UFC 71 - May 26th

ufc71poster.jpg

Thats right, Chuck Liddell vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson for the light heavyweight title.

I literally cannot wait :D

Full list of fights so far..

UFC 71 May 26 in Las Vegas, Nev. (MGM Grand or Mandalay Bay)

Chuck Liddell vs. Quinton Jackson (light heavyweight championship)

Karo Parisyan vs. Josh Burkman

Keith Jardine vs. TBA

Sean Salmon vs. Eric Schafer

Chris Leben vs. Kalib Starnes

Ivan Salaverry vs. Terry Martin

Edited by Kriz

Here's a nice fan made photoshop...

4cki8pj.jpg

I love that!!!...this match is gonna be amazing as I said earlier I think Rampage is gonna own Chuck...Chucks Reign is coming to an abrupt end!!! :D

Oh man! This is huge! Chuck vs. Rampage is gonna be mad! Chuck is on fine form at the moment, but can he beat Rampage? Jackson is simply deadly! I cannot wait!

• 3 weeks later...
Undefeated light heavyweight Thiago Silva (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will makes his UFC debut at next month?s UFC 71 in Las Vegas, according to the latest rumor posted by MMAWeekly.com.

His opponent is not yet known, though fellow 205-pounder Keith Jardine is also on the card and in desperate need of an opponent. (Check out last week?s story for the as-of-yet unsuccessful search.)

The news of Silva?s Octagon debut was first reported by tateme.com late last week.

Silva, a Brazilian who trains with Chute Box, turned pro in September 2005 and has finished seven of his nine fights by knockout. He is the Fury Fighting Championships Grand Prix Champion for the 93-kilogram (205-pound) and lighter division. His most victory was over Tatsuya Mizuno (KO via soccer kick) in a February 2007 Pancrase event.

Based on video footage of his past few fights, Silva is an obvious hard hitter who looks very comfortable on his feet. He has a solid sprawl, good footwork and exceptional balance while delivering kicks.

UFC 71 takes place May 26 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The latest rumored fight card includes:

Chuck Liddell vs. Quinton Jackson (light heavyweight championship)

Keith Jardine vs. TBA

Karo Parisyan vs. Josh Burkman

Chris Leben vs. Kalib Starnes

Eric Schafer vs. Sean Salmon

Ivan Salaverry vs. Terry Martin

Thiago Silva vs. TBA

• 2 weeks later...

So, we've brushed aside the UK and it's back to Las Vegas...

I really hope this one lives up to it's billing! If it does, it's gonna be huge! Rampage is the only guy left who Chuck hasn't avenged a loss against. Question is, can he beat him, or will Quinton "whup Chuck's ass"?

I haven't seen any Jackson fights since he last beat Chuck, but with the confidence Chuck has going into this fight, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Chuck win, but only just...

I think he'll beat Jackson. Jackson hasn't looked that good. Liddell is going to have to take on the dream fights soon, let's get this one out of the way and bring on the fun fights. Wanderlei, CroCop, Fedor... he wants to fight them all. It'll be interesting if he does do CroCop/Fedor since he'll go up a weight class. I think Fedor will make him wish he didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

how "legit" is UFC. I always though it was very legit, but, then my friend was telling me that there was going to be a pay-per-view where the owner of UFC was going to fight someone, and it brought back memories of WWF.

how "legit" is UFC. I always though it was very legit, but, then my friend was telling me that there was going to be a pay-per-view where the owner of UFC was going to fight someone, and it brought back memories of WWF.

UFC is pretty legit....the Ortiz vs White thing is what you are on about I am sure was a bad blood thing where they don't get on so offered to take each other on in a boxing match but it didnt materialise because Ortiz didn't turn up...

Dana White used to be a semi-pro boxer, who was training to go pro, but was also involved in managing many fighters. As you can see, his drive led him to where he currently is a successful president for a major MMA fighting organization. Good choice. Tito Ortiz put into his latest contract a clause to fight White as a "get the bad blood out" fight. It was supposed to be a non-sanctioned fight in a gym as a "somewhat fun" way to get the stress over their bad relationship in the past. It got blown up because Tito started talking about how he was going to beat White's ass in the fight, mostly as a promotional thing to hype it up. White didn't think it was a huge promotional thing, it turned into one, and the Nevada Fight Commission got wind of it, then it became a huge deal. So... I would say Tito got a brain and decided he'd lose regardless. He'd either beat the UFC president's ass and lose some fanbase possibly, or LOSE to White, and look like a pansy. It never happened, and the Nevada Fight Commission got ****ed Tito didn't show up for the weigh-in.

It wasn't much of a WWF thing, it was actually a real boxing fight. Tito just got smart and realized the Dana was actually training very hard for the fight, and looking 100x better than he originally looked when the training began.

• 3 weeks later...

This is gonna be good, been waiting for this one. I think if Jackson takes it to Chuck right off the bat like he did in PRIDE, it'll be over. But who knows, it's MMA.

We got a huge party complete with soul food in Jackson's honor. Precooking the ribs right now. I'm rooting for Chuck though.

May it be a good one!