Anyone receive their prizes?

finally got a response too...

i think it's a generic response that she sends out. i'm hoping i get a 360 elite after all that waiting lol

I got the same e-mail response this morning to an e-mail I sent two weeks ago. Although it's almost word for word exactly the same, she obviously took the time to actually write it out because there are some grammatical differences.

In any case, i'm glad they're taking the time to keep us informed! I can't wait to finally get my copy of Vista Ultimate, so I don't have to keep formatting my hard drive every thirty days to bypass the trial evaluation period. ;)

I got the same e-mail response this morning to an e-mail I sent two weeks ago. Although it's almost word for word exactly the same, she obviously took the time to actually write it out because there are some grammatical differences.

In any case, i'm glad they're taking the time to keep us informed! I can't wait to finally get my copy of Vista Ultimate, so I don't have to keep formatting my hard drive every thirty days to bypass the trial evaluation period. ;)

I received the following e-mail also today without sending one lately. Been almost 8 weeks exactly since receiving a notice congratulating me on being a confirmed 2nd place prize winner after sending back the claim doc's. Reads the same as others here. A Proud Winner of Vista Ultimate and a Zune Player not yet received...Lol. you would think though that if you planned an elaborate marketing campaign game like Vanishingpoint that you wouldn't want to have the prizes vanish along w/ Loki once you confirmed all the big prize winners. I mean really now, how bloody hard could it be for MS to get a hold of a few (30) copies of Vista Ultimate? No wonder Bill is giving up the helm.

Cg~

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Dear Vanishing Point Sweepstakes Winner:

We are aware of the delays some winners have experienced in regards to receipt of prizes. Please be advised that Microsoft and Marden-Kane are working very hard to get the prizes into the hands of all our lucky winners and we expect to have all prizes delivered to the winners very soon. If you would like to check the status of your prize, please send an email to msinfo@mardenkane.com with your name and prize won. Please note only inquiries relating to prize winner status will be acknowledged.

On behalf of our client, Microsoft Corporation, we thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Marden-Kane Inc.

Administrator of the Microsoft Vanishing Point Sweepstakes."

you would think though that if you planned an elaborate marketing campaign game like Vanishingpoint that you wouldn't want to have the prizes vanish along w/ Loki

Haha- pretty funny. From now on, I'm calling it the Microsoft Vanishing Prize Sweepstakes. A couple of days ago, I wrote to Erica, got the same sort of response, and then got the other "msinfo" email. I sent an inquiry there too to see if I could find out anything more specific (since everyone was getting the same template response from Erica). Also, if they've started a "winners who are getting annoyed" list, I wanted to sign up. ;-)

Second place winner in Indiana, USA here. I received my Zune on the 15th, but I have not received my Windows Vista yet.

Keep an eye out for the delivery man!

Same- I'm a 2nd place winner and received my Zune yesterday, the 15th (shipped from Dell). Now, if I can just get my copy of Vista, the combined value of the prizes will exceed the amount of taxes I'm expected to pay. ;)

Now I'm very disappointed. My Xbox 360 came today...and it was the Core Edition.

Let's do the math:

MSRP of Windows Vista Ultimate: $399

MSRP of Xbox 360 Core Edition: $299

Total: $698

ARV of Second Prize (from my letter): $798

That obviously doesn't add up. I've already sent an email to Erica. One thing's for sure, I'm not paying taxes on $100 worth of prizes I didn't receive.

Okay, I'm less disappointed now. I just got the following email:

Dear Microsoft and AMD ?Vanishing Point? Sweepstakes Winner,

Please be advised that your prize, a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate and an Xbox 360 gaming console, is being sent to you in 2 separate shipments. The first package being sent to you is the Xbox 360 core console. The second will contain a copy of Vista, as well as a 20 GB hard drive, headset and wireless controller for your Xbox 360.

Sincerely,

Erica Valdellon

Marden-Kane Inc.

Why they couldn't just send a premium console (which would cost less than a core + accessories), I'll never know.

^ i got the same letter today, but i haven't received my prize yet. i agree that a premium would have been better. where are you from eoyount?

^ i got the same letter today, but i haven't received my prize yet. i agree that a premium would have been better. where are you from eoyount?

I'm in Raleigh, NC. The package came from Dell somewhere in Tennessee.

cool. i'm in san diego, california, so it might take a bit longer for my package to come. at least now we know they're sending the prizes.

Got this e-mail today, about time the grand prize winner got something

Please be advised that your Zune, copy of Office, Windows games and web

cam are being shipped this week by UPS Ground. Your Xbox is coming in a

separate shipment.

Sincerely,

Marden-Kane Inc.

