Hope for Kansas afterall?

Thats a copout, they should discuss which is relevant or irrelevant in terms of education. Creationism has no place within a biology class because it is completely irrelevant to it. Should science be introduced into religious study groups as well ?

The whole point of education is to teach them the process on how to critically analyze a subject or data and not blind feed them "facts".

I think its evident that facts don't always show itself eventually.

Boy, you science people are a bunch of anger balls. What the hell is the matter with you? Cop out? I don't cop out for **** bro.

Teach them separately in their own environment. I never said recite Genesis while you cut open a frog.

Boy, you science people are a bunch of anger balls. What the hell is the matter with you? Cop out? I don't cop out for **** bro.

Teach them separately in their own environment. I never said recite Genesis while you cut open a frog.

Saying copout is being angry ? I don't think so.

The whole point is they're reciting genesis when cutting open a frog. If they're keeping religion in a religious class and science in a science class, we wouldn't have this problem.

Saying copout is being angry ? I don't think so.

The whole point is they're reciting genesis when cutting open a frog. If they're keeping religion in a religious class and science in a science class, we wouldn't have this problem.

See thats what I was getting at and what I would like to see as an opportunity for my children. My oldest son is absolutely into science and I encourage him to follow through with it. I also encourage him to learn about everything else and be well rounded in order to deal with every type of person he may come across in life. I also encourage him to able to control his temper unlike his Father. My mistake with the anger comment.

as i ususally say when these topics come up, i think one of the problems we have is that there is so much tiptoeing going on, especially around religious belief. but why should people refrain from attacking a belief just because it is religious? if someone says that hamlet is about a tennis player, no one would 'tolerate' such a belief. they would 'tolerate' it in the sense that they won't persecute the man, but they certainly won't respect that belief. people shouldn't shrug their shoulders and say, 'oh well, he's just religious' and then walk away.

I agree completely.