Bill Gates Keynote at International CES

HDMI for the Xbox360 wasn't mentioned!

Most likely it is not coming! I didn't think Microsoft was stupid enough to say we now have 10.4 million XBOX 360 owners and guess what, we now have a new console!! Lets sell another 10.4 million to the same customers! :)

True that you can still run all the games and what not, but its the fact of the point that people just purchased items for their loved ones at Christmas and it is already now outdated for a new model. Only Apple has the tactless PR to do this to customers after a huge Holiday Season.

Well I will be at CES tomorrow. I will see if I can bribe someone at the Microsoft booth to give details about 360 v2 w HDMI :shiftyninja:

Theres more to vista, office, windows live, Xbox, Xbox live, comming.... we got a whole week of CES covarage..... i bet they are still hiding some till the offical launch of these products (minus Xbox and Xbox live, as they are already out ;))

Most likely it is not coming! I didn't think Microsoft was stupid enough to say we now have 10.4 million XBOX 360 owners and guess what, we now have a new console!! Lets sell another 10.4 million to the same customers! :)

A fairly minor update to the 360 isn't exactly CES keynote material.

So the whole video marketplace thing looks pretty cool. I think I heard her say it's all available now? The video marketplace i'm looking at on my xbox right now is nothing like it. I also noticed that you can download huge HDTV movies that would never fit on the xbox hard disk too so they must be releasing MUCH larger disks at some point

A fairly minor update to the 360 isn't exactly CES keynote material.

Adding Full Digital 1080p support with possible HDCP support is a pretty major update. People with v1 of XBOX 360 may end up being crippled one day due to this update if/when HDCP is currently established and the HD-DVD player will no longer support v1. I am for adding HDCP in a later edition of XBOX 360, but not 7 days after a huge holiday season and so short into the start of the products life.

Analog to Digital isn't minor! :)

-Luke Angel

So the whole video marketplace thing looks pretty cool. I think I heard her say it's all available now? The video marketplace i'm looking at on my xbox right now is nothing like it. I also noticed that you can download huge HDTV movies that would never fit on the xbox hard disk too so they must be releasing MUCH larger disks at some point

I think it's only available in the US right now.

Does anyone not think the fact that Live anywhere will enable users to have both keyboard/mouse and pad in one game, a bit unfair? Also, it's not like they're gonna bring out EVERY Xbox 360 Live game to PC....

Adding Full Digital 1080p support with possible HDCP support is a pretty major update. People with v1 of XBOX 360 may end up being crippled one day due to this update if/when HDCP is currently established and the HD-DVD player will no longer support v1. I am for adding HDCP in a later edition of XBOX 360, but not 7 days after a huge holiday season and so short into the start of the products life.

Analog to Digital isn't minor! :)

-Luke Angel

Adding a video output port to their game console just wouldn't have flowed with the keynote. Take my word for it.

i figured all they are gonna do is just create a lil plug with the HDMI port on it but still plugs into the regular port that's on there now with the optical. Think of the component cables box thing now but just cut off the cables and you get my drift. That would be the best thing since then they could make lots more money via sales of an accessorie instead of redesigning to get it built in. the PS3 was designed with it in mind so great for them... the output from the 360 is already digital i'd assume, the box with the TV/HDTV switch either just tells the xbox to switch modes or it acutally does some sort of conversion there.

Maybe it's already been said, but I missed it. Does anyone know when the first Home Servers will be available? Obviously on or around the Vista launch, but any specific dates?

I think the Home Servers weren't being launched until summer.

I could be wrong though.

-Spenser

That blows if it is true. I would love to have that, looks like an awesome product.