[MMA] Dana White vs Tito Ortiz

LAS VEGAS �" Nevada regulators today approved an unusual grudge match between Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White and the "bad boy" of Huntington Beach, Calif., Tito Ortiz.

White is the 37-year-old president of the mixed-martial arts promotion company that has become a heavyweight in the pay-per-view business. Ortiz (15-5-0) is one of its toughest, most popular combatants.

Ortiz made the three-round match �" in which both fighters will box only, no grappling �" a condition of his recent contract negotiations.

White was once Ortiz' manager, but the two "had a real bad falling out" in 2003, White said.

"The last time Tito and I boxed was six years ago, and he's a lot better than he was six years ago," White said after a hearing at the Nevada Athletic Commission, which approved the fight 3-1. "I'm a lot older than I was six years ago, so we'll see."

Regulators expressed concern that White would be seriously hurt by Ortiz, 32.

But most commissioners were reassured by sparring tapes showing White in the ring against another heavyweight from two months ago. White said he's been training since last July.

"I've seen Tito as a boxer, and he's probably not as good as you are," commission chair Dr. Tony Alamo told White.

Ortiz will weigh in at 205 pounds, while White weighs 196 pounds, both the boxing equivalent of heavyweight fighters.

The fight March 24 will likely take place at the UFC training center in Las Vegas and be broadcast later on the company's Web site, www.ufc.com, the company said.

:laugh:..Ortiz could batter White but hope White Wins :D

• 3 weeks later...
The following is from Dave Meltzer's website, WrestlingObserver.com:

Is that Tito Ortiz no-showed the weigh-in and the fight never happened.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission was not happy with this turn of events as they had officials there. Dana White was there and got weighed-in. There was no communication from Ortiz as to why he wasn't there. Ortiz did call White and leave him a messages saying that he was letting him off the hook, but White didn't think that message meant he was cancelling the match.

Spike TV was scheduled to air a 90 minute television special building up the PPV of the fight.

What an Idiot...

I thought this was a joke but I guess its true. I want to see Ortiz get his teeth knocked out. It hard to say how good a fighter White is.

I don't really care about Tito Ortiz's side of the story, nor did I have any interest in this match, but some of you may be interested in this. Apparently Mr. Ortiz has a Myspace account and posted his side of the story on it. I found it via his community forum on www.TitoOrtiz.com. None of the forum members on his official site questioned the authenticity of the Myspace blog so I will assume he really wrote this.

Only doing business!!!!!!!!!!!

So, everyone is giving me **** for the Dana fight... No one knows what really went on.

Let me tell my side of what real went on. Me and Dana had this argeement to box eachother. I told Dana we should put it on video and sell it. He said "yes that a good idea". So Spike came to Big Bear before the Chuck fight for two days. Used my time from training to shoot for the Spike special. I said that was fine. I took two week off after the chuck fight. Then started my boxing training. You all have to understand that Dana was almost a pro boxer. I was going to take this fight serious. Jenna was helping me with the deal because I seen this as a big money maker. She ask if there was a contract for the fight? She made call's to dana to get the deal done. Craig from Spike called Jenna back to discuss is deal. She asked for executive producer rights for me. Since it was my idea. Help to promote Punishment Athletics for the fight and other deal points. Craig said he would talk to Dana and get back to us. After that I cancel a few appearance's that I had to do. Alot of money that was givin up. So I could train for the fight. I had to get all of my medicals done as a normal fight. I got my eye done then we got a call from Craig. He said that Dana say that they are not going to shoot the fight or cover it in anyway. So this was a real lose,lose situation for me. I lost out on money for appearances. Now I was losing out on promotion and big dollars for the PPV. He didn't want to cut me in on the deal. So as a business man I couldn't do the fight. I have a very big fight with Evans. Why would I risk my health and that fight for free? I wasn't going to make anything for it? I was not going to get taken advantage of as a fighter or a business man. You tell me if I made the right decision? Hopefully this will get ironed out and will be done right the next time. Just trying to do business.....

Tito Ortiz

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...e0-240feac16cb2

Wow that's awful grammar.

This spectacle won't be happening any time soon. The head doctor for the Nevada State Athletic Commission said he will not sanction this fight again, so unless they set this up elsewhere I doubt it will happen. Even then UFC wouldn't want to be seen badly in the eyes of the NSAC, seeing as they do hold grudges which is easy to see through boxing history. It was a dumb idea to begin with; it would have made UFC seem a lot like pro-wrestling rather than a legitimate sport.

I really wanted to see that fight...shame it didnt happen....hope it happens sometime down the line tho because that would own big time :D

...i will fight neobond for ?20, if it cheers u up...

We can post his ass whoopin on the webcast at the neoindex in amsterdam..

The Event for the evening at Neoinde:D:D

wonder what % warn i'd get for breaking a barstool over his nut live on webcam?

That made my day. You're killing me!

Quite the imagination you got there man. U sure you need to keynote at the special-smoke enhanced Amsterdam meeting?

U sure you need to keynote at the special-smoke enhanced Amsterdam meeting?

Im not certain im going yet.. need to find out where exactly the venue is... :shiftyninja:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't if you guys heard anything about this but look what I found.

Date: 04/12/2007 11:00 PM ET/PT

Event Type: Spike TV - Show

Bad Blood: Dana vs Tito

Premiere: Thursday, 4/12 at 11:00pm

Reairs: Friday, 4/13 at 12:00am and Saturday, 4/14 at 2:00pm

I don't if you guys heard anything about this but look what I found.

Date: 04/12/2007 11:00 PM ET/PT

Event Type: Spike TV - Show

Bad Blood: Dana vs Tito

Premiere: Thursday, 4/12 at 11:00pm

Reairs: Friday, 4/13 at 12:00am and Saturday, 4/14 at 2:00pm

Interesting...I wonder if the fight is back on...just a sidenote did you see Ortiz and his next opponent scuffle at the side of the octagon :laugh:

wow this was a waste of my night, I actually thought the fight was happening tonight not just a special about their history and dana's training for it also my dish had no description

ya it was announced last friday that he pulled out but I thought by watching commercials that this was actually the fight happening