The REAL game starts... (Puzzle Box 1)

Eesh! I hope that it isn't geocaching. I mean, that's fun and all, but seriously...solving puzzles is a lot different than following coordinates on a map or handheld GPS device.

well if you go to google earth or google maps you can find the exact locations from the coordinates on the websites. i wont be able to go to any of them (i cant believe they have one in Austin but not Mpls lol)- anyway i looked up all the new locations and this is exactly where they are:

1/13

25 46 34.08n 80 7 51.14 w Lumus Park and Public Beach, Miami, FL

33 27 43.33n 112 4 15.73w Margaret T Hance Park, Phoenix, AZ

30 15 19.01n 97 48 24.29w In the middle of the Southern parking lot of the Barton Square Mall, Austin, TX

33 47 26.99s 151 17 14.29e centered directly on the beach house/park building at North Stayne Park (a beach), Sydney, Australia

34 4 26.11n 118 21 18.98 w Pan Pacific Regional Park, Los Angeles, California

im attaching the google earth screenshots from each location

ps if you havent signed up you could put me down as your referral soccer_master_s@yahoo.com

i'll post the rest after i get them... also if anyone finds any similatities other than the fact that most of them are parks that would be nice

post-194208-1168298217_thumb.jpg

post-194208-1168298266_thumb.jpg

post-194208-1168298294_thumb.jpg

post-194208-1168298322_thumb.jpg

post-194208-1168298330_thumb.jpg

Very offtopic and quite random, but funny:

so, today was my first day of second semester in university. i saw this one girl, and she looked _exactly_ like the woman in the videos. I was like "holy ****" but then i figured that its definitely not her - theres no way that she'd end up going to university here in canada :p

The site better get an upgraded server, big problems connecting to it then I can't login, no verification code shows, grr, maybe if people all go away for a bit and let me be the only one looking around I can login - Oh but please send me the answer on a postcard. Thanks

I checked all of the points and here's what I got that has not yet been posted:

London - Trafalgar Square between the two plaza fountains

Berlin - In front of Brandenberg Gate

Singapore - In front of Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall

Toronto - The corner of Younge and Front, across from the Hockey Hall of Fame

San Francisco - Baker St. on the pond across from the Palace of Fine Arts

Seattle - Circular pad in Gas Works Park

The coordinates are known, now the game begins!

BT14

This is really big, beyond imaginations. This will make history. Congratulations for choosing those prizes.

How stupid one feels if he was limited to think this was just about Shadowrun...

I'll be there in Berlin.

Yeah im really starting to get excited about it too - to all our roving reporters in Las Vegas tonight - go have fun and wrap up warm :D take lots and lots of piccies and fly that neowin flag high !

I'm definatly going to the london event now and well to be honest i dont care what its about this is just really really fun and exciting... I haven't felt this excited about something since i was like 8 on a scavenger hunt :p

Wow. That grand prize is the only grand prize, IMO, that is worth getting excited about! :D

I wish everyone the best of luck! If anyone would be gracious to put my email in the referral slot, that would be great!

Email: beckern[AT]live.com

Wow, a flight to space...that's phenomenal...

Well, I've got my 20 points! (Only 1000000 more to go!)

...question, is there a way to make say...a referral link?

Isn't it funny how global events usualy translate to just a few country's.

I must say that I'm not happy with it.

This planet has a little bit more country's then these: Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Singapore, New Zealand, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain and the United States

:blink:

Dumb question ?

What is a META game, I am sure I am not the only one who does not know ?

But as I never win anything I would gladly settle for my name on a chip I can't afford.

This planet has a little bit more country's then these: Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Singapore, New Zealand, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain and the United States

FYI - It's the same distance (roughly) for me to go to the Sydney, Australia event as it is for you to get to the French / Italian events. But I agree, normally we get left out down-under... just lucky this time I guess.

This sucks! My system was rebooted because of the power and now I am getitng a 404 not found trying to get to the Zenith directory that I had decoded to get to1!

:crazy: +1

Puzzles here are really fascinating. It is a pity to me, that I have learned about this game when all the puzzles was solved. Being the Mac adherent (not fan) I'd like to play just for fun.

But it is quite unfair to segregate Internet citizens by geo location. It's a pure discrimination!

Well, let's assume the vanishing point is already past for us.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with segregation or being unfair. Microsoft is running the contest in every country that they are legally allowed to. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the element of skill was added intentionally to allow countries like Canada that have laws requiring a "test of skill" in order to ensure that they are not considered to be a "gambling" operation.

If you want to complain, talk to your country's government. They're the ones to blame, not Microsoft.

But they'd better provide an applicable alternative. Otherwise the words "My job is to find the smartest people on the planet. My employers are rewarding them with outstanding prizes, including a trip into space to see the ultimate vista, and being immortalized in a computer chip around the world." mean there is nothing like smartness outside this few list. That's what I'm calling discrimination.

No, it is funny how just a few country's events translate to global.

edit :

Anyway good luck, Neowinians!

Edited by OCTAGRAM

But they'd better provide an applicable alternative. Otherwise the words "My job is to find the smartest people on the planet. My employers are rewarding them with outstanding prizes, including a trip into space to see the ultimate vista, and being immortalized in a computer chip around the world." mean there is nothing like smartness outside this few list. It is what I'm calling discrimination.

No, it is funny how just a few country's events translate to global.

Maybve your country should learn to play nicely with its oil reserves and then MS will visit you :p heh just a bit of political humour there :D but you raise some good points.

On the VPG site it says that you can either attend the events or watch clips of the event online....

As for the countries involved, I really don't think there was anything more to the choice than your usual high-profile capitals..

So the Sydney one is at North Steyne, near Manly. I'm really close to that, in Narrabeen, I may be the closest one here... Who else is going to the Sydney one and lives close to it?

15 minutes to go - time for your munchies and drinks and loo-breaks... and any victims that need murdering lol... 15 minutes should be enough...

I'm all excited now - maybe that has something to do with the bottle of energy drink i just finished :-s 2:15am and im hyper lol - not good