The Best Gaming Computer Desk

nice setup man, is the mac mini outputting to 2 lcds? how did u do that? also is that a powerbook?

Nop, thats a MPB. Really a nice setup....but its not the table that counts! ;)

Yeah that one looks good in black.

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/21529_PE118490_S4.jpg

Have it and love it. its got just enough space underneath the top peice to allow you to use a 40" LCD TV as your monitor... or two 21" LCD screens. Its also deep enough to be able to move everything out of the way and use it for writing, sketching, etc. very practicle. Only thing that sucks about it is moving it around the house. Putting that thing back together was a chore I never want to go through again.

I got my desk from IKEA, and it's made up from a VIKA AMON top and four VIKA CURRY legs. There's a ton of room on top. I have two 20" widescreens, my laptop, and four external drives with room for more.

Desk.jpg

Good lord thats a nice setup my friend!

nice setup man, is the mac mini outputting to 2 lcds? how did u do that? also is that a powerbook?

As you said in a later post, the Mini is using the left screen, and the MacBook Pro is using the right. (Y)

Good lord thats a nice setup my friend!

i also swear by the ikea jerker desks stated in the first reply or 2. Basically you just need a big smooth flat area. the jerker desk is quality stuff. not like cheaper ikea desks, or most of what staples, OD, OM, have.

• 4 weeks later...
deksaf8.jpg

there's not alot of stuff on there, but i love it, perfectly curved. (and yes, i also love the view :p)

Where can I get a desk like this Hero? I check Ikea and I can't find any with the curve. I really like it.

I found this thread from google by the way. I just searched for best computer gaming desk

i also swear by the ikea jerker desks stated in the first reply or 2. Basically you just need a big smooth flat area. the jerker desk is quality stuff. not like cheaper ikea desks, or most of what staples, OD, OM, have.

so it looks like you can't buy the jerker anymore...?

tbh i never thought finding a decent desk would be this hard, but apparently i was wrong :x

edit:

think a 22" WS would fit in the main display area of this desk? (says max 19", but seems larger)

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/39040_PE131253_S4.jpg

Edited by amking

I want one kinda like this desk from Argos, but i want one more focused on being an actual corner desk so I'm actually facing into the corner with an equal amount of desk each side of me..... And I don't any tacky shelves or drawers, just a pure, flat surface for my monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers.

I want one kinda like this desk from Argos, but i want one more focused on being an actual corner desk so I'm actually facing into the corner with an equal amount of desk each side of me..... And I don't any tacky shelves or drawers, just a pure, flat surface for my monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers.

yep, that's my goal (an equal sided sturdy & flat L desk for a corner), however i haven't had much luck searching and am looking @ a one sided desk from ikea, or a cheap one elsewhere.

its my first time living in a truly unfurnished apt, and acquiring decent (non electronic) stuff is slightly more difficult than i had imagined D:

I have recently moved into my first place myself and am having great fun trying to afford everything I need like dvd racks, desk, coffee table etc..... Still I'll get there eventually :p

Where can I get a desk like this Hero? I check Ikea and I can't find any with the curve. I really like it.

I found this thread from google by the way. I just searched for best computer gaming desk

That roof outside the window (unless it's something else) is really badly designed. Water pools and just sits there. Great way to get leaks. I hate seeing stuff like that.

• 1 year later...
Ok guys I need a little help. I have been doing some looking around trying to find that desk that is everything I have ever dreamed of in a computer desk and cant find it. What I need you to do is use this tread to post the desks that you like the most. I am looking for a Black and Silver Metal Desk that has alot of room for keyboards, a joystick, multiple flat screens and two towers. Thanks Guys

http://www.thev1chair.com/

Unbeatable!!

Unbeatable except it costs more than my pc and probably anything else I want to put on top of it.

PCs are not made to last a life time either!

I have an U-shaped desk. Plenty of room for my needs. (I mean a lot of room!) Got it for about $700. The colors on desk are: Gray with black trim and black legs if you know what I meant.

I am using this side of the desk for computing. Other side is for computer repairs. I have 2 22" monitors and a 19" monitor on this side. Other 19" monitor is on other side.

It has keyboard tray but I am not using it. I kept it off. Also the shelf thing that mounts on desk. It is not being used. I put it somewhere else in storage.

I will try to find a pic of full view of my desk. I have pics of my desk with monitors here which is not full view.

I have been using this desk since '97!

• Like 1