Iraq War

The media usually make it sound much worse than it really is.

Are you frickin' serious? I work at military college & I have been told by many of the students that have served over there how it is. It is a lot worse than the media shows.

Are you frickin' serious? I work at military college & I have been told by many of the students that have served over there how it is. It is a lot worse than the media shows.

I agree with Tomo. Most of Iraq is very peaceful. It is only certain parts of the country, mainly the capital, that are particularly violent.

Yeah i'm sure the "fireworks" at night really light it up and make it beautifull.

And what do you know? You've been told by many of the students? Try going there and seeing it for yourself!

Some areas of Iraq have security if you meet the criteria.

Some Shiite areas are controlled by Shiite militias and are very safe (if you are a Shiite). Some Sunni areas are controlled by Sunni militias and are very safe (if you are a Sunni). Some Kurdish areas are controlled by Kurdish Militias and are very safe (if you are a Kurd). Baghdad, parts of which are controlled by the Americans and by the Iraqi government are not really that safe for anyone. A huge percentage of Baghdad's pre-invasion population has been killed or driven away.

To this point, the United States have accepted only 700 Iraqi refugees (but are promising to increase that number in 2007). Neighbouring states have carried most of that burden thus far.

And what do you know? You've been told by many of the students? Try going there and seeing it for yourself!

Let's see. Oh, about 20+. Plus I have friends over there. Move along.

To this point, the United States have accepted only 700 Iraqi refugees (but are promising to increase that number in 2007). Neighbouring states have carried most of that burden thus far.

We have millions of uneducated Third Worlders streaming unchecked across our southern border bringing in crime, gangs, disease, and causing a huge strain on our social services.

We don't need more.

War isn't fun, who knew? But remember that the media doesn't report the news, they tell you what they hate try to make you hate it too.

It's not personal. They have to sell. It's perfectly acceptable business tactics.

At the moment being a leftist anti-Bush anti-war sells so they do that.

Have a look at articles from the start of the war (esp. about the French).

At the moment being a leftist anti-Bush anti-war sells so they do that.

Have a look at articles from the start of the war (esp. about the French).

Lets remember that opposition of the Iraq war, or George Bush's wars for Israel, is not something exclusively opposed by the left. I consider myself extremely conservative but I would never support a war for another country's interests while we pay the bill nor do I agree with the Neo-Con scum and their ability to shift millions of American jobs overseas, scream for third world immigration, fight other's wars, and other issues.

Lets remember that opposition of the Iraq war, or George Bush's wars for Israel, is not something exclusively opposed by the left. I consider myself extremely conservative but I would never support a war for another country's interests while we pay the bill nor do I agree with the Neo-Con scum and their ability to shift millions of American jobs overseas, scream for third world immigration, fight other's wars, and other issues.

Possibly, but the media generally doesn't care about exceptions, because they are not profitable. The current trend is that democrat = anti-war and the US media is mostly pro-democrat (with the exception of channels like Fox News).

It's the beauty of capitalism that being against your own country pays you money.