Man's body found in undergrowth

The body of a young man has been found in undergrowth by a woman out walking her dog, Merseyside Police have said.

The body was discovered near to Grange Old Road, West Kirby, Wirral, near the war memorial on Thursday morning.

The man is either in his late teens or early twenties (although there has been reports of him being 17). He is white and has short cropped hair, he was also wearing a gray Liverpool FC tracksuit.

It is reported that this man is from Liverpool and has been missing for seven weeks, but what is not known yet is how long the body has been there.

The cause of his death is unknown although it is reported that he has stab wounds to his body.

Merseyside police are appealing to anyone who knows any information about this or may have been in the area and has any information to contact them immediately.

I was told about it at school today, as my school is about 200 yards from where this happened.

And the police contacted the school to find out if anyone was unaccounted for.

I heard from someone at school that they were wearing an Everton tracksuit, but since the BBC news report mentioned them wearing a Liverpool tracksuit, I put that instead as it's a bit more reliable than the information from people at school which may be wrong.