Windows Live Hotmail Update

Yes it is Verdana; I remember readiong it in a blog (I think it was the official one).

And techdude6371, that realy did make me pmsl lol. I get the impression you are being sarcastic? Very funny.

However, if you think about it:

WLH said on thier official blog that they are chagning the name becuase of the amount and type of feedback they got about it. Therefore if 220 million of us (or maybe a lil less :-p) said how much we hate it on the "Feedback" website, there IS a good chance that they may change it soon. (Maybe after a year or maybe before...)

this whole live thing is crap!!

where is my free gift?

its a ugly design, backwards not forwards!!!!!!!

You're just one of these people that only get into betas thinking they'll get a free gift in the end. Microsoft has never said you'd get free gifts for beta testing all their software. They only do it with select betas and usually only if that beta test brought in a lot of good feedback and bug reports. It's people like you that make it near impossible for people who actually want to test software to get into betas.

Get over it.

You're just one of these people that only get into betas thinking they'll get a free gift in the end. Microsoft has never said you'd get free gifts for beta testing all their software. They only do it with select betas and usually only if that beta test brought in a lot of good feedback and bug reports. It's people like you that make it near impossible for people who actually want to test software to get into betas.

Get over it.

thats bull****

ive been testing for msn for years!!!

ive always gave good info..

got invited to a number of meetings and openings!

just because you can get one doesnt mean you have to pms all over me!

touch luck!

i still think i derserve something free!!

:woot:

Why do you think you deserve something free?

Why can't you just beta test WLHotmail for the fun of it and for the first look at new builds?

I've given a lot of beta feedback, but I don't expect a free gift, I am just grateful that MS allowed me to get on the beta when it first came out in November 2005.

There are 5 million+ people now using WLHotmail beta and the majority are probably sending a lot of feedback; do you really think MS would be able to provide free gifts for 5 million+ users of WLH and free gifts for beta testers of other services/software?

Grow up and start enjoying beta testing, not sitting there being sad because you can't get a free gift.

Also I have to disagree strongly:

I think the design is a wonderful step forward! Not a step backwards. Features such as the reading pain, dragging and dropping and checkboxes make WLH much better than MSN Hotmail and the interface is better (They just need to tweak some of the themes a little more, such as the black theme).

117 has it, I don't like it. I think I like Live Mail less and less everytime they do a new milestone.

It's still better then gmail though.

I'm affraid i have to agree with you. After the latest update i went and had a look at other e-mial services and have found Yahoo mail and i'm now using that for my e-mail. The features are much better; address guard is a godsend and free pop 3 access so i can use outlook instead of WLMD is fantastic.

LOL just logged in and get presented with an advert right across the page :|

thats something i hated about mail tooo, plus theres no easy way to upgrade so you dont have the ads. With yahoo i signed up to thier beta then simply clicked upgrade to play 11 pounds for add free, feature rich e-mail!

We might be getting gifts. I received an email last week thanking me for testing Windows Live Hotmail and they also wanted some feedback and people that would be willing to speak to the media about it. Unfortunately by time I had checked my email it was past the deadline they wanted replies by.

In the email it also had this:

As an extra thank-you for your ongoing support for Windows Live Hotmail, we?ve commissioned a special set of merchandise which we?ll send out to you to express our ongoing gratitude to having you on the team.

Not sure if the gifts are going to anyone that received this email or just those who replied with feedback.

We might be getting gifts. I received an email last week thanking me for testing Windows Live Hotmail and they also wanted some feedback and people that would be willing to speak to the media about it. Unfortunately by time I had checked my email it was past the deadline they wanted replies by.

In the email it also had this:

Not sure if the gifts are going to anyone that received this email or just those who replied with feedback.

I got that, it was being handled by a third party marketing company i believe, so quite possibly they'll only send gifts to people who help them.

how come i never get emails from MS, i've been a tester since they announced the beta

LOL just logged in and get presented with an advert right across the page :|

th_Clipboard01-4.jpg

I have also had this a few times, but hardly at all. I'm hoping this is just a bug or something (allthough I doubt it lol), but it is very ugly and would be a hindrence definately. It better not be there in the final version!

How can you tell if your bay has been updated?

The best way to tell is if you look in the status bar when you hover over a folder.

It should say something like "ApplicationMain_11.10.0000.0095" in the middle of the URL.

That is the current build. With the last one it said something like "11.9.00", but the build number will change everytime there is a new milestone realeased

Edited by Guest

Why do you think you deserve something free?

Why can't you just beta test WLHotmail for the fun of it and for the first look at new builds?

I've given a lot of beta feedback, but I don't expect a free gift, I am just grateful that MS allowed me to get on the beta when it first came out in November 2005.

There are 5 million+ people now using WLHotmail beta and the majority are probably sending a lot of feedback; do you really think MS would be able to provide free gifts for 5 million+ users of WLH and free gifts for beta testers of other services/software?

Grow up and start enjoying beta testing, not sitting there being sad because you can't get a free gift.

Also I have to disagree strongly:

I think the design is a wonderful step forward! Not a step backwards. Features such as the reading pain, dragging and dropping and checkboxes make WLH much better than MSN Hotmail and the interface is better (They just need to tweak some of the themes a little more, such as the black theme).

dont care what you th:)k :)

also i said DESIGN , in terms of features it is forward

DESIGN/STYLE its back to windows 98!

I want free stuff!

i brought my dam copy of windows, they make money from MSN messenger and hotmail, so why cant i have a piece of the pie?

My BETA-tag is off...

You can already register @hotmail.com-accounts directly in Belgium, and WLHmPlus is online (which has 4GB storage)

EDIT: You can register @live.nl-accounts!