When will you Upgrade to Vista?

Running it on my PC at work but so unimpressed with it.. I doubt it'll ever make it to my PC at home to be honest!

Badly worded poll. Whoever does an upgrade from XP to Vista?(rather?than?a?clean?install) needs their head examined, as they're asking for trouble.

If you mean, "When will you start using Vista?", the answer is as soon as I get it from the store where I ordered it (but I will still keep XP for some time to come).

Besides that, the upgrade version is becoming more and more a really bad idea, because you're no longer allowed to use XP after you installed the Vista upgrade (it will invalidate your XP key), and the Upgrade now requires an installed and activated XP.

Besides that, the upgrade version is becoming more and more a really bad idea, because you're no longer allowed to use XP after you installed the Vista upgrade (it will invalidate your XP key), and the Upgrade now requires an installed and activated XP.

Read the EULA of any previous version of Windows. You will see that they all state that you are no longer entitled to use the old version of the OS when you install the new "upgrade" version of Windows.

Im upgrading this weekend :) . Very excited as vista looks superb and I BETA tested it a little bit. Going on my media pc first, then laptop, then the pc on my sig as I get more faith in it.

When i get mine through MSDNAA (start university in September after my gap year), Up until then i will be running Linux, hopefully by September i wont want to use anything else but Linux :D

Seeing as how I didn't win the Signed Ultimate version from Best Buy today; probably when I build my next computer. My current computer is a single core P4, 512MB, and analog tv tuner. Too many upgrades to make the current computer worthwhile.

I'll be able to get Home Premium upgrade from school for $89.95.

Gonna dual boot it tommorow with xp and see if anything works yet (mainly driver issues)

will probably end up deleting it again after a week or 2 for some reason im always stuck thinking i can do more in xp.

Been testing since the Longhorn days but I aim to upgrade probably within the next 3-6 months. The OEM Ultimate 64-bit version is what I will buy (no need for the fancy retail box etc for an extra ?200) and hopefully it will be a little cheaper. This 3-6 month time should give enough time for more software and drivers to become compatible as well.

I'd rather wait for Vista in the future, because I have Nintendo Wifi USB since I am using Verizon DSL here. Nintendo might work on it in the future too. I am still using Windows XP SP2 right now. :)

Thanks!

Either when SP1 comes out or I upgrade to a new PC. Whichever comes first. I'm suspecting that I will upgrade my PC before the end of this year (probably around Octoberish).

I don't think it is worth the upgrade to most unless you have a DX10 graphics card.

On my primary machine...probably not before it's obsolete (Athlon X2 4800) and replaced with something else (on which I'll still install XP).

On my older machines I don't really care about and could reformat on a whim--I already do.

In other words--as a developer, I use it for testing my own software, but as a personal preference, I'm totally non-committed to it.

Edited by _dandy_

I won't be using it full-time until I have absolutely no choice. For the duration that I do have a choice, I'll be sticking to XP. I don't game on my PC anymore so DX10 is of no interest to me either.