Puzzle Box 3

Ok I know its consider to be out of game but it would apear there has been an update to www.vanishingpoint.com, very coincidentaly it has Aristole in the background, nothing at all to do with the site itself, its not anyplace near greece and has nothing to do with history, but our box this week does ???

Also now a name on the site David Reed (was no details at all at the start of vpg)

Interesting and very spooky if not in-game - we sure its not ??

if you post data in that form it goes to http://wsm.ezsitedesigner.com/servlet/VisitorFeedback

There are either lots of clues or lots of red herrings.

I imagine the latter.

Because this is an international game and mathmatics/science is the only international language, I can't help but believe that the answer is in the numbers. Time, magic and history are different in every country (time zones, tricks and interpretation) and the phone number thing is the most likely way to find Loki. imho

sigh....I'm still one white box short of the full 27 and I know it's in the first 2 boxes and I'm afraid it might be from Posters. I've gone back numerouse times and would re-click it but the count still doesn't go up. And now, it no longer shows up (more evidence that the creators are watching the forums). But I still only have 26.

My connection is rather slow, so it's painful to go back and try to find which one I may have missed (although I really don't think I have as I've gone back to every puzzle atleast 3 times).

I hope this doesn't penalize me in the meta puzzle.

urg

same prob here :(

So accuse me of over- analyzing, but in going back over the puzzles:

The calandar puzzle is strange. The months are not for the same year and the dates on the piece of paper appear to be Wednesdays. There are a couple of odd entries in particular:

Build a bird house on Feb 1st and Jun 3rd (both Wed ..different years).

Install printers Apr 31st and May 4th (only 4 days apart...true we may have to do this but do you schedule it?) and technically they're different years!

Is this Loki's calandar?

The extra clues that apparently aren't required to solve the puzzles worries me. Just thinking evil here for a minute - we know from mythology that Kitsune are tricksters, and Lorelei was a jilted maiden who led navigators to their doom. Does it mean that loki will gain our confidence, but then trick us somehow and lead us to doom? Many of her stories, such as the quadruple major in 2 years, aren't terribly believable.

What if somebody were seeding these forums with false "answers", which appear to be correct when they are input, but which actually will be penalized at the end of the contest? I don't necessarily trust a posted answer, until I can work the puzzle through and actually solve it. In particular, Tomb, Mural, History Lesson, and Composers seem only partially solved, even though we have the "answers".

well, the logic for all these answers is valid... if you check the wiki then theres a brief explanation of most of the solutions, otherwise the explanations will be in this topic... and i've come to the same answers on a few questions without using any spoilers... i think the extra parts are towards the meta puzzle... since thats supposed to be damn hard so only one person solves it.

it'd really help if someone found there to be some kind of connection between the meta puzzle and these extra clues...

Edited by troist

David Reed does make sense, where do you see his name?

Ok I know its consider to be out of game but it would apear there has been an update to www.vanishingpoint.com, very coincidentaly it has Aristole in the background, nothing at all to do with the site itself, its not anyplace near greece and has nothing to do with history, but our box this week does ???

Also now a name on the site David Reed (was no details at all at the start of vpg)

Interesting and very spooky if not in-game - we sure its not ??

OK...have you guys noticed that Loki is not wearing her necklace anymore in the 3rd video?? She's moving down chairs from week to week and then on the 3rd video her necklace is gone.

Hey for the whiteboxes puzzle, does anyone else see a problem with the hook, near the top by the ring? The picture we have that completes the ring on the right side has a whitespace on the inside left part. So if you matched it with another picture on the left side, it'd leave a white streak down the middle. I don't think this is where that puzzle piece belongs.

Anyone notice the spines of the books? There's symbols on each spine similar to those used in the spinning calendar puzzle (lines or lines with circles above or below them).

Any suggestions? They're pretty obvious.

there was so much stuff in those puzzles that wasn't used to solve them... heres the stuff i found odd:

Disco - Dance moves are irrelevant

History Lesson - Whats so significant about the 9th archway on Berlin event?

Composers - Music is totally irrelevant apart from the length of it. Composers are irrelevant.

Letters from Home - Penny Black stamps in London clue were totally irrelevant.

