Bank of America aims new credit card at illegal immigrants

Bank of America aims new credit card at illegal immigrants: report

Reuters | February 13, 2007

Bank of America Corp. has begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers, typically illegal immigrants, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

In recent years, banks across the country have been offering checking accounts and even mortgages to the nation's fast-growing ranks of undocumented immigrants, most of whom are Hispanic, the paper said, adding these immigrants generally have not been able to get major credit cards.

The new Bank of America card is open to people who lack both a Social Security number and a credit history, as long as they have held a checking account with the bank for three months without an overdraft, the Journal said.

Bank of America tested the program last year at five branches in Los Angeles, and last week expanded it to 51 branches in Los Angeles County, home to the largest concentration of illegal immigrants in the U.S., the Journal said.

The bank hopes to roll out the program nationally later this year, the paper said.

A Bank of America spokesman was not immediately available to comment.

------------------------------------------

What about the 'War on Terror'? :whistle:

Edited by WinMacsta06

Bank of America aims new credit card at illegal immigrants: report

Reuters | February 13, 2007

Bank of America Corp. has begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers, typically illegal immigrants, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

Honestly, I have no problem with immigrants, but when they are illegal. I just think that they are now getting more reason to illegally come here, and also more undeserved power as opposed to hard working legal Americans.

This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. :wacko: I hope Bank of America pays for this dearly!

This is not entirely absurd. I agree that illegals should not be able to so casually get by, but I have many friends here that are here for school legally on F1s and cannot get credit cards due to not having a social security number. What they should do is just check the legal status of applicants.

This is merely a symptom of a much larger disease.

When we have a government, and population, that allows in millions of illegal aliens and allows them to receive handouts, free welfare, food stamps, health care, education, etc why would they not come? Furthermore, we do not fine businesses or do anything to stop illegal aliens from coming. We allowed millions of Third World immigrants, both legal and illegal, to spit on us as they ran around waving their flag of their homeland all over the place.

Until Americans actually do something, nothing will change. We have a President who SCREAMS for amnesty that no American wants, but he is hell-bent on forcing it down our throat. Businesses are out to make an extra buck, until Americans do something about the problem this will continue.

We can complain all we want, who is ready to do something about? Who are we going to elect to combat this problem?

If we don't do something soon, we're going to wake up and be a Third World, non-White, Spanish-Speaking, country that resembles the barrios of Tijuana, Mexico or Bolivia.