So what programs so far are not working for you?

Nero, newest version is still messing up the thumbnailer.

I have 7.7.5.1 installed and thumbnail works fine.

Adobe Photoshop (breaks Aero, doesn't load properly)

Quicktime (breaks Aero)

Logitech LCD Manager (works but crashes often)

Use photoshop cs2 it works perfect.

use quicktime alternative its better anyways.

dont know about lcd manager

Everything i have running installs with no issues.

I have 7.7.5.1 installed and thumbnail works fine.

Use photoshop cs2 it works perfect.

use quicktime alternative its better anyways.

dont know about lcd manager

Everything i have running installs with no issues.

I have Photoshop CS2 and it break AeroGlass on my PC, go to Aero Basic. With my 7900GT using built-in Vista x64 drivers. Once CS2 is running, their is some GUI glitch while using it.

I also have GUI problems with iTune and QuickTime.

Microsoft Frontpage 2003, it's impossible to select more than 2 files (using SHIFT+down arrow) in the left navigation tree. That's a bug only with Vista (x86 and x64).

DVD Decrypter, although working - gives one or two unusual error messages now and again.

Partition Magic latest version too.

Also if upgrading from XP with Daemon Tools running, Vista setup will crash and keep rebooting during setup - the solution is to select "debugging mode" on the stratup screen. For some reason this allows the setup to complete, and lets you remove daemon tools so that it boots normally. It will also give a wierd message on startup unless reinstalled.

Does anyone know if "unlocker" works with vista? and what is it about Nero 6 that doesn't work? Thanks!

I have not tried either program as of yet and i don't want to go through the trouble of installing if someone already knows

Hey,

yes it does very well indeed might need the new update though. nero 6 is broken and don't think they will make a patch for it.

Does anyone know if "unlocker" works with vista?

Does not work. It installs fine, but it can't be run. I get weird errors opening it manually, as well as therough the shell extension.

So far I've had little to no problems. Only amusing ones such as due to mine being MSDNAA copy of Vista Business N I cannot for the life of me get Windows Media Player to install/work. And perhaps related to that VLC won't play video, along with every other video player I've tried and also the Performance Index thing won't give me a score as my system "does not have the necessary multi-media support to run the requested assessment".

Oh, that and Salling Clicker, which I've never used, but will not install until next version on Vista.

Quicktime... I wrote before I was having issues with it (picture, no sound).

Well, it seems it's because I changed the sound set up in the Quicktime Control Panel applet to 5.1 and a higher sampling rate. Even though I have 5.1 sound in Vista, for some crazy reason, I can only set up Quicktime to work with Stereo.

I thought I'd post this just in case anyone else was having a similar problem. I'm using an Audigy4 and drivers are beta, so that might be way things were funky.

Quicken 2007 / RC4 does not work.

RC4 install hangs at the end. If you cancel , you can't even get into quicken, have to uninstall it. Way to go QUICKEN!

RC4 install hangs at the end. If you cancel , you can't even get into quicken, have to uninstall it. Way to go QUICKEN!

I just checked my working Quicken and it is at RC4. I took the updates as I installed it on a fresh Vista install.

not confirmed. Installed Quicken 2007 R1 on a fresh copy of Vista Enterprise ... then Vista Ultimate. After the initial install, Quicken then automatically upgraded to R4 and works fine.

I can't get Adobe Acrobat 8 Reader to install. I keep getting the error message that it can't write to my Temp folder or it's full. I've gone in and removed read only access to my Temp variable, yet still can't get it to install. I can get everything else on my computer to work. This is starting to **** me off, as I need Acrobat reader for school.....

I can't get Adobe Acrobat 8 Reader to install. I keep getting the error message that it can't write to my Temp folder or it's full. I've gone in and removed read only access to my Temp variable, yet still can't get it to install. I can get everything else on my computer to work. This is starting to **** me off, as I need Acrobat reader for school.....

Just to make sure, are you downloading the Vista specific version of it?

Just to make sure, are you downloading the Vista specific version of it?

Yes, and I've since resolved my issue. Found the answer on another thread. Had to really "tweak" it though, as the folder where it extracts the files still remained empty. I had to watch the folder as I was trying to install it as normal, because after it'd fail, the folder remained empty. I had to grab the folder midway through the install/extraction process. Royal pain, but I have it installed now and am able to resume my school work.

As requested, I'll link the .REG file to restore thumbnail generation. It is not necessary to uninstall Nero, but the problem will reoccur, so keep this file in your PC.

Link

Can I request a high-res version of your user image??

So far everything seems to work fine for me. Although, for some reason, I cannot get URGE to work in Media Player 11 out of the box. It won't load due to an insufficient flash version (I am using the newest one from Adobe). I haven't bothered yet to contact them as I was jut running a free trial anyway.

A lot of people with nforce4 chipsets have been having that problem, due to RAID issues. Check to see if there's a new driver?

I am able to get Quicktime working ,Adobe Acrobat 8.0 and PS CS2.

I cant get any of my games to install, also no WS-FTP, now faced with hardware issues like my Logitech webcam Silver, Logitech says is not Vista compatible = were not going to create drivers for it since it's discontinued. , so now I'm a FORMER Logitech fan. as with my HP LaserJet printer.

I am also able to get VNC to work no problem.

MYOB has been tested with Vista and works fine.