Mural - Most of the mural was useless.

Tomb - You only need to know they're YoYo tricks, the answer isn't related to the tricks at all.

Disco: If you click the fake dance moves, you get the "FLIP" to tell you the answer is the flip-side of the Feelings single.

History Lesson: The 1st box is on the sun of solar system. If you count the sun as 1, 9 is Neptune.

No idea about the rest...

i only have 24 white box's anyone no ware some are located?

There are definitely at least 27. Check http://vanishingpointwiki.com/wiki/Collection_Plate

Clicking on the box name links will show you a picture of where they are in the puzzle precisely. If you don't see them, log out and log back in and check them all again... :)

OK...have you guys noticed that Loki is not wearing her necklace anymore in the 3rd video?? She's moving down chairs from week to week and then on the 3rd video her necklace is gone.

Yes, she is moving a chair to our right (her left), each video...She is the "Anchor"...Now look in the background on each video just to the right of the doorway...See the Red, Blue, Green, & Yellow of the MS Vista Flag Logo forming? Feathers will form the AMD Logo. Try to watch that area in each video. Also the reflection colors in her glasses are the same, she also points out the area each time she lowers her glasses. Specifically watch the last video to the left of her head close up's.

...Now look in the background on each video just to the right of the doorway...See the Red, Blue, Green, & Yellow of the MS Vista Flag Logo forming? Feathers will form the AMD Logo. Try to watch that area in each video. Also the reflection colors in her glasses are the same, she also points out the area each time she lowers her glasses. Specifically watch the last video to the left of her head close up's.

Actually the colored Vista logo is a false lead... The colors are there EVERY video.. and it's nothing more than colored duct tape that is on the light cable..

Actually the colored Vista logo is a false lead... The colors are there EVERY video.. and it's nothing more than colored duct tape that is on the light cable..

I think you are right..doesn't look like much to me...the Vista logo part.....she IS giving directions though when she lowers the glasses...check out the META PUZZLE thread here....

If you go to the Vanishingpoint site and from there to the Wineflower site (which interestingly opens in a frame keeping the window title "Vanishing Point") you will find a link to a Google Map. It is a hybrid map including a road map and satellite imagery. In the area, in all directions, there are many groups of trees some of which, when you zoom in are similar to the overlaid ring around Loki in the Puzzle Box 1 Picture (zoom in to see it better). I haven't been able to find one that exactly matches. Maybe the LEFT, UP , etc. directions relate to finding it.

Ugh.....seems like its just a sit around and wait game now!! I wish there was more Meta Puzzle stuff to search for

I can't help but thinking that there is something more...that we missed something between Box #2 and #3, or post #3. After all of the pre-game stuff and the activities between box #1 and #2, you'd think that there would be something...

Are we collectively dense and not seeing which road to take, or did 42 Entertainment underestimate us and not have anything between these latter boxes of puzzles, except for wild speculation over the White Boxes?

Is it just me, or did the game produce an audible THUD with the AMD Loki message about the Murmuring Rock project being on hold, indefinitely.

If you go to the Vanishingpoint site and from there to the Wineflower site (which interestingly opens in a frame keeping the window title "Vanishing Point") you will find a link to a Google Map. It is a hybrid map including a road map and satellite imagery. In the area, in all directions, there are many groups of trees some of which, when you zoom in are similar to the overlaid ring around Loki in the Puzzle Box 1 Picture (zoom in to see it better). I haven't been able to find one that exactly matches. Maybe the LEFT, UP , etc. directions relate to finding it.

i can see the relation, but microsoft probably wouldn't let 42 entertainment use google maps over live maps...

I can't help but thinking that there is something more...that we missed something between Box #2 and #3, or post #3. After all of the pre-game stuff and the activities between box #1 and #2, you'd think that there would be something...

Are we collectively dense and not seeing which road to take, or did 42 Entertainment underestimate us and not have anything between these latter boxes of puzzles, except for wild speculation over the White Boxes?

Is it just me, or did the game produce an audible THUD with the AMD Loki message about the Murmuring Rock project being on hold, indefinitely.

yeah, we never did work out what murmuring rock was... i remember though that there were loads of filtered results on live search and microsoft.com's search relating to murmuring rock, loreley and lorelei...

