The Best Gaming Computer Desk

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!!

Ha, Ha, It's the ongoing pursuit for the perfect workstation at a reasonable price. This topic will never die until the v1 is under $100.00!

• 4 weeks later...

personally i couldn't stand something like the v1 but then again im not a hardcore gamer either^^ as of the moment im using a cheapo $30 table from wal-mart , I am however <- If i can ever get any money^^, going to build my own computer and probably my own desk my room is setup really weird so if i want a decent desk in the corner that i want it i would need to build my own ( It has two windows right next to each other in the corner...)

Anyway i would build something like this....

szhxndxksmmws.png

now keep in mind i didn't use any auto cad to do this picture^^. also the cd try as i called it could be placed under the desk on the opposite side of the tower stand and the small slot that would be for the very odd powerstrip i picked up at salvation army for 2$ looks kinda like a closed laptop but with a few buttons on the front, i always shut off the powerstrip when i turn off my computer saves suspend juice and on the power bill^^

If you really wanted to get fancy with it you could do something like this instead of just painted plywood...

szhxndxksmmwsz.png

1. a nice peice of very thin wood usualy a hard wood, generally called vaneer <- suck at spelling

glued to the top of the osb or plywood.

2. fancied up edge easily done with a router <-just ask your local hardware store rep for what you'll need

3. some simple matching to the hardwood veneer <-hey it spell checked it^^ peices of 1x2s should work

Give me feed back

That roof outside the window (unless it's something else) is really badly designed. Water pools and just sits there. Great way to get leaks. I hate seeing stuff like that.

it's been like that for 8 years, not a single leak :p

• 2 months later...
I got my desk from IKEA, and it's made up from a VIKA AMON top and four VIKA CURRY legs. There's a ton of room on top. I have two 20" widescreens, my laptop, and four external drives with room for more.

Desk.jpg

how high would you say it is? How sturdy is it? I joined just to ask, I'll be sure check out the entire site though.

I'm thinking about getting it in all black. I need to make sure though my IKEA store is like 45 minutes away :)

• 1 month later...

So, I know this thread is kinda old, but I need a better desk still ..

This is the desk that I use now, it's a great desk, just need something a bit different. http://www.staples.com/Z-Line-Pacific-Comp...DP4541:CL164554

I don't know how they got the tower to stay without falling off the edge down there. I removed the glass shelf so that I could fit both of my 22" monitors side by side. I like the L shaped desks, but I can't find one to my needs. I want to have my tower off the ground, so a stand underneath would be nice or I could put it up top, just as long as I still have plenty of space :/

You got that right :D

30875_PE078748_S4.jpg

Solid and simple just like I like it. I don't need a Star Wars hangar bay with pipes going everywhere.

Im using that in Black, have a 42" TV and a 22" Monitor on it all comfy and fine :) Had mine 5-yrs now and there pro

Can't beat this one:

4015750693_5eb403013f.jpg

Got it off a mate for ?20, he got it from Ikea for about ?70 I think!

EDIT

Just read up and realised this is an IKEA MIKAEL as well haha, with the additional top part (no idea what the name is but it'll be on show I expect, or an option at least)

Edited by pasty2k2

My dad built this desk when I was a kid. He have now a bigger desk and gave this to me.

This photo is very old. The shelf where the printer was sitting on is sawed off (with dad's permission of course) and the PC case is in it's place. This is my old computer, I long since got a new PC now.

pcdesk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

post-317134-1257210137_thumb.jpg

This is what I have. This beastly piece of material is the V1 flagship edition. Custom paint, a seat straight out of a lambroghini, and room for three monitors and countless towers. This is truelly the ultimate desktop.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't think there is a 'best desk' which will suit everyone, it's more personal preference and what you find most comfortable at the end of the day. Obviously having one that's big enough is key, but other than that it's what you prefer.

• Like 3

I used to have a glass desk, nothing fancy. Was 6ft wide, 3ft deep. Was perfect for me because im mega OCD about empty space ie I LOVE IT. 3 21" montors at the back of the desk, keyboard, mouse, mat, cable organiser in between monitors for my cables for my phone and my mp3 player - DONE

holy thread ressurrection batman, also I use a rather large desk that was build long before personal computers were around.