Palm Inc. expected to be taken over this week

NEW YORK - Nokia and up to three other potential bidders are interested in buying Palm Inc., which could be sold for some $2 billion as early as this week, a technology news Web site said.

Unstrung.com quoted unidentified sources close to the situation as saying Palm?s management preferred a private equity buyer. It speculated that Texas Pacific Group and Silver Lake Partners were among the private equity firms interested.

Another bidder for Palm, which makes the Treo smartphone and other handheld digital devices, may be Motorola Inc., the site said.

Full article: MSNBC.com

If palm handhelds or software goes away then all we have left if windows mobile.

Honestly I wouldn't mind... Palm's software seems to have just stopped in time as far as advancements go... Windows Mobile seems to keep evolving and getting better while Palm hasn't changed much.

Honestly I wouldn't mind... Palm's software seems to have just stopped in time as far as advancements go... Windows Mobile seems to keep evolving and getting better while Palm hasn't changed much.

Thats Access formally Palm Source. Its a different company. This is just palm hardware.

I'm hoping it's Nokia, i like their phones (i haven't managed to kill one yet).

Also hope Palm or whoever it is, gets around to getting the OS based on Linux finished, an officially supported Linux distribution for Palm devices would make it attractive to the hacker crowd.

I'm hoping it's Nokia, i like their phones (i haven't managed to kill one yet).

Also hope Palm or whoever it is, gets around to getting the OS based on Linux finished, an officially supported Linux distribution for Palm devices would make it attractive to the hacker crowd.

Yes i am hoping that as well.

Thats Access formally Palm Source. Its a different company. This is just palm hardware.

Oh, never mind then. Well I still wouldn't mind, but hopefully it's Nokia because they make very attractive hardware.