you mean, but just don't let it bother you. Eventually if you ignore those that tend to stir up trouble, it'll die down and we can resume 'normal' talks, whatever that may be. :laugh: :)

The PStwo added an ethernet port. And while the network adapter was available for the orignal PS2, as soon as the slim version was released, sony stopped making them.

Well that is just Sony being Sony.

The bottom line is, the DSlite and the PStwo both didn't add anything that previous versions of the hardware weren't capable of. If these rumors are true, then the only way to get HDMI (and in turn 1080p resolution on many displays) would be with this new revision of the console. Unacceptable imo.

To be fair the only way to get a backlit screen on a gba was to buy the SP, and the Micro, original wasn't properly lit was it?

You may argue that is just a light, but as far as I can see, given I don't know much about HD displays, but as far as I can see HDMI can't make that huger difference, if anything a backlit screen on a portable is a much huger difference.

Why's this thread still going? MS didn't say anything at CES about this, and as far as we know it doesn't officially exist in any way that will come to consumers. Good job arguing over something that the person who leaked it probably knows little about final plans for.

-Spenser

So what you're saying, cheesegoduk, is that if you can't have it, no should should.
Yes pretty much. The idea of a console is that it DOESN'T change feature wise until a new major version is released i.e Xbox720 or whatever

Isn't that being a bit childish? You?re acting like a spoiled little kid with his shinny new nickel and complaining that all the other kids have quarters. Here?s a solution to your dilemma. When and if Microsoft does release a revised 360, sell your current one and buy the newer one.

From the Neowin Gamers Page:

Microsoft dismisses rumours of revised Xbox 360 hardware

Microsoft's Chris Satchell has dismissed rumours of revised Xbox 360 hardware sporting an HDMI port and a high-capacity hard disk, even claiming that photographs rustled up by our old friend Internet Reports mean very little. "At the moment, everything you might have seen is just looking at our experimentation back in Redmond, not really a product that we're thinking about announcing," Satchell - head of Microsoft's game developer group - told GameSpot.

Neowin Gamers

Original Eurogamer Source

Won't say I told ya so. :rolleyes:

-Spenser

Ofcourse they'll say that. They don't want the current X360 line to stop selling.

Anyway, this upgrade seems just natural for me. If they don't ship it i'm very disappointed.

Uhh, no, if they weren't going to release it, they would have just stuck with what the last MS person said, which was that they hadn't announced anything yet. They wouldn't have blatantly said they weren't going to release it.

-Spenser

Uhh, no, if they weren't going to release it, they would have just stuck with what the last MS person said, which was that they hadn't announced anything yet. They wouldn't have blatantly said they weren't going to release it.

-Spenser

I agree with that.

If they weren't gonna release it, they would have either said they don't comment on speculation, or point blankly said it was a fake.

I think we'll probably see a 360 with a HDMI port sometime in 2008 (maybe even for xmas 2007)

-Spenser

not necessarily. Nintendo flat out denied DVd-enabled wiis right up the the week before launch and then said they were coming. I cna't remember exactly when but I know MS has done something similar with the xbox, flatout deny but then end up doing it. it's all about sales and marketing, these companies aren't stupid. they know they even the slightest hint from their side that something could change could have an effect on sales of current line of hardware, no matter how small that effect might be.

Yes it does? But you have to buy an add-on or something?

lol no but maybe in a firmware update in future, they did mention that somethere i cant remember when.

They did say there was an add on originally then they cancelled it.

I'm sure the Wii can't play dvds because the discs spin the oppoiste way to the games or something, I dunno.

But Wii doesn't support dvds fo-show.