TheWorld Browser

Introducting someting with a poor foreign language to some stubborn people is too silly,whatever i said,you still think that`s a ad.,i won`t introduce Theworld for you.

It`s only another choice,if somebody is interested in it,just try it.

That`s all.

ok, i just tried it.

the tabs are a little wack, they rezise according to title..... so there all difference sizes, when u click the 'home' button it opens a new tab.

the only real advantage i can see right now is portability, its about 440kbs and its just one executable then it creates a settings file in the folder, so...3 files after u execute it.

ok, i just tried it.

the tabs are a little wack, they rezise according to title..... so there all difference sizes, when u click the 'home' button it opens a new tab.

the only real advantage i can see right now is portability, its about 440kbs and its just one executable then it creates a settings file in the folder, so...3 files after u execute it.

All of those settings can be configured. Open up the advanced settings page, it's a lot like the maxthon 2 setup page. You can change the max tab width, the setting of the home button etc.

Njlouch, dude just download the frickin' thing if you're at all interested. It's <500 kb and you could have tried the damn thing out to it's fullest extent by now. If you're just the typical FF fanboy trying to stir something up hit your ****ing back button and leave.

ok, i just tried it.

input tw:conf to the address field and enter

travel over the options

take some pains please

"The second multi-thread frame browser in the world(the first is Internet Explorer 7.0)"

It fails because of that statement. Tabbed browsing has been around for forever.

I guess Multi-threading means multi process which would be very useful for when

a slow loading page hangs all tabs on most browsers until it is fully rendered, or in extreme examples locks the browser entirely.

A discussion on multi-threading here.

http://forum.maxthon.com/lofiversion/index.php/t26295.html

Edited by Arrow

Wow I cant believe this, making fake accounts to spam the shell. Stop it ok? We've had enough already. Your so called TheWorld "browser" sucks, if only for the fact that it's a Trident shell, not to mention that both you and your shell are amateurish. Just, go away.

Your comments follow mine but I'll take it you are referring to a previous poster and continue with my assessment of this browser.

Well............... I've used use k-meleon, firefox, opera, maxthon and many other browsers for ages and I'd say this is also a good browser.

Whilst this 2.0 beta features are still a bit limited compared to some of the 1x series features, the blockers and filters work very well and it is very fast with ie7 installed.

I don't like the new toolbar layout particularly and hope that the bars can be fully dragged around in future.

The tabs displayed side by side are a good feature. [alt+ left click tab]

I have around 20 url hotkeys configured in k-meleon and now find them indispensable on any browser, I prefer to do as much as possible from the keyboard rather than the mouse - so thats also winner with theworld.

Especially launching groups of tabs from individual hotkeys.

Tho' if they could transfer the full extended url hotkey dialogue from the 1x series (where i have around 35 hotkeys set up) into 2.0, it would suit me better.

The old Options dialogues were better too.

Saving images or files by holding alt & left clicking on them is neat and saves hassle.

The address bar search works very well without having to use aliases and saves toolbar space by being able to dispense with the search box entirely and using just the search icon or Go/Enter in conjunction with the address bar for searches.

The Super drag & drop is top notch whereas it can be a bit iffy sometimes on some other browsers

I like that I am able to open everything I left click on in a new foreground tab and close tabs with right click, Then assigning middle click to opening new tabs in background

Undo - last closed tab (and from a list of recent tabs) is also on Maxthon etc and on Hao's k-meleonCCF version and is one of the most useful browser features going.

It looks from the forum that there are many plugins which are naturally chinese specific ie news, weather etc therefore an extended list of more global plugins with english gui's on the main website would be welcome.

Same goes for non chinese skins.

Edited by Arrow

Not bad for a start, the browser work well, but it feels like a Maxthon 2.0 Lite or rip. I mean, it's almost the same look and feel with... less features :/

Not bad for a start, the browser work well, but it feels like a Maxthon 2.0 Lite or rip. I mean, it's almost the same look and feel with... less features :/

Ditto

This is a good introduction for Theworld,I hope you would like to see it.

PS.Theworld 2.0 was born before Maxthon 2.0,and most of browsers have the same looks.

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/T...iew-51204.shtml

Ok, I've tested it.

It offers less than the big browsers out there. By big I mean FF, IE and O.

