Netscape 8.1.3

Netscape 8.1.3

Updated: April 2, 2007 | Freeware | 18.30MB

Netscape began by trying to make an Internet that users found easy to use. Today we offer integrations of intuitive digital tools, innovative attractions and infinite media content. The revolutionary new Netscape Browser 8.1 provides more security options, streamlines more standard browsing tasks and arms internet users with more timesaving solutions to their browsing needs.

No changelog available, sorry.

animation.gif

Download: Netscape 8.1.3

Homepage: Netscape

Screenshots: 1 | 2

Source: filehippo.com

damn, people still use this crap? :blink:

Well I installed a few hours ago, I do not use it for browsing, once did when it was 4.7.9, that was a good version, I only use it to check web pages I make.

Based on mozilla and you can use the IE engine, very queer.

Who cares if it's still being developed? It's yet another choice for people. Some people will use this, others won't.

It does amaze me people will still complain about free software, that gives more people choice. Makes one ponder hmmmmmmmm.

Overall Netscape 8 (haven't used it since 8.1 was released) is very nice, not nearly as sweet as Openride from AOL, but since it does use Firefox as its base engine, it does render well and runs fairly fast. Plus the UI is pretty nice also, and has some pretty good features built in that AOL added.

I tried Netscape 8, and then 8.1, and really wasnt impressed. Terrible release.

From what i've seen/heard about Netscape 9 though, that should rock :yes: (Due in a few weeks iirc)

Netscape 9 is the first Netscape release for years that i'm actually excited about! :D

It does amaze me people will still complain about free software, that gives more people choice. Makes one ponder hmmmmmmmm.

you're right... go Netscape...

If I were in the development team... I would focus in performance... (less bloated...) instead of adding multiple rendering engines, skins... and all that kind of things...

Using it now, and its not to bad. I don't think it will be my fav browser, but its not to bad. Haven't used netscape since 4.something. I think they have done an alright job.

i remember using this bogus explorer back in elementary school... i didn't think it was actually used for personal use! damn.. this company needs to close

yeah i like the whole look of Netscape and its cross-platform rendering engine stuff but it was a memory sucker.

Probly check out Netscape 9 when its out.

No changelog available, sorry.

I wonder if anyone cares about its changelog. :laugh:

Anyway, if I recall right, it's probably usable especially for dual browsing and that's pretty much that.

I thought they gave up on this one too though... AOL/Netscape is like something in hibernation that suddenly wakes up, takes a poop, and goes to sleep again.