BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 320MB

King Mustard:

That question also interests me, cause i own a 7900GT , its about the same as that 7800GT

Thanks

It's mostly likely slower than a 8800GTS 640mb at high resolution by quite a bit. However it should still be atleast 50% faster than say a 7800/7900GT as the 8600Ultra/GT packs quite a punch, which should easily outrun a 7800/7900GT & a 1800/1900XL(?)(ATI has so many variants I don't even bother to keep track).

Having a fast card is pretty pointless if the drivers for it are garbage, as are the current nVidia drivers :x

Especially for the new 8800 cards, drivers are a catastrophe.

You mean the drivers for Vista are garbage...aren't the XP ones ok?

LoL

In that bechmark @ TomsHardware i compared 8800 640 MG and my 7900GT beats it @ Half Life Episode One...dunno why, is this possible?

And all the TOP ones are ATI 6 first at least are.

Is this possible?

In that bechmark @ TomsHardware i compared 8800 640 MG and my 7900GT beats it @ Half Life Episode One...dunno why, is this possible?

And all the TOP ones are ATI 6 first at least are.

Is this possible?

In most non-OpenGL games, Ati cards are faster than nVidia cards. Nothing new here.

The benchs are up in some place, the ones I saw on a French site point that there not so mush differences in performances between the 320MB and the 640MB.

http://www.clubic.com/article-69537-4-nvid...gts-320-mo.html (Graphics can be understand even if you don't know French)

3DMark06

00452744.jpg

Edit: Oh, I didn't read RiPPA's post. :/