Tabs resize depending on the text which looks silly

The tablist is just the long way around clicking a tab

When tabs exceed the screen, no way to determin the last from first when scrolling

Plugin bar doesn't show up

Middle click not a default setting

Doesn't catch pop unders

lots of probs.

Stick with IE, FF, O and if you want a Shell. Maxthon.

This is a good introduction for Theworld,I hope you would like to see it.

PS.Theworld 2.0 was born before Maxthon 2.0,and most of browsers have the same looks.

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/T...iew-51204.shtml

Ok, I've tested it.

It offers less than the big browsers out there. By big I mean FF, IE and O.

Tabs resize depending on the text which looks silly

The tablist is just the long way around clicking a tab

When tabs exceed the screen, no way to determin the last from first when scrolling

Plugin bar doesn't show up

Middle click not a default setting

Doesn't catch pop unders

lots of probs.

Stick with IE, FF, O and if you want a Shell. Maxthon.

And to add to that list from the link the first user so graciously provided.

The Good

The application is highly stable and behaves like no other. The number of features that make it extremely flexible fill the gap available in similar applications. Based on IE7, TheWorld Browser completes the suite of options and functionality every user is looking for.

The Bad

There still are issues to be considered and one of them is allowing the user much more freedom in configuring the ad-filter. But this is a problem with most browsers.

A help file wouldn't hurt a bit. Some of the users may feel the need of reading the explanation of the options as the developer intended them to be used.

Support for English in the forum would expand the market niche and more users will be able to contribute to its development.

The resource use is still pretty high. I opened a single tab and TheWorld Browser asked a bit over 55MB tribute. It is true that IE7 was a little under this value, but Maxthon ate only 46MB with four tabs opened.

The download tool provided by the program does not estimate the downloading time.

No thanks.

Oh my,its great when I use the browser first ,its amazing and just pull me try it anymore time.The Tab stick is not the probs for Im used 2 mouse around all the screen,the shortcut key let me crazy and I really dont know why there is plenty of guys like this?

I just know the double click closed the current window is convenience 2 me.Ok,another Cz,get a page everyone like to fix it,point the resource could get the info like IE7,jaja ,the downloadtools that lie embedded in it make me content for I have not reason 2 use ano software 2 do this,perfect.

Of cz still sth make me feel not good,for exam get a flash or ad float site,its always manifest slow.lol~But I really like the browser,at least not bad. :)

How come the world browser was developed before Maxthon 2 and it uses Maxthon plugins' API? Not to mention the options page opened as a html page, The tab groups..etc etc, Give me a break.

Maxthon is borned before TheWorld, but not Maxthon2 and TheWorld2 . options with html page is popular today, many software is using it.

I decided to download this browser and give it a fair shot. I like it a lot, but is it possible to add an option under tabs that doesn't create a new tab when you click on a bookmark, instead have it to overwrite the current tab? I looked all thru the settings, and I don't see an option for that anywhere. It's a very good browser. :)

How do you konw NOT?

They are all IE shell and can be found common ground on some plugins that is general knowledge, need not mention it here. You can ask the author of MT or fans about it.

你以为你是谁,大家忙着骗你巴结你来着?不懂就算了,爱用不用关我干系。SB!

Translation for the Chinese part: "Who do you think you are? Everyone busy making up lies to convince you to use it? Whatever if you dont understand, it's not my problem if you dont use it. Dumb c*ck!"

Does that deserve a report? Yea I'll report it anyways.

I decided to download this browser and give it a fair shot. I like it a lot, but is it possible to add an option under tabs that doesn't create a new tab when you click on a bookmark, instead have it to overwrite the current tab? I looked all thru the settings, and I don't see an option for that anywhere. It's a very good browser. :)

May be this is you want

post-103619-1175828318_thumb.jpg

May be this is you want

Thanks! I really feel stupid now. :laugh: I don't know how I overlooked that! Thanks again. :)

Does that deserve a report? Yea I'll report it anyways.

Very nice way to present their "cloned" browser.

Thanks for the translation & reporting BTW, I wonder when those retards would be banned.

I just decided to try TheWorld Browser and damn if I didnt find my new favorite. This sucker flies! Holy crap, I did not expect this at all! Im gonna use it exclusively all day and see if I still feel the same way, but as it is this is an excellent surprise. This thing feels so dang light and fast.