[UK] Which political party do you support?

Which major political party do you support?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which party do you support?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • I support a different party
    • I don't vote

You can still be outside of the EU but still have access to the EU Single Market by being a member of the EFTA like Norway are and the UK used to be. Also, part of being a democracy is having the vote, not using it because you think it's rubbish doesn't encourage democracy in any way.

yeah, it would be fine as long as we were in the single market, but UKIP wont do that either. thats the problem with them.

i see what you are saying about voting but i think they only way to make the political system get reformed (as in so we get to elect both houses of parliament and preferably seperate the government from from the legaslative bodies) is to show dissatisfaction with the current system by not voting at all.

yeah, it would be fine as long as we were in the single market, but UKIP wont do that either. thats the problem with them.

i see what you are saying about voting but i think they only way to make the political system get reformed (as in so we get to elect both houses of parliament and preferably seperate the government from from the legaslative bodies) is to show dissatisfaction with the current system by not voting at all.

Apathy changes nothing.

Lib dems probably.

Although, IMO, the state of politics is kind of dire.

the "opposition" shouldn't automatically oppose everything just because, despite their name. Party politics is a joke.

None. They are all lying ****ers out to line their own pockets.

And although the BNP are rascist, it may surprise a lot of people to know their support is very high in some areas. I think that if they weren't so overtly rascist, they would have bigger support. I agree with limiting immigration (like other countries do) to those that can add something to the community and not just let eveyone in. And whilst I do not agree with repatriation, I do think that those that are here just to sponge off the state should be sent back home. And those that were born here and just sponge off the state, should not get anything.

I totally agree with that.. at least they will say something and actually do it.

How about adding 'I vote, but don't follow a party'

This is the 4th poll I've seen today were poll makes struggle to add the correct options.

I totally agree with that.. at least they will say something and actually do it.

I help a mate out on a market/car boot stall and he mainly sells badges. A couple of the badges he has are BNP ones or ones like in my avatar. He doesn't like putting them out on display, but I sneek them out there and they do sell (quite well sometimes).

Nobody. I'm gonna get bent over and raped whichever I choose. The only significant change that I have seen to the UK in the last 5 or so years has been the public transport in London. All the old rubbish busses/trains/underground stations have been replaced with things looking very much nicer and modern. So Ken Livingstone, I congratulate you.

For the rest of the UK? Do we live in a democracy? I don't think so. The only democracy we see are the elections themselves.

Has to be Labour as I go to work and have a mortgage, I can't afford 15%+ interest rates the Tory's like and had last time, as true Tory's live of the interest on money they have in the bank, but none are really better than the other in the big picture.

It's the main reason the Tory's are after the younger student vote as they don't remember the devastation they caused the last time they had power. War's in other countries, cash for honours don't mean s**t when you can't afford to pay the mortgage.

Edited by kravex

Has to be Labour as I go to work and have a mortgage, I can't afford 15%+ interest rates the Tory's like and had last time, as true Tory's live of the interest on money they have in the bank, but none are really better than the other in the big picture.

So you then would remember the near 30% interest rate in the 70's under a Labour governemnt also, or as you are from a breed, of' my dad votes labour like his dad before, so I vote labour'.

Thats why labour lost the 79 general election.

So under a Labour government house prices have increased 125%.

I guess you must have been educated at a school run by a Labour council.

Whilst Bliar an ex Tory, then formed New Labour, is sticking his middle finger up at you.

The Bank of England set interest rates not political parties.

I'm not a fan of any party, but David Cameron is so ridiculously fake it makes me sick. You don't spend your life being a born-and-bred Tory and then all of a sudden that you care two ****s about the environment. He's saying all the right things and going through all the right motions, but if he were to be elected, it'd be straight back to the days of the Tory old guard.

He may bang on about how he wants to replace taxes with green taxes, but he hasn't said which; I'm certain that if he were to replace a tax with a green tax, he'd remove a tax on the rich and replace it with a green tax that hurts those less well off more.

The sickening thing is, people seem to be falling for his cheap words.

So you then would remember the near 30% interest rate in the 70's under a Labour governemnt also, or as you are from a breed, of' my dad votes labour like his dad before, so I vote labour'.

Thats why labour lost the 79 general election.

So under a Labour government house prices have increased 125%.

I guess you must have been educated at a school run by a Labour council.

Whilst Bliar an ex Tory, then formed New Labour, is sticking his middle finger up at you.

The Bank of England set interest rates not political parties.

In the early 70's ( when I was born) most working people didn't own their own homes as council estates weren't the same as they are now, but like I said there all as bad as each other in some way. the Bank of England sets interest rates because Labour handed the power over to them, I doubt a Tory Goverment would never keep that. As for house prices that's happened all over the world.