Just a tip on getting the full white box count...

I was pulling my hair out trying to fiddle around with the puzzles to get my full white box count. Sure, I knew where all of them were and had clicked on all, but my numbers and those of /collectionplate didn't match. I could get all from the first box, got one (which I now know was from Rabbit's Trail) from Box 2, and then was able to get all from Box 3. Despite clicking on the eight problem boxes, I couldn't get them to show up in my count on /collectionplate. Now, I have them all. Here's how.

I realized that some of the puzzles shifted one's viewpoint, so to say; for example, in Headliners, one can click on the Houdini poster. I realized I had never clicked on it. So I did, it zoomed, clicked again, and zoomed out. After Xing out the puzzle window and opening it again, the white box I had clicked was gone. Same problem in Domino; I needed to click on the man's changing card until it went dark and then again to refresh. With Posters, I made sure to click each poster for a close-up, checking the one which once held the white box again to make sure it hadn't respawned; looked good. Xed out, and it was gone! Checking /collectionplate, I noticed that my score had gone up! I then revisited the others I needed and clicked on them again, which brought me up to the full 27.

It seems to me that there is a particular script bug which causes this error, evinced by the common trait of those puzzles (loading new material/switching between foregrounds?). Unfortunately, I know little about code or the programs used to make the puzzles. Perhaps someone with that knowledge could look into this or give a quick guess?

Also, I've been using firefox the whole time, switching only to IE when I thought maybe the vpg site didn't like my browser. Went back to firefox after IE didn't work. Operating Windows XP Pro.

Well, the "murmuring Rocks" project was the lead to her first name "Lorelei", so it has been used at least a bit though.

And i dont think we missed anything, Microsoft/42 Entertainment wouldnt let that happen. If we missed anything and we're not in time, some guy from MS/42 would show up and give us some clues, i guess.

Well, the "murmuring Rocks" project was the lead to her first name "Lorelei", so it has been used at least a bit though.

And i dont think we missed anything, Microsoft/42 Entertainment wouldnt let that happen. If we missed anything and we're not in time, some guy from MS/42 would show up and give us some clues, i guess.

But if that is the case...and it could very well be...do they realize that the silence and the lack of anything to do may decrease interest?

Sure, us hardcore players are sold on this and will wait until Box #4, but I'm sure that some of the more casual players have become bored and either left or may do so...lose the urgency, and thus forget when Box #4 is opening. I know that sounds weird, but part of marketing is capture interest and holding it.

I know that sounds weird, but part of marketing is capture interest and holding it.

Well, maybe here's a small spark...

I've been wildly switching back and forth between Loki being a real human or some manifestation that is referencing something else entirely. With her mention of the memorizing the address book, I thought that for sure now she was some portable device, that her "father" was the creator of the device, and he had just created it (hence "when she was very young" from the video).

I was hellbent on finding a portable device that memorized the phone book and could spit it back out. Namely trying to find the first electronic phone book. Well, either I suck at searching or I'm way off with this one, but it's possible....so many things that point to "her" not being a "her" but an "it".... Something to ponder on...

The other tidbit I wanted to add was that while searching for the memorization of the phone book, I came across, like several of you had before, this website:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic_major_system

In here, it starts to talk about converting numbers to words. So I was looking at the "Mural" puzzle in Box #3 and I saw a bunch of initials. Yes, I know they are used for the specific purpose of solving that puzzle, but could they be used to solve part of the Meta puzzle?

Thoughts please?

So accuse me of over- analyzing, but in going back over the puzzles:

The calandar puzzle is strange. The months are not for the same year and the dates on the piece of paper appear to be Wednesdays. There are a couple of odd entries in particular:

Build a bird house on Feb 1st and Jun 3rd (both Wed ..different years).

Install printers Apr 31st and May 4th (only 4 days apart...true we may have to do this but do you schedule it?) and technically they're different years!

Is this Loki's calandar?

Remeber that to solve the Calendar puzzle the six months had to form a cube. The entries allow you to orient the calendars properly.