Now I'm very disappointed. My Xbox 360 came today...and it was the Core Edition.

Let's do the math:

MSRP of Windows Vista Ultimate: $399

MSRP of Xbox 360 Core Edition: $299

Total: $698

ARV of Second Prize (from my letter): $798

That obviously doesn't add up. I've already sent an email to Erica. One thing's for sure, I'm not paying taxes on $100 worth of prizes I didn't receive.

Consider yourself lucky, I also won second prize, but I'm only getting:

Windows Vista Ultimate: $399

Iriver Clix: $199

total: $598

Maybe it will at least be the new generation 8gb clix, otherwise it's going on ebay

:D

I knew I was an alternate first place winner, but I still haven't received a letter from Marden Kane letting me know which prize I had won.

Today the wait is over! I received a package via UPS from Arrowhead promotion. It had a note inside that said:

CONGRATULATIONS!

As a first prize winner of the Microsoft and AMD "Vanishing Point"

Sweepstakes, enclosed please find your:

"Dell Windows Vista Laptop" Prize, consisting of a Dell Inspirion 1501 AMD powered Laptop, equipped with Windows Vista

(Please note that your Microsoft Zune digital media player, a Microsoft Xbox 360

gaming console, three (3) Games for Windows game titles, a Microsoft LifeCam VX-

6000 web cam and Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 software are being shipped in a

separate package shortly)

On behalf of Microsoft Corporation, we thank you for your participation in this

sweepstakes and wish you continued good fortune.

What was in the box: A Dell Inspirion 1501 laptop with Windows XP home loaded on it, Microsoft Vista ultimate, and a Dell laptop case.

I was hoping for the Dell desktop, but I really can't complain at all.

I hope everyone else receives their prizes soon!

-J

What was in the box: A Dell Inspirion 1501 laptop with Windows XP home loaded on it, Microsoft Vista ultimate, and a Dell laptop case.

I just turned it on, and Vista Ultimate is loaded on it. Even though the certificate of authenticity on the back is for XP home.

Also, as for stats... It's got the AMD Turion 64 processor (not dual core). They put in 2GB of RAM, but only an 80GB HDD. Almost 20GB is already taken with Vista.

Pretty Cool! :)

well i got part of my prize today. got home and i saw a box from dell sitting at my front door. inside was my 360 core. still waiting for vista ultimate, along with the other stuff for the 360.

Very odd that they're sending core systems with the accessories separately. I suppose the core systems and 20 GB hard drives aren't huge sellers so perhaps Dell and/or Microsoft prefered to do it this way (rather than shipping out premiums). Just a guess, but it's the only explanation I can think of. Wacky.

i guess them sending out the core was a little blessing in disguise. i sold the core for $275, and i still have the hard drive and wireless controller coming. when the hard drive arrives, i'm planning to stick it onto my premium then sell the system. i'll get to keep my original hard drive with all my saves and i can buy a new elite :)

I just received an automated phone call from UPS informing me that they will be making a delivery to me that requires a signature. I'm not expecting anything except my Windows Vista Ultimate. The call showed on my phone as coming from North Carolina. I'm in Indiana.

Watch for deliveries and answer your phones!

:woot:

Nope, just Vista.

have you gotten your 360 accessories yet? or even any info on when they'll come? i just received my copy of vista 2 days ago. no hard drive or controller for the 360 yet :(

Got an e-mail today from Erica at Marden-Kane:

The following has been shipped to you via UPS,

-A Microsoft Zune digital media player

-A Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console

-Xbox 360 accessories (20 GB hard drive, wireless controller, headset)

-Three (3) Windows game titles (one copy of Flight Sim, one copy of Age

of Empires, and one copy of Zoo Tycoon)

-A copy of Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 software

Your Dell Media Center is scheduled to ship the week of June 11, 2007.

Your LifeCam will ship in a separate package next week.

Sincerely,

Erica Valdellon

Marden-Kane Inc.

I'm so happy. It looks like it was shipped via Next Day Air so it should be here tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday.

Just got the following from the UPS man. My new best friend.

-A Microsoft Zune digital media player

-A Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console

-Xbox 360 accessories (20 GB hard drive, XBox 360 controller, headset)

-Three (3) Windows game titles (one copy of Flight Sim X Deluxe edition, one copy of Age

of Empires III, and one copy of Zoo Tycoon 2)

-A copy of Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 software

Got my Iriver Clix and Windows Vista Ultimate. This is actually a nice surprise they sent the Iriver Clix Gen 2 which must have just come out, it looks pretty sharp and even Cnet gave it high praise. I was going to sell it, but now I think I'm going to keep it as it may rival my Ipod Nano.