Violent Video Games Banned...

News source: Game Daily

AP is reporting that the Honduran Congress voted Wednesday to ban the sale and distribution of violent videogames.

The vote of 128 lawmakers was unanimous and Honduran president Ricardo Maduro is expected to put his stamp of approval on the bill and sign it into law. If it is passed, the law would take effect in June 2003 and would give business owners six-months to clear their shelves of the banned items.

Videogame titles listed as violent and headed for banishment include: Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Turok, The House of the Dead, Duke Nukem, Shadowman, Quake, Instinct Killer, Doom, The Legacy of Kain, Street Fighter and Perfect Dark.

Maduro was elected to office a year-ago, riding a campaign that promised to implement a zero-tolerance policy against crime.

Yet another group of people who blame video games for the violence that either they themselves are the cause of or don't have the balls to take responsibility for societies actions. :huh: :crazy:

dang, no street fighter? what are we gonna doooooo? i loved that game.

but there are so many other games they could ban...half life, gta, deer hunter, rise of the triad....even commander keen has a ray gun.

So what do you think they would do if i smuggled in a shipment of vice city and sold it on the black market??? I bet they would pay a premium for some duke nukem action

damn that place i bet elmos's 123 abc's the top seller. :yes:

i downloaded the demo last nite :blink:

damn spyder. you are on a roll of funnies. lmao. :laugh:

who cares what video game is banned in Honduras or whatever. thats a country right? well in some countries women can't show their faces in public.

That wasn't that point. The point was that yet another group of people are blamming their problems on video games when they have no idea what they are talking about...

who cares what video game is banned in Honduras or whatever. thats a country right? well in some countries women can't show their faces in public.

ummm where the h3ll did that come from???? do u understand that this is a game forum not a NOW seminar...... :blink:

damn that place i bet elmos's 123 abc's the top seller. :yes:

i downloaded the demo last nite :blink:

Yea me to and I'm ready to go a shooting rampage. :blink: :wacko:

you too?! mwahahaha!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

stupid lawmakers...

I will repeat it because it needs to be said...

WHO THE HELL LIVES THERE?!

I sure as hell don't. So to me this news means nothing.

well i believe hondurans live there. some1 correct me if im wrong :D

I will repeat it because it needs to be said...

WHO THE HELL LIVES THERE?!

I sure as hell don't. So to me this news means nothing.

Well since you seem to be into gaming, it should mean something to you.

well i believe hondurans live there. some1 correct me if im wrong.

Well I don't know it could be Martians that really live there...

Seriously tho, gaming is a universal language that bridges gaps so it shouldn't matter where it happens.

my point was that there is no point. women not being able to show their faces was simply an example off the top of my head of one of the many freedoms that are restricted in some countries. so you can't play a video game there, woopity doo. theres probably a lot of things you can't do there that you can do where you live. theres just no point to it all...it would be like me going to a womens modeling forum and saying that modeling isn't allowed in Iraq. :cool:

my point was that there is no point. women not being able to show their faces was simply an example off the top of my head of one of the many freedoms that are restricted in some countries. so you can't play a video game there, woopity doo. theres probably a lot of things you can't do there that you can do where you live. theres just no point to it all...it would be like me going to a womens modeling forum and saying that modeling isn't allowed in Iraq. :cool:

Whatever...you obviously not a hardcore gamer...I'm just tired of video games being blammed for peoples problems.

...I'm just tired of video games being blammed for peoples problems.

you aren't alone on that...

It's nice to know that someone finally says something and backs me up...I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way as well...

It's nice to know that someone finally says something and backs me up...I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way as well...

I actually agree with you on this one too.. It isn't video games that create violence amongst the public - it is the entire public system.. Take America vs. Japan for instance - Japan plays WAY more violent games than Americans, yet the level of violence in America is approximately 120 times higher then the level in Japan (by murder-rates - yes this is from Bowling for Columbine :) ). Video games are the latest scapegoat - like Catcher in the Rye was, and alcohol during prohibition... Welcome to the brave new world WHERE PEOPLE NEVER LEARN FROM PAST MISTAKES.

Oh and in reference to the person who commented about women not being able to show their faces... It obviously doesn't matter to you at all that said rights are being violated/denied in "some countries" since you don't even care enough to research what countries such violations are occuring in. Are you part of Amnesty International, etc? I doubt it. Anyways, my point is don't make useless comments about things you know nothing about...

...I'm just tired of video games being blammed for peoples problems.

you aren't alone on that...

I agree totally also. Its getting to the point where the media will make any excuse to blame video games!!!!!! :o