Donnie Darko (2001)

Same here.

I like the Director's Cut version more than the original.

Same here. I think the director's cut clarifies a few things, and makes the story slightly easier to understand.

I loved it watched it a coupe of months ago now and I dont understand it all still, but it really is a great movie gets you thinking like crazy.

And I agree with it been a big cult movie along with in my opinion A Clockwork Orange.

• 4 months later...

No movie can be great if you need to do quite some research to understand the plot. tangent universe, primary universe, manipulating dead, these are a lot of crucial info that i need to get from the movie not from a website.

i liked it a lot though, epic movie. if the they actually explained the plot it would've been my favorite movie ever.... oh wait it would've been my 2nd most favorite movie after the prestige

I just watched the Director's Cut last week. I thought it did a much better job of explaining the tangent universe and all that stuff.

Did you watch the Director's Cut?

i really think that these pieces of information are what the movie is all about and they should've included them in any cut even if they were going to do a summarized cut of 30 minutes

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The Director's Cut is definitely a little easier to follow and contains a few touching scenes that didn't make it into the original. While I prefer the Director's Cut, I kind of wish I hadn't seen it first so that I could have formed my own conclusions from the more ambiguous original cut before seeing the interpretation Richard Kelly (director) intended.