TheWorld Browser

If everytime you see someone with less than 20 posts supporting an idea, you think the creator of that idea has registered a new account, then you are a piece of you-know-wat!

There is no such thing as the best browser in the world, the best browser is the one that suits you. TheWorld is what...around 500 KB big? Plus you don't need to install it, just download, unzip, and run. So why not give it a try other than being a wining baby?

I know there are translation errors on the main page, but believe me the staffs are working very hard atm on improving every part that you guys feel uncomfortable about.

Regards,

ice

Ugh, lots of spam in here.

And it's only ever going to be as fast as Trident is on your system, so all these claims of vast speed improvements over IE should be taken with a grain of salt.

Hey everyone, If anyone has recently tried to visit the world website you may have noticed that the website is completely in chinese. Well... After numerous emails with pheonix, the lead developer of the world browser. I recieived permission to pust up a section of my site that will work as the "non-official" English home of the world web browser. It will have forums, chat, a skin section and a plugin section. And best of all.. Its in English!! Im still working on it and ill post again when I open it up with the url.

Attn Mods: I dont mean this to be spam so please let me know if it is. I just wanted to inform people who are looking for an english site. This was not intended to advertise, thanks.

I have tried numerous times over the course of a week or so and I absolutely cannot get the site to load. Is there anywhere I can download this other than their site?

I actually tried this out as well. I have to say, a real strong competitor when it comes to Maxthon vs. The World. I really like how lite it is, just an exe (which turns into a total of 4 files when you first run it) to run the entire browser. It seems quick for a shell, but does everything I need it to do. Nicely done. I would like to see the ability to set tabs to have a custom name rather than what the web page title is. But, other than that, keep it up guys!

I actually tried this out as well. I have to say, a real strong competitor when it comes to Maxthon vs. The World. I really like how lite it is, just an exe (which turns into a total of 4 files when you first run it) to run the entire browser. It seems quick for a shell, but does everything I need it to do. Nicely done. I would like to see the ability to set tabs to have a custom name rather than what the web page title is. But, other than that, keep it up guys!

Yeah I agree I use it if I have to use IE for anything (Y)

aaaaand another signup to talk up the browser.

Could this be classed as Spam? No?

Call it Spam then...as you like.

I am sorry that all the TheWorld Users back in China make you feel it that way...

They are newly registered account. But,no..they are not one person making different accounts.

And as for me, you can see I registered last year but only post once.

That's because it's very hard to open a webpage on a faraway host.

And I don't bother to make a post unless I saw something really upsetting!!!

Actually XiaoC here in the third page of the post is one of the developers of the software.

Others are just users of theworld.

Edited by puvenlee