Ripping Vocals from MP3s

Is it possible to rip Vocals from MP3s and make them sound like acapellas, i got a few instrumentals that i have come accross but i dont have the acapella to the tracks i want to mix in with them, was just wondering if this is possible and if it could be done with software and no fancy decks n stuff.

Yes, if you want free, I think audacity can do it. There's "Karaoke Mode/Filter" things in many sound editors including Adobe Audition.

They're not that great though. The sound will get all weak at best.

Is it possible to rip Vocals from MP3s and make them sound like acapellas, i got a few instrumentals that i have come accross but i dont have the acapella to the tracks i want to mix in with them, was just wondering if this is possible and if it could be done with software and no fancy decks n stuff.
If only this was an easy task. Read this post though, it may help http://scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=15979

For the most part it's impossible though (short of some really old tracks), since the vox share both stereo and frequency range, therefore, if you remove the instruments, part of the vox frequency goes too, making it sound all robotic and tinny.

P.S: The task is even harder with mp3's since a decent amount of frequency has already been removed (think of a wav as a real painting, and an mp3 as a print....they both look more or less the same, but with close inspection, you notice that a lot of the colour range, brush strokes, density etc of the real painting is missing from the print).

This is almost impossible, but there is a way I've heard of (havent tested though, but should theoretically work)

You need the instrumental, and the original track. You need to load them up in a audio editor/multitrack sequencer. Split the two stereo tracks, and make them both mono, invert one of them.... that should do it.

EDIT: My bad, look at Reverse Engineers link.... its what I said in more detail.