Neowin User Jumps to Fame

Microsoft Postpones Windows XP SP3 To 2008

.....Some users reacted viscerally to the news. On the Neowin Windows enthusiast site, one user identified as "yakumo" commented: "If that's not some lame a** artificial Vista pushing scam then I don't know what is."......

Source: Full Article

yakumo Reply on Neowin Article

Go read the Full article and see for yourself, they took the time to paste a link to the article here on neowin :laugh:

My question is if he got a warning for circumventing the filter ? :laugh:

People have no reason to complain about the amount of patches that are available after a clean install. There are programs like AutoPatcher which limit the number of downloads from Windows Update after a clean installation.

Jumps To Fame? Pffft.

yea...

if you call him/her famous, call me famous either... i have eighthundred something posts here...

we are roughly 100k members (What does "k" mean? Link to Neowin discussion) so pretty many people will have seen my nick name and some posts of me.

No i am not famous, neither this guy/girl is.

Glassed Silver:win

Ooo scary, neowinians are worthy of quoting now?

I did also say I actually liked vista rc2 at the time as well <sigh>

I just thought then, and still do, that 3 year+ wait for a service pack is a bit much when SO many patches have occurred in the meantime, and no, an auto-patcher is not a good enough solution for large corporations, they want a clean reliable slipstreamed SP. No matter how good (or not) it is, a LOT of people, and even more businesses are not going to be upgrading to Vista because of the steeper hardware requirements (if nothing else the ram needs), so proper, timely support of XP should still remain more of a priority, infected machines mean an infected internet.

Peace love, goodwill to all, and death to DRM ;)

Ooo scary, neowinians are worthy of quoting now?

I did also say I actually liked vista rc2 at the time as well <sigh>

I just thought then, and still do, that 3 year+ wait for a service pack is a bit much when SO many patches have occurred in the meantime, and no, an auto-patcher is not a good enough solution for large corporations, they want a clean reliable slipstreamed SP. No matter how good (or not) it is, a LOT of people, and even more businesses are not going to be upgrading to Vista because of the steeper hardware requirements (if nothing else the ram needs), so proper, timely support of XP should still remain more of a priority, infected machines mean an infected internet.

Peace love, goodwill to all, and death to DRM ;)

the sys requirements aren't too bad, but the RAM requirements really are a pain.

well not for me, but for quite some other peeps tbh.

the sys requirements aren't too bad, but the RAM requirements really are a pain.

well not for me, but for quite some other peeps tbh.

It is a problem for me, both that and my laptop & desktop can't take more than 1 gig , without replacing the lot, and the desktops an old p4 3.06 HT system with rambus, so it would cost more than a new machine to resurrect probably anyway, lol.

Sadly this new found fame hasn't come with any fortune and I'm flat broke, no upgrades or new toys for me, beta testing on the CPP was fun, but still miffed i reported tons of bugs and got nothing for it though! ;) :(

laptop PCB power connectors dead anyway, sigh, hoping a part from RS can resurrect it...

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe because what yakumo said reflects the opinion of the vast majority of (Windows XP) users out there.

Good going tho eh? yakumo :)

I second that, can't believe it's taking so much time for sp3.

I could not believe how long it took for vista to take also.

WD yakumo the peoples poet!

I made the news twice thanks to Neowin.

I guess no one read the articles heh, one was regarding the Windows Vista prices @ Australian IT: http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0...Enbv%5E,00.html

and the other is at WIRED: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,725...ml?tw=rss.index

I got a message from a WIRED freelance journalist who was interested in interviewing me after reading my post about my winning an Xbox Live contest.

• 2 weeks later...