First Vista Ultimate Extras Available

For those of you awaiting DreamScene i can give a slight review on here. LEGALLY because i was given it by microsoft. although the idea of the software was genuine the actually application is lacking. What it does is when you install it. you will not notice the difference till you look around at first. All it does it add another file format to the list of formats you can use as a desktop image. It allows videos instead of just images. The videos i used for the background for testing, are to say the least lacking. the videos work great with no glitches or errors or slowdowns until the video loops. and then you get a black flash on the screen. i tried several "perfect loop"** videos and i always got the Black flash

Please Note Dreamscene is still an ALPHA so please i will not post a link if you really really want it i can try to set you up with an invite.

**Perfect loop meaning the video was made to loop so you cannot tell it is a loop.

Hi all...

Question...Apologies if in wrong place....Still running the last Vista x86 beta release here...

Wondering if I would still be able to download/install these extras/updates etc?

Asking because according to my machine, it is upto date, and there are no updates available...

TIA.

The videos i used for the background for testing, are to say the least lacking. the videos work great with no glitches or errors or slowdowns until the video loops. and then you get a black flash on the screen. i tried several "perfect loop"** videos and i always got the Black flash

And I don't get a black flash at all.

Either way you're probably right, they're going to wait until they can iron more bugs out even the ones only some configurations see.

Sorry Guys-

But I just spent the last 2 hours checking out Vista, and, I gotta be honest.....NOT IMPRESSED. I know most of the updating is under the hood, but, seriously there was no "WOW" factor for me personally. I even tried out the Ultmate Edition and still felt the same. Oh well, just thought I'd throw it out there.......

Hi all...

Question...Apologies if in wrong place....Still running the last Vista x86 beta release here...

Wondering if I would still be able to download/install these extras/updates etc?

Asking because according to my machine, it is upto date, and there are no updates available...

TIA.

I'm wondering if I'm having the same issue. I'm running the 6000 Build and it's showing that my system is up to date.

Adam

Grrr, I'm running Vista on a 20GB partition and Vista decided to download the updates and wasted about 2GB in language pack updates I'll never use and most of which failed installation. Does anyone know where these updates are located and if I can delete them?

Thanks

Grrr, I'm running Vista on a 20GB partition and Vista decided to download the updates and wasted about 2GB in language pack updates I'll never use and most of which failed installation. Does anyone know where these updates are located and if I can delete them?

Thanks

Stop the Windows Update service, go to these folders and delete everything inside them:

X:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

X:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

After that, start the Windows Update service again.

• 3 years later...