I grew up in a mining village and the day Dame Margret Thather dies (Dame? DAME!) the partys from there will be heard across the country.

In the early 70's ( when I was born) most working people didn't own their own homes as council estates weren't the same as they are now, but like I said there all as bad as each other in some way. the Bank of England sets interest rates because Labour handed the power over to them, I doubt a Tory Goverment would never keep that. As for house prices that's happened all over the world.

I grew up in a mining village and the day Dame Margret Thather dies (Dame? DAME!) the partys from there will be heard across the country.

She is Baroness Margaret Thatcher, not dame.

The mines were closing down as it was the tax payer subsidising the cost of getting fuel out of the ground.

MT gave everyone the opportunity to buy their homes they had probably already in rent paid for 10 fold.

So a house built in the 30'-40's costing around ?1500, then over 15 years you have already paid for the cost of the homes.

Arthur Scargill is to blame for the strikes, holding the government to ransom.

He through fear, intimidation and death threats prevented people from working, he was a terrorist.

Bank of England have always controlled interest rates.

Wishing death on someone is not on.

Saying there will be parties all over the country is b.s.

When MT took over control of the UK, we were about 30th on the world economy ladder thanks to Labour, over the years we have made it upto 4.

A lot of people owned their own homes in the 70's councils (Labour, Tory or whoever was in control) could not wait to throw them at the tenants.

They offered discounts of 86% as it was more economical for them to sell them off, due to repair costs, tenant disputes and housing benefit costs to name a few.

Every house were I live that was ex council is now Housing Association, the local council gave them to the Housing Association as the costs of keeping them fit to live in is too expensive compared to the rents.

No housing prices have not mirrored those in the UK around the world.

You should study why people want their own homes.

You will find, it gives them a choice, it gives them something to sell on when they reach old age to cover their living expenses.

Reality is under this labour government is they have not built many new ones and the ones that are vacant and not being used, the owners have not been forced to do them up and let them off.

As I said many times, I don't have any leaning to any political party I see Labour, I see greed, line their own pockets and spread crime, wars and high taxation.

Council tax has increaed 79% in 10 years.

Fuel duty has increased, fuel tax has increased.

Next interest rate will rise by 1%, will you be able to live in your house then?

And what would be the point in that?

to prove to the people of this country that the government are not some untouchable group that most people seem to think we put them there to do a job and pay attention to us and to what we want not what they want like they have been doing

Bank of England have always controlled interest rates.

Council tax has increaed 79% in 10 years.

Fuel duty has increased, fuel tax has increased.

Next interest rate will rise by 1%, will you be able to live in your house then?

Please get your facts right, you sound like a politician yourself when you come up with this kind of crap.

"Bank of England have always controlled interest rates." - BBC on this day: 1997 Brown sets Bank of England free

"Council tax has increaed 79% in 10 years." - Council Tax rates are not set by central government, they are set by local govermnent including the tory run councils. Labour introduced a council tax increase cap.

"Fuel duty has increased, fuel tax has increased." - Fuel Tax escalator introduced by Tories in 1993

"Next interest rate will rise by 1%, will you be able to live in your house then?" - As has already been said, the bank of england controls interest rates, not labour

Yes, the political parties cannot control them, they still can set interest rates without a political party getting involved, however the leader of the bank of England is usually connected to one political party or another.

Wow, leesmithg how much are your Troy membership fees?

Look don't get so wound up about things, politics is always a difference of opinion you can probably come up with a good reason for selling off all the public sector services, and just to correct you on a few things:

Bank of England have always controlled interest rates. (no, was handed over in 1997)

Council tax has increased 79% in 10 years. (invented by a Tory Government and councils raise them, the highest raises are by Tory and Lib Dems in an attempt to make Labour look worse, a trick Labour will use too when their not in power as well probably)

Next interest rate will rise by 1%, will you be able to live in your house then? (as it will be nowhere near 15%, yeah no problem)

Wishing death on someone is not on. (never did, said ' the day she', we all die at sometime)

Saying there will be parties all over the country is b.s. (again never did, said 'heard' not 'be')

Governments need to change every so often or they get complacent, the last Labour government was replaced because things were bad but then Labour didn?t get the biggest Landslide in history because the Tory?s were doing a good job either.

The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same.

Yes, the political parties cannot control them, they still can set interest rates without a political party getting involved, however the leader of the bank of England is usually connected to one political party or another.

Of course it is... :shiftyninja:

It's the main reason the Tory's are after the younger student vote as they don't remember the devastation they caused the last time they had power. War's in other countries, cash for honours don't mean s**t when you can't afford to pay the mortgage.

i notice you totally avoided the tax burden labour has imposed.

you can afford less now. congrats