F1 World Championship 2007 Thread

Formula One World Championship 2007  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the world champion this year?

• F. Alonso
    • L. Hamilton
    • G. Fisichella
    • H. Kovalainen
    • F. Massa
    • K. Raikkonen
    • J. Button
    • R. Barrichello
    • N. Heidfield
    • someone else...
  2. 2. Which team will win the Constructors Cup?

• McLaren
    • Renault
    • Ferrari
    • Honda
    • BMW Sauber
    • Toyota
    • Red Bull
    • Williams
    • Torro Rosso
    • Spyker / Super Aguri

Good race between Lewis and Kimi. Shows what good racers they both are. Lewis should have been pitted the second Kimi got past though. His tyres were clearly useless, and with Kimi in front there was no reason to stay out losing time to him.

Those tyres have no rubber down the middle - it's the canvas below afaik. I agree with what Brundle said - his rear right probably punctured just before he entered, thus stopping him from turning left.

If I wasn't so trusting of Ron Dennis, I'd say that it had been done on purpose to benefit Alonso.

Possbile positions for interlagos:

Kimi finishes 2nd = 108 points

Alonso finishes 4th = 108 points

Hamilton finishes 8th = 108 points

And in that scenario, Raikkonen wins by having 5 race wins to the 4 of Alonso and Hamilton....

Possbile positions for interlagos:

Kimi finishes 2nd = 108 points

Alonso finishes 4th = 108 points

Hamilton finishes 8th = 108 points

And in that scenario, Raikkonen wins by having 5 race wins to the 4 of Alonso and Hamilton....

that's the LOST number!!!

Lols at Sutil taking the camera out. That was great.

Haha, that was great, although I don't think he took it out completely because a replay showed later he hit it then it switched to another shot because the camera shook.

I finished watching Japanese Grand Prix tape this morning, anyone else hear Mark Webber drop the f-bomb to Louise Goodman?

Kids isn't it? They do a good job than they go **** it all up.
(Referring to Vettel hitting him.

It was a great week for British sport..........almost.

Just shows how much young Lewis has to learn over these coming years. Although he thoroughly does deserve to win the title. McLaren have already paid because of the hefty fine (millions) and being knocked from the constructors championship. They'll have to find money somewhere to pay Alonso and Hamilton.

• 2 weeks later...

Button, Hamilton and Sato under investigation.

Honda?s Jenson Button, McLaren?s Lewis Hamilton and Super Aguri?s Takuma Sato are under investigation at Interlagos over an alleged breach of tyre regulations in Friday morning?s opening practice session.

All three drivers supposedly used two sets of wet-weather tyres, in contravention of Article 25.3 of the Formula One sporting regulations, which states: "No driver may use more than one set of wet and one set of extreme weather tyres during P1 and P2."

Stewards are expected to look into the matter following second practice. It is not yet clear whether the drivers involved will face any penalty.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/6997.html

Anybody but Raikkonen :angry:

I go to at least one Grand Prix per year (Spa in 2007) and it really **** me off to watch this guy not give grid interviews and on the drivers parade stand with his back to the crowd with his hands in his pockets and a scowl on his face :crazy: .

Hamilton can still do this, he just needs to pull something magical out of the hat!

I must say, did any one see that Japanese New Guy run over 2 members of his pit crew during his first ever F1 pit stop lol.