Illegal Immigrants having Cell Phones

Teh phones have tracking devices in them . . .then they wonder how they are found.

lol all cell phones have tracking devices of some sort in them. thats how they figure out whether to charge you roaming or not...

even YOUR cell can be traced lol

and not all of them have sprint.

have you people never heard of PAY AS YOU GO?

7-11 sells these types of phones.

thats where i got mine.

Yeah, I just called Sprint--and you can get a phone with just a debit/credit card, no social, no ID required :(

u serious? that is messed up. Cingular and Tmobile have to do credit checks on you before you can buy ur cell phone. Some people have to pay deposits to get a phone!

makes no sense :p

When i singed up for Sprints service a few years back, they required ID and I believe a Credit Card...more recently a buddy of mine signed up with Sprint and was surprised to find out that they didn't need anything from him before he could sign up.

@ qdave

actually you dont have the RIGHT to have one it is still a privledge of those who can afford it

whats wrong with illegal immigrants and mobiles? everyone has the right to have one.

illegal immigrants have no rights :whistle:

[Thread Moved from MM to RWI]

Why should a private business be enforcing immigration laws with the customers? I can see the value in enforcing an employer to ask for a social security number and I can see why an employer should be punished for failing to hire legal immigrants with a valid SS card. I do not, however, see why citizenship would be required for a cell phone or to order lunch for that matter.

I don't see the problem with people (illegal immigrants included) having cell phones. Maybe you still think of it as a luxury item; they are not at the prices and usage cell phones are at now. If they're employed in construction I wouldn't be surprised if they're issued by the employer. We had work done our house and our contractor and just about everyone else had Nextel phones. Nextel is now Sprint. They could also probably pre-paid and yes, money earned through labor can be exchanged for goods and services. Oh wow. :o