Puzzle Box 3

i managed to do laser another way... i skipped some of the mirrors though. it looks like 5OP or SOP?

Hmmm, it does say to use every mirror so I guess we keep guessing

Edit: Doh! someone beat me to it

vp3summaryicons5do.png

Just a summary of the icons in the top left of each puzzle for what it maybe worth.

The icons are layed out in the same order as the books in Box3

One note is that there is not one for Puzzle 11 (Mural)

And re-arranging things a little....

vp3grid015dm.png

I originally checked them out as last week the icons represented which events had the clues for each puzzle, this week they are all different and will need to go back and check all of this as it may relate further to the metapuzzle. :woot:

letters from home:

clue1: daytoname

yields: st paul's cathedral? i'm not sure

clue2: london, england (where the cathedral is located, also what is written on the letters)

clue3: hotel?

I noticed that on the main sceeen for box 3 the image shown for "click here for event photos" has another building pictured, obviously taken when testing the method used to project onto buildings..anyway can anyone get any clues from it hehe lol

The icons are still showing which clue to use. There are 3 of them in the photo from singapore.

vp3summaryicons5do.png

Just a summary of the icons in the top left of each puzzle for what it maybe worth.

vp3grid015dm.png

I originally checked them out as last week the icons represented which events had the clues for each puzzle, this week they are all different and will need to go back and check all of this as it may relate further to the metapuzzle. :woot:

vp3summaryicons5do.png

vp3grid015dm.png

These are linking the clues again... see the projection:

post-196096-1169303899_thumb.jpg

So the "City of Birth" goes with Composer.

I just had this happen on another puzzle. All of a sudden the word "OTHER", in bold typeface, appeared in upper left corner. I haven't seen this before.

when i input 1940 in letters from home I get other, so were close

Typo In Disco Inferno - Not being a dancer myself....I'm guessing Captian America, should be Captain America, in the Disco Inferno puzzle.

For Mural:

morphine - F. W. Serturner

lightbulb - Humphry Davy

?

lightning - Benjamin Franklin

?

milk - Louis Pasteur

?

radio - Guglielmo Marconi

?

?

phonograph - Thomas Edison

I just had this happen on another puzzle. All of a sudden the word "OTHER", in bold typeface, appeared in upper left corner. I haven't seen this before.

Typo In Disco Inferno - Not being a dancer myself....I'm guessing Captian America, should be Captain America, in the Disco Inferno puzzle.

I noticed this two during week 2 and found that I had lost my session state. This would mean that you need to re LOGIN. Afterwards all should work correctly again.

Hope this helps

For Mural:

lightbulb - Humphry Davy

?

?

milk - Louis Pasteur

?

?

?

Think I have all the names just need the rest of the dates

not sure if thats an F with or an R

RW =Robert R.Williams, Jr, Process for Obtaining Vitamins 1936 he synthesized the vitamin

HD = Humphrey Davy, an Englishman, demonstrated a powerful electric lamp to the Royal Society in 1806

jw =james watt, improved steam engine 1763

BF = Benjamin franklin, pointed light rod conductor

GLL = George Louis Lesage, used a single wire system to telegraph a message (1774)

LP = Louis pasteur French scientist who discovered the process of sterilizing milk

GS = Glenn T. Seaborg, The nuclear chemist's best-known achievement was the synthesis and isolation of the radioactive element plutonium

GM = Guglielmo Marconi, radio

AGB = Alexander grand bell

CM = Cyrus Hall McCormick,, inventor of the reaper

TM = Thomas edison, Phonograph

For Mural:

lightbulb - Humphry Davy

?

?

milk - Louis Pasteur

?

?

?

is the third one a phone? cause then it could be J.W. Albert

edit: nm lol

Think I have all the names just need the rest of the dates

August 12, 1877, is the date popularly given for Edison's completion of the model for the first phonograph. It is more likely, however, that work on the model was not finished until November or December of that year, since he did not file for the patent until December 24, 1877. He toured the country with the tin foil phonograph, and was invited to the White House to demonstrate it to President Rutherford B. Hayes in April 1878.

For Mural:

lightbulb - Humphry Davy

?

?

milk - Louis Pasteur

?

?

?

Water Pump - John Whitehurst

For Mural, EW is Eli Whitney...it's a cotton gin

for some reason it looks like an R on mine but I think your right makes sense

EW =Eli Whitney cotton gin

HD = Humphrey Davy, an Englishman, demonstrated a powerful electric lamp to the Royal Society in 1806

jw =james watt, improved steam engine 1763

BF = Benjamin franklin, pointed light rod conductor

GLL = George Louis Lesage, used a single wire system to telegraph a message (1774)

LP = Louis pasteur French scientist who discovered the process of sterilizing milk

GS = Glenn T. Seaborg, The nuclear chemist's best-known achievement was the synthesis and isolation of the radioactive element plutonium

GM = Guglielmo Marconi, radio

AGB = Alexander grand bell

CM = Cyrus Hall McCormick,, inventor of the reaper

Now we need the dates